[q] can you please recommend razr hd xt925 best custom rom??

Search This thread

six37

Aug 25, 2012
I'm tired of stock rom. Looking for most stable custom rom for RAZR HD XT925. Should I use CM or what? TWRP or CWM? Also some instructions how to do it... I'm really confused so any help would be highly appreciated... :confused:

Last edited:

djvita

Sep 9, 2013
Guadalajara
I'm tired of stock rom. Looking for most stable custom rom for RAZR HD XT925. Should I use CM or what? TWRP or CWM? Also some instructions how to do it... I'm really confused so any help would be highly appreciated... :confused:

first tell us if you are rooted, unlocked bootloader, if not thats what youll need to do first.
once that is done, then go on and flash a custom rom.
only stable ones are jelly bean 4.1.2 roms, 4.4 are good too but not wholly optimized.

SirHoover2010

Sep 12, 2011
Vincennes
Hard to say what the "best" is. For instance once my phone shows up I will look for the most stable, best battery life, and AOSP style build. Some people don't care if some things work or if something isn't extremely smooth so their favorite may differ from yours. What do you like in ROMs? Have you tried any ROMs for any other phones that you really liked?

six37

Aug 25, 2012
Sorry! MY phone is rooted and the bootloader is locked because I'm not sure which ROM to use. I will unlock if you help me to decide what custom rom to use.

I have tried CM on RAZR XT910 but it was ustable and anoying.

I would like to backup current stock rom state and to try other roms on this XT925 phone. I have seen some videos showing TWRP be the best to cycle between roms and also backup current stock rom?

Maybe I'm not clear enough because I have so many questions but I want to learn how to do flashing custom roms in safest and right way hence my thread...

I want to know first where to start...

Thank you all in advance...

Last edited:

idless

Jul 5, 2012
Just my personal preference but slimkat is highly recommendable. Running release candidate 2 presentently. It is perfectly usable af daily driver and vastly superior to stock rom in my opinion.

Reactions: six37

djvita

Sep 9, 2013
Guadalajara
six37,
im running cm11, and its stable, just had one reboot, just one app doesnt work right but its no biggie, i can use the website instead.

djvita

Sep 9, 2013
Guadalajara
What app was it that didn't work. Also can you comment on battery life on CM?

hm it was EzPdfReader, it did not read my external sd card when loading available pdfs, but i can access them through a filesystem app like es, and then open the pdfs there,

as for battery life, i installed greenify.
last saturday, i forgot to charge my phone overnight (i charged it a bit before i went out to party). it lasted to 12%.
hVxUqqN.png

six37

Aug 25, 2012
OK! I have unlocked bootloader and installed TWRP 2.6.3.0 and everything is fine. I have backed up my stock rom and now trying slimrom 4.4.2...

CeBBe

Feb 8, 2014
I m on gummy ROM. Stable and good battery life.
Previously i was on validatus but no theme support ;)
This 2 ROM are very stable ans good battery life.

djvita

Sep 9, 2013
Guadalajara
i get even more battery life if i have wifi off, 5hrs unplugged only connected once to update apps and still at 91%, more reason to get a tablet for web browsing...

SirHoover2010

Sep 12, 2011
Vincennes
first tell us if you are rooted, unlocked bootloader, if not thats what youll need to do first.
once that is done, then go on and flash a custom rom.
only stable ones are jelly bean 4.1.2 roms, 4.4 are good too but not wholly optimized.

Also would like to point out (I just found out this) is that you can not use a third party app to stop texts from showing from certain numbers. I believe this is on all of 4.4 though

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just my personal preference but slimkat is highly recommendable. Running release candidate 2 presentently. It is perfectly usable af daily driver and vastly superior to stock rom in my opinion.
    six37,
    im running cm11, and its stable, just had one reboot, just one app doesnt work right but its no biggie, i can use the website instead.
    I m on gummy ROM. Stable and good battery life.
    Previously i was on validatus but no theme support ;)
    This 2 ROM are very stable ans good battery life.