[APP] USB Mass Storage for Ice Cream Sandwich & Jelly Bean [v.1.2.0-pre - 02.02.2012]

Search This thread

Fiendish1989

Sep 30, 2013
Hi, I need to resolve my problem with kenwood kdc-bt51u because I want to connect my Oppo Find 5 with paranoid 3.99 based on 4.3 that have only MTP with Kenwood that support Only UMS like usb key! I need it my previous phone is an iPhone and after change and this bad discovery I'm very sad!

mscheaf

Mar 20, 2014
I have confirmed this does not work on Galaxy Victory LTE. Phone shows up as cd-rom in windows and and audio players that use ums don't recognize it.

coolhot_fdb

Feb 12, 2010
Do you still develop on this tool? It doesn´t work on my Acer A510 with CM11 or OmniRom. Alwasy says: "You cannot activate UMS without USB-Connection". Of course there is a connection and Windows Explorer shows the device. I tried MTP and PTP.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [APP] USB Mass Storage for Ice Cream Sandwich & Jelly Bean [v.1.2.0-pre - 02.02.2012]

Hey all!

Note: This App was developed in the early days of Ice Cream Sandwich Ports. At this time none of the Ports had native USB Mass Storage support and this App was meant as a temporary workaround to use UMS nevertheless. So this App won't be interesting for you, unless the ICS or JB Port you use still doesn't natively support UMS. If that is the case, here comes help:

Update for Jelly Bean: I successfully tested the App (v1.1.4!) with the first test release of a Jelly Bean Rom for Nexus One.

Update for MTP: I probably found a way to permanent support UMS for devices that originally use MTP, but I don't have a device to test this. So, if preferably a Galaxy Nexus owner would be so kind to test a few things for me, please pm me. Thanks![/url].

USB Mass Storage for ICS (that doesn't have native UMS support (yet))
    USB Mass Storage for ICS and JB (that doesn't have native UMS support (yet))

Description
    The app starts automatically after booting up the device and automatically detects when the device is being connected via USB to a computer. Then a notification pops up in the notification bar and by tapping on the notification you will open a GUI to enable/disable USB Mass Storage; just/almost like the original UMS feature.​

Confirmed supported devices (JB)
    • HTC Nexus One
    • Samsung Galaxy Mini GT-S5570
    • Sony Ericsson Xperia X8

Confirmed supported devices (ICS)
    • HTC Desire
    • HTC Desire HD
    • HTC Droid Incredible
    • HTC Evo 3D
    • HTC Evo 4G
    • HTC HD2
    • HTC Nexus One
    • Huawei Sonic U8650
    • Kindle Fire
    • LG P350 Optimus Me
    • LG P500 Optimus One
    • Motorola Droid 3 (XT860)
    • Samsung Galaxy Ace (S5830)
    • Samsung Galaxy Mini GT (S5570)
    • Samsung Galaxy Note (N7000)
    • Samsung Galaxy S (I9000/I9000B)
    • Samsung Galaxy S 2 (I9100G)
    • Samsung Galaxy Gio (S5660)
    • Samsung Infuse 4G
    • Samsung Moment
    • Sony Ericsson Xperia X8
    • Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i

APK Download
    For the devices listed above, the App works like a charm.
    • Latest stable version (1.1.4): Download APK (you'll probably want this one!)
    • Latest version (1.2.0-pre): Download APK
    • Older versions: see post attachemets.

A few Notes:

Sync- / Multiple Partition-Issue
    If you have multiple partitions on your SD card, you might have a problem with file list syncing. When UMS is enabled and you alter files on your SD via Computer, you won't see the changes on your device (and vice-versa). The app will work nevertheless. All copied/deleted files are there/gone! It is just a sync problem. Resync and you'll see it.

Pre release version (Sync- / Multiple Partition-Fix)
    Beside the stable version 1.1.4, there exists a pre-release version of 1.2.0 that fix the sync issue. Feel free use this version, but be aware of the fact that not all of the settings from the menu are working yet! At the moment, this is basically v1.1.4 with improved layout and sync fix. So please don't report bugs for the settings that doesn't work.

