[Q] Brick question

Search This thread

lino4

Apr 20, 2014
I've been doing research on this for a while, and I decided to sign up and ask about this question. Majority of the topics here dealing with bricking either have solved it because of access to fastboot, or some users have given up and either retired their devices or sent them in to ASUS.

Long story short, I installed Clockwork Recovery Mod and Cyanogen mod with no issues. After a couple of weeks, I decided I wanted to go back to stock. I did some research and found a topic which said I needed TWRP in order to flash back the stock ROM. I installed TWRP, but some things seemed to have gone awry with that install and I no longer have access to the fastboot menu and the tablet keeps booting straight into recovery.

I can load new roms by pushing them with adb, but when I try to reload the stock mod it just reboots and nothing gets installed. I tried to sideload a rom, but my version of TWRP doesn't have that feature (I have 2.2). So far, I think I can get it back on track if I could somehow install a new recovery, or start my device from scratch somehow.

Also whenever I transfer to device memory, if I reboot the tablet, everything gets erased and the log is littered with errors about not being able to find and mount /data. From what I've read, it should be solved with a simple format of the file system. However, all of my attempts to use the recovery's built in wiping/formatting tools have ended with no success. If I put in a microSD, that gets wiped as well so in order to load a ROM, I have to push it using adb.

I thought I had fully bricked it, but it seems that since it's accessible through adb, it's still somewhat fixable. I know about backing up everything with nvflash, now, I guess I just didn't do enough research before getting into this. Any ideas, feedback, is appreciated, so far I'm learning a lot about android devices from this experience.

_that

Recognized Developer / Inactive RC
Oct 2, 2012
I can load new roms by pushing them with adb, but when I try to reload the stock mod it just reboots and nothing gets installed. I tried to sideload a rom, but my version of TWRP doesn't have that feature (I have 2.2).

Where did you dig out this ancient TWRP version? It is not compatible with the current bootloaders and cannot access the internal storage at all - that's why all your installation attempts are failing.

Read this thread, it deals with a similar problem: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2291974

lino4

Apr 20, 2014
Where did you dig out this ancient TWRP version? It is not compatible with the current bootloaders and cannot access the internal storage at all - that's why all your installation attempts are failing.

Read this thread, it deals with a similar problem: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2291974

Yeah I found that thread not too long ago, I pushed the bootloader and was able to load the stock rom and get everything going.