[BETA] Easy Cloud Notes

Search This thread

Goddchen

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 4, 2010
Konstanz
Hey everyone!

Need your help again with my next BETA Android app :)

It is again focused on the cloud. This time, it is a note taking app that you can sync to various cloud services (even in parallel).

It supports the common note types:
  • Text notes
  • Checklists
  • Photo notes
  • Audio notes
  • Drawings (coming soon)

Currently supported cloud services:
  • Dropbox
  • Google Drive
  • Box.net
  • SugarSync
  • SkyDrive

It doesn't use any custom views and should be pure Holo :)

Grab it at the Play Store:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.goddchen.android.cloudnotes

Or via this QR Code:
chart

Or on Google Drive:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3m7udRtUYhCX2ZkUkxtRktpOEU&usp=sharing

Really looking forward to your feedback of any kind! :)

Goddchen

Attachments

• icon_128.png
    icon_128.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 706
  • device-2013-04-20-124321.jpg
    device-2013-04-20-124321.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 880
  • device-2013-04-20-124242.jpg
    device-2013-04-20-124242.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 809
  • device-2013-04-20-124733.jpg
    device-2013-04-20-124733.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 807
  • device-2013-04-20-124614.jpg
    device-2013-04-20-124614.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 745

Goddchen

Mar 4, 2010
Konstanz
1.0-beta4:
  • Fixed multiple Force Close issues
  • Show feedback when clicking the save button
  • Theme chooser (dark/light theme)

Mathias1

Nov 22, 2010
Gothenburg
Sweet!

I've been looking for exactly this!
Tho, it doesn't download .txt-files that i move into the Dropbox-folder..?

Goddchen

Mar 4, 2010
Konstanz
Sweet!

I've been looking for exactly this!
Tho, it doesn't download .txt-files that i move into the Dropbox-folder..?

Strange, should be working (with txt files for text notes and also images in the Photos folder).

Could you kindly disable and re-enable Dropbox sync and capture a logcat while you do that?

Goddchen

Mathias1

Nov 22, 2010
Gothenburg
Strange, should be working (with txt files for text notes and also images in the Photos folder).

Could you kindly disable and re-enable Dropbox sync and capture a logcat while you do that?

Goddchen

Now they showed up! But it creates ".txt.sha1"-files..?
But the "No notes" text shows "behind" the entries...

And maybe if the user could be able to only show titles in the list, that'd be great =)

Last edited:

Goddchen

Mar 4, 2010
Konstanz
Now they showed up! But it creates ".txt.sha1"-files..?
But the "No notes" text shows "behind" the entries...

And maybe if the user could be able to only show titles in the list, that'd be great =)

The "No notes" issue is fixed, thanks for pointing it out! Google caches should be updating in some hours to deliver the update :)

Good idea on the title-only setting.

TwinAdk

Mar 15, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Interesting project :) this is super early in the process, but already looking good :) what is the goal of the app, with so many alternatives? Not that there is no room for another alternative, just asking how this one will differentiate itself.

Kind Regards
TwinAdk
- Via the premium XDA app

Goddchen

Mar 4, 2010
Konstanz
Interesting project :) this is super early in the process, but already looking good :) what is the goal of the app, with so many alternatives? Not that there is no room for another alternative, just asking how this one will differentiate itself.

I just didn't find any note app that supported syncing to multiple cloud services in parallel. That's the main reason why I created this app.

adrianhoria

Nov 27, 2012
Hi, this is a nice project. Any means to try audio notes for free ? I dont want to repeat the awful audio quality of evernote for instance.

TwinAdk

Mar 15, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
I just didn't find any note app that supported syncing to multiple cloud services in parallel. That's the main reason why I created this app.

Hmm.. Well, good point actually.. I have been using colornote before, and currently I am using keep from Google - exactly because of the cloud capabilities.. One thing I miss in Google keep is the option to password protect the start of the app..

Kind Regards
TwinAdk

Goddchen

Mar 4, 2010
Konstanz
Hi, this is a nice project. Any means to try audio notes for free ? I dont want to repeat the awful audio quality of evernote for instance.

Providing some amount of free audio and photo notes for users to test it is a good idea. I will think about it.

For now, I can only tell you some insights:
The app is using the 3GP output format and uses Android's built-in AAC encoder. My tests had pretty good audio quality...

Goddchen

Mar 4, 2010
Konstanz
Hmm.. Well, good point actually.. I have been using colornote before, and currently I am using keep from Google - exactly because of the cloud capabilities.. One thing I miss in Google keep is the option to password protect the start of the app..

Kind Regards
TwinAdk

good point on the password protection, created an ticket for this :)
You might want to follow it to be notified about the progress :)
https://bitbucket.org/Goddchen/cloudnotes/issue/9/add-setting-for-password-protection-of-app

TwinAdk

Mar 15, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Hello.

Part of the app is in german, while the rest is English :) I can by the way help translate the app into Danish if you like?

Edit : and thanks for the password protection :) Would encrypting the notes before sync to cloud, and decryption when returning to the phone be considered in the future? Eg, while in the cloud, the data is encrypted?

Kind Regards
TwinAdk

Last edited:

Goddchen

Mar 4, 2010
Konstanz
Hello.

Part of the app is in german, while the rest is English :) I can by the way help translate the app into Danish if you like?

Edit : and thanks for the password protection :) Would encrypting the notes before sync to cloud, and decryption when returning to the phone be considered in the future? Eg, while in the cloud, the data is encrypted?

Kind Regards
TwinAdk

Hey, any help in translating would be awesome! :) Check out the project at GetLocalization: http://www.getlocalization.com/EasyCloudNotes/ I'll update the strings with the most recent version later today, but you can already start with the current strings :)

Encrypting files in the could would eliminate the option to edit them in the could... So it's not on the roadmap for now...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone!

Need your help again with my next BETA Android app :)

It is again focused on the cloud. This time, it is a note taking app that you can sync to various cloud services (even in parallel).

It supports the common note types:
    • Text notes
    • Checklists
    • Photo notes
    • Audio notes
    • Drawings (coming soon)

Currently supported cloud services:
    • Dropbox
    • Google Drive
    • Box.net
    • SugarSync
    • SkyDrive

It doesn't use any custom views and should be pure Holo :)

Grab it at the Play Store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.goddchen.android.cloudnotes

Or via this QR Code:
    chart

Or on Google Drive:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3m7udRtUYhCX2ZkUkxtRktpOEU&usp=sharing

Really looking forward to your feedback of any kind! :)

Goddchen
    Hi, still nous way tout try audio quality ?

Sorry, not yet.

I like the new in app purchase where one can choose the amount cool idea.

Don't know how difficult it is to have the premium feature for a limited time like 15 days, cause then the chances would properly be higher for people choosing a higher amount.

Nur ein Gedanke. (just a thought). :D

Cheers
    I'm currently more thinking about an approach where you can freely add 1 photo/audio note to test it. And if you want to add more notes, you have to go premium. What do you think about that?

It worked just fine, thanks! :) I have an issue with Getlocalization though.. Using CTRL+Enter to save current string and move to next, does not work as intended.. I think. When i press CTRL+Enter, it saves and move to FIRST string, everytime.. This means i have to click the line i want to translate every time, drastically raising the amount of time it takes me...

Is that really intended behaviour?

Have you tried clicking on the "Save & Continue" button instead of hitting ctrl+enter? Maybe you have some plugins installed or the browser is doing something on ctrl+enter other then that what GetLocalization wants? I don't know, I never had problems with the feature :(
    Updated. All lines translated into danish! :laugh: Gogo, get it out there so i can proof the work in the app itself.