MTP
    Another thing to note is that devices using MTP (such as the Galaxy Nexus) most probably won't be able to use UMS via the App at all. There have been reported a few suggestions to fix that, but atm those fixes doesn't work. I'm working on that, but i'm doing this in my sparetime and don't have a device that uses MTP myself, so it's hard to work on that. Anyway you can try.​

Changelog
    1.2.0-pre
    • Cleaned Layout
    • Changed device map referrer from hard coded mmcblk0 to be dynamically recognized
    • Adjusted translation files.
    • Few minor other changes.
    • Layout changed from two buttons to one toggle button.
    • Changed device map referrer from vold/179:1 to mmcblk0
    • Adjusted translation files.
    • Few minor other changes.
    v1.1.3
    • Added Multi-language support.
    • Added local language files for German, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish & Norwegian.
    v1.1.2
    • Notification fixes & improvements.
    v1.1.1
    • Notification fixes.
    v1.1.0
    • Added auto-detection of USB connection.
    • Added notifications support.
    • Added auto-start after boot.
    v1.0.3
    • Code clean up.
    v1.0.2
    • Code clean up.
    • Added menu button to close the app properly.

If you have any issues, let me know.

Cheers!
    Hi guys,

i'm back and i apologize for not responding sooner.
    I have finally fixed some issues with the app, it should be bugfree in regard of the app
    and its options right now. if you have feature requests, please tell me and i might look into it if it's worth imo.

to come to the main feature not working on some devices, i think i have an idea for that
    and will implement a test soon where you i will add a logging feature which you have to send me
    so i can try to figure out how mounting works on the devices that have problems right now.
    :cowboy:

I attached version 2.45 now (it wont help people that had problems with 2.x) since the method didnt change to mount,
    but as said, will soon try to address this...

I will also create a new thread then so i can properly manage a list with working/not working phones and roms as bextons
    is flooded with work and hardly responding right now.
    Hi guys,

An update is available:
    I also was able to contact Bexton which received this update, too.
    Also i want to get feedback on this release. I will PM now everyone from the last
    pages who asked for help. :)

Best Regards,
    calav3ra

D/L Link on my Dropbox Account: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/igvrz0nzuv6hmz0/ywIHdqXgZ0

Changelog:
    USB Mass Storage Toggle

Version 2.4:

- change code to mount all sd-cards found, not just one.
    - fix bug with detecting initial mount-state
    - fix bug with detecting sd-cards
    - added widget to use the usb-storage even more quickly
    - added option to vibrate (1-1000 milliseconds, 0 to deactivate)
    - added option to disable popups
    - changed notifications to be activatable, instead of sticky and non-sticky.
    - improve description of preferences
    - cleaned up current translations to be more clear and similar
    - removed time being shown on the notifications
    - removed quit-item in the menu, as it doesnt make much sense on android.

- TODO: add all previously existing translations again (french, spanish, italian, ...), right now, only english and german are available.

Version 2.3:
    - changed app to include either the overflow menu (modern devices with no hardware menu button) or
    the normal menu (old devices with hardware buttons)
    Huge update

Hey folks,

I know you've been waiting for updates for some time now and I am sorry it took that long. However, thanks to the effort of XDA user calav3ra_de, I have some news for you:

1.) A new version that comes with many bugfixes and improvements (all credits to calav3ra_de).
    2.) I made another attempt to get UMS working over MTP. If your device natively uses the MTP protocol, open the settings of the App and check "Force UMS / Suppress MTP". Now you should be able to use UMS. If not, please try to reboot and try again. Please let me (and others) know if that works.

Here is the download link to version 2.0: http://d-h.st/2nc

PS: The new version takes changes in the settings menu into account, unlike the old version. ;) So, if you need to adjust the mount point(s) or the lunfile path, you can do this in the settings, too.
    PPS: I will update OP as soon as I get feedback as for MTP..

About not mounting: There was a small bug, an oversight by me, which is fixed in the next version.
    But this doesn't mean unfortunately, that it will mount really on your phone. It is still unclear to us which device
    configurations exist on the different android devices.

v 2.44
    Changelog:
    - notification icon now disappears when not connected via usb (as the default android mass-storage app does)
    - fixed bug with displaying wrong state of connection on start.
    - fixed centering of text on main UI.
    - added code to display text when not all partitions could be mounted.
    - translations reworked to fit more the default android app.