[ROM] VanirAOSP [official] [nightlies] [4.4.4] organized, clean, fast.

Search This thread

PrimeDirective

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 7, 2010
Welcome to VanirAOSP. Our mission is to deliver a clean optimized version of Android with subtly improved versions of the features you love to as many devices as possible. we've tried to incorporate and improve our features in a way that makes them more cohesive to improve the overall user experience while correcting any performance regressions and improving functionality..

What to expect:
- This is not a McCopy ROM. What goes into our build is well thought-out and not a bunch of stuff duck taped together because we could.
- maximum optimization. We do our research. We test hard. We build -fstrict -O3 globally and include a massive array of code optimizations and memory leak fixes that we write ourselves and eventually submit to AOSP or Linaro.
- originality in our source. We generate a lot of new commits being features or general code improvements. We are open source to share and improve the community but we also try to make sure we offer a unique experience.
- aesthetics.. hopefully in your opinion :p

General features:
stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
custom written CRON and init.d.
UI and graphics improvements
custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
halo (active display & lockscreen notifications are in review)
usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
animation control
Improved Vanir keyboard
CM's profiles & quicksettings
additional quicksetting tiles
immersive mode
statusbar mods
clock & battery mods
lockscreen blur and other mods
soon to come -> quick cam and flash notifications
busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc
yatta yatta yatta
more to come when i feel like updating the op

Join our Google+ community for news/updates
Nightly downloads are available on our google+ page or directly from our server
if you're interested in becoming a maintainer.. or just need help please email me. i'll reply as soon as i can. Activethrasher00@gmail.com

Please help me continue developing, or simply just toss me some change for a coffee

kernel source

Last edited:

psafx

Sep 9, 2008
Is it possible to make tilapia (Nexus 7 3G) version?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

johnnyman25

May 28, 2008
Thessaloniki
Guys if i flash this rom i need to format data partition too?also what about my apps and games?thx!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

PrimeDirective

Apr 7, 2010
Guys if i flash this rom i need to format data partition too?also what about my apps and games?thx!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

you new to flashing custom ROMs?

every time you change ROMs you should factory reset. it will keep your sdcard contents. as far as saved games it probably depends on the developer that made the game but it should hang on to them.

PrimeDirective

Apr 7, 2010
Is it possible to make tilapia (Nexus 7 3G) version?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

uhhmm yea i guess. i think somebody from droidhive was flashing my builds actually haha.

i'll see if i can figure it out tomorrow. i've been meaning to get a nexus 4 build set up too i just don't have the device or know anybody that could test it for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: psafx

Winamp_zg

Account currently disabled
May 19, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Where I can find those gapps which are mentioned in the first post?
Eclipse's gapps??
Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

PrimeDirective

Apr 7, 2010

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/35925-rom-atom-421-v2-d01-13-milestone-113/

that picture is the 4.1.2 version of my galaxy nexus rom that uses the same source. i no longer include the version # in the pulldown and i use the stock icons because of theme chooser. i didn't steer very var from AOSP to leave it up to the user to decide how they want the ROM to look.

also, it should be noted that instead of using a ROM control app like AOKP or most other ROMs i decided it was more intuitive to include the features in their respective menus ie sound options under the sound setting header rather than having them in both settings AND rom control. look around there are a lot of subtle additions. to turn on developer options click on the build in about phone 7 times. in there is the reboot menu toggle. i felt this was a good place since the developer options are disabled for non-owner users with multiuser. that way somebody's kids don't reboot into recovery and cause havoc lol.

PrimeDirective

Apr 7, 2010
Where I can find those gapps which are mentioned in the first post?
Eclipse's gapps??
Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

in the eclipse thread. there's a bunch of inverted GAPPs out there. i'm having somebody put together an aroma installer for me right now that contains both regular and inverted gapps. pretty excited. also working on an inverted theme chooser theme to include with the ROM. options options!

PrimeDirective

Apr 7, 2010
Maybe I missed this but what Kernel comes with this ROM?

stock AOSP. we don't have a kernel developer for the N7 and i haven't really had time to extensively test any of them out. feel free to flash whatever works best on your device though. I've had good luck with bricked and motley.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to VanirAOSP. Our mission is to deliver a clean optimized version of Android with subtly improved versions of the features you love to as many devices as possible. we've tried to incorporate and improve our features in a way that makes them more cohesive to improve the overall user experience while correcting any performance regressions and improving functionality..

