Originally Posted by x_mech
i did it (stored APK in internal memory). the application is throwing exception consistently - Unfortunately, Google play store has stopped. I cleared cache, stopped forcefully and cleared data. Could you please suggest next option.
Probably needs installation to /system/app, permissions set, cache cleared etc...... needing root
Personally, I'd go the "hard way".
1. Download official P6800 firmware package from samsung-updates.com or sammobile.com (depending on language/csc preference, JB MD3 4.1.2 is the latest). Extract firmware so you have a .tar or .tar.md5
2. Have latest Samsung drivers installed. You can search for them or just install KIES from SAMSUNG.
3. If you have KIES installed, make sure it is not running and end any Windows KIES processes in the task manager
4. Download and run ODIN program to manually flash firmware (You might have to run as administrator, maybe not).
5. Don't touch any Odin settings, select PDA and your downloaded extracted firmware package
6. Power off device
7. Boot into Download Mode : Hold volume down + power on (release only when in download mode)
8. Connect device to PC via USB cable and your Odin ID:com should change color
9. Click start
10. Device should auto reboot after "success".
11. Factory reset after first boot and setup
+ NEVER tick "re-partition" unless you're using a PIT file. It is not required here.
There are many detailed guides around. Some in the forum "stickies" in General and Q&A sections.
The basic process I described is not that daunting. Just follow the guides exactly and read thoroughly before doing anything.
Sorry, can't really think of anything else that's simple right now (tired).
Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app