What to expect:
    - This is not a McCopy ROM. What goes into our build is well thought-out and not a bunch of stuff duck taped together because we could.
    - maximum optimization. We do our research. We test hard. We build -fstrict -O3 globally and include a massive array of code optimizations and memory leak fixes that we write ourselves and eventually submit to AOSP or Linaro.
    - originality in our source. We generate a lot of new commits being features or general code improvements. We are open source to share and improve the community but we also try to make sure we offer a unique experience.
    - aesthetics.. hopefully in your opinion :p

General features:
    stock mode - ability revert to stock AOSP code with the exception of a few custom features we chose to keep active
    enhanced performance.. longer uptime with less slowdown
    custom written CRON and init.d.
    UI and graphics improvements
    custom navbar, navring, and hardware key features
    halo (active display & lockscreen notifications are in review)
    usability improvements like power reboot menu and sound
    animation control
    Improved Vanir keyboard
    CM's profiles & quicksettings
    additional quicksetting tiles
    immersive mode
    statusbar mods
    clock & battery mods
    lockscreen blur and other mods
    soon to come -> quick cam and flash notifications
    busybox, embedded root, init.d, cron etc
    yatta yatta yatta
    more to come when i feel like updating the op

Join our Google+ community for news/updates
    Nightly downloads are available on our google+ page or directly from our server
    if you're interested in becoming a maintainer.. or just need help please email me. i'll reply as soon as i can. Activethrasher00@gmail.com

Please help me continue developing, or simply just toss me some change for a coffee

kernel source
    Release notes:

fixed bugs. fixed a LOT of bugs.
    java performance enhancements
    native code fixups/improvements
    enhanced pie functionality & speed
    fixed a ****-ton more memory leaks in the dalvik vm
    removed a lot of dead code from frameworks
    unregistered some content resolvers to use less system resources
    added check to add media to mutestate (non-wifi devices only)
    fixed/removed wallpaper gradient in Launcher2 using navbar/statusbar transparency
    fixed up display metrics calculation for recents panel layout. perfection.
    fixed AOKP navbar: long-press home for navring inflation again!!
    added a blank spacer target in the navbar
    added vibration control to performance settings
    fixed NOOP on surface dithering
    removed boot animation sound capability until i implement a method to on/off and choose media
    seriously tired of typing this so im' just going to stop
    oh, and duece is back for a visit
    D03-25 Release notes:

some UI cleanup
    many bug fixes
    layout fixes for tablet UI etc
    theming cleanup
    some repos with -fno-strict-aliasing hardcoded by linaro have been set to use fstrict-aliasing (more butter)
    plugged a lot of memory leaks since the last release
    some native code tweaks
    localized some optimizations to remove regressions caused in some places when set globally
    compiled with custom NDK
    compiled with custom toolchain
    stabilized cflags a bit to test my aliasing violation fixes mentioned above
    some script tweaking
    more logging removed
    bionic sin/cos optimization
    removed unnecessary debugging code from performance critical libc & libm
    auto brightness curve adjust fixed
    tits, butter, skittles...

this is a pretty solid build. i'd consider it a milestone release except i didn't get a chance to test it as much as i wanted.
    enjoi an update for grouper and tilapia

change log:
    fixed ****
    new ****
    tits, butter, & skittles
    release notes:

ui selector added: phablet/tablet/phone on the fly!!
    pie upgraded and less buggy now
    bugs fixed
    beats/bravia2 multimedia upgraded
    majority of the time spent fixing memory leaks and adding new compiler flags to make faster
    full graphite + link time optimization
    clibrary upgrades
    a lot of arch-arm NEON focused improvements (efficiency/speed)
    a lot of frameworks improvements for fluidity
    full hardware accelerated keyboard & pertinent frameworks elements
    expanded desktop can now be shut off.. and a list array was added to select hide statusbar, hide both, or turn off
    bunch -o- other ****

enjoi!!