Desperate situation with P735 ROM upgrade - Please help

Search This thread

AsusP

Jan 26, 2012
Hi everybody , i am using an Asus P735 device with a German WM6 Rom installed on it. When trying to upgrade it to an English version 6.0 (since i was unable to find 6.1 for this device, which would definitely be preferable), i receive the following message:

"Cross-language upgrade is not Allowed. Please ensure the upgrade tool language is same as the default language of your device."

The thing is i don't want the "default language of my device". How can i get rid of it?

After lots of searches on the net, including on this forum, i've found no answers and in the few similar cases posted the users were left with no answer.
The Asus language unlock tools is of no help whatsoever on this phone.
Can anybody help me with this device?

The most similar thread on the forum i've discovered is this one:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=368107

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010
Hi everybody , i am using an Asus P735 device with a German WM6 Rom installed on it. When trying to upgrade it to an English version 6.0 (since i was unable to find 6.1 for this device, which would definitely be preferable), i receive the following message:

"Cross-language upgrade is not Allowed. Please ensure the upgrade tool language is same as the default language of your device."

The thing is i don't want the "default language of my device". How can i get rid of it?

After lots of searches on the net, including on this forum, i've found no answers and in the few similar cases posted the users were left with no answer.

Thank you very much.

for desktop PCs ! if you have by example W7 in French and want to put it in English - I mean to get English package by update- this will not work if you have an OEM license -this is not allowed!
so is that with OEMs if you want to keep license !
for your PDA you must find an unofficial English ROM only! also a way to write it to the phone BUT for this to work DO NOT use Active Sync!
I can't give you more details because don't have a PDA like yours but this problem is interesting
also subscribed to this topic

Last edited:

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010

Thank you very much.

try a way to write firmware without Active Sync read this post to see you need some way like that
http://xdaforums.com/archive/index.php/t-378907.html

ftp.asus.com/pub/ASUS/IA/P735 doesn't works more you have to find somewere a firmware in English as I see no longer Asus support they say this is deprecated sorry to hear that

Last edited:

AsusP

Jan 26, 2012
Hi Ruscan and thank you for your interest in this topic, being the first person to react at all to this problem that has been left unsolved for many years, despite many other people posting about it earlier and who were left with neither solution nor answer/evidence of interest from the side of the developers. I do also think this is an interesting issue that could become even more actual in the future.

So far i was unable to find ANY unoffocial ROM for the P735. I do have the official one (Malaysia) in English though, from Asus's website, yet i do not know how to hack it and eventually install it. Furthermore, i was wondering whether an P750 or P535 ROM could work on a P735 with few modifications, cause the 735 is hardware-wise somewhere between the two.

I am ready to take the time to write the firmware myself yet i have no experience at all in that neither i know from where to start. If to write a new firware then it would be good to finally produce a WM6.1 version for this PDA, instead of the existing 6.0. How to do that, any idea?

Thank you for your explanation and for making this non-sense situation a little bit more clear.

PS: Also, i've read somewhere that the device won't turn-on anymore if upgraded to a different language, does that apply to an update via SD-card as well?

PS2: Installing the Android system on this device would be an option?

pupakota

Sep 29, 2009
..i wonder what would ASUS.UnlockLangID.exe do with your problem..
what's this all about:
p525 had similar problem, that could result in NOT real bricking of device after flash(wrong languague version after reset - device seem to be locked on bootloader then). when tool is used before flash, custom lang roms are working properly(interesting then, what this tool does, btw, as it is launched from WM - so, it may be microflasher, or sth like that).
now...i have strong feeling, that warnings you read about flashing different lang rom, may be related to this ridiculous, small, problem.
issue is, that i do not know, if ASUS.UnlockLangID.exe may help with p735, OR if there's version made for p735.

update: i read this again, slowly:
"Cross-language upgrade is not allowed. Please ensure the upgrade tool language is same as the default language of your device."

...they tell you about upgrade TOOL, not rom.
hmmm, so.. what, if you use tool in languague of...ROM?

maybe unlocklangid code is inside flasher, so using proper updater with proper rom is simple solution?

on the other hand - i am making roms for asuses for years, and i never used default flash method - vide usbloader method(and force mode from BL).
i am not going to encourage you to go this way of thinking, but...

Last edited:

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010
Hi Ruscan and thank you for your interest in this topic, being the first person to react at all to this problem that has been left unsolved for many years, despite many other people posting about it earlier and who were left with neither solution nor answer/evidence of interest from the side of the developers. I do also think this is an interesting issue that could become even more actual in the future.

So far i was unable to find ANY unoffocial ROM for the P735. I do have the official one (Malaysia) in English though, from Asus's website, yet i do not know how to hack it and eventually install it. Furthermore, i was wondering whether an P750 or P535 ROM could work on a P735 with few modifications, cause the 735 is hardware-wise somewhere between the two.

I am ready to take the time to write the firmware myself yet i have no experience at all in that neither i know from where to start. If to write a new firware then it would be good to finally produce a WM6.1 version for this PDA, instead of the existing 6.0. How to do that, any idea?

Thank you for your explanation and for making this non-sense situation a little bit more clear.

PS: Also, i've read somewhere that the device won't turn-on anymore if upgraded to a different language, does that apply to an update via SD-card as well?

PS2: Installing the Android system on this device would be an option?

sorry this is just to test my signature will be back but I do not think Android is an option for your phone it is all about technical specs to port Android on that phone and only Asus will have that

by example I know about a project named Andromnia this is how to use Android on Omnia-WM phone
nice try!! but believe me this is about reverse engineering and does not works for now- no gps/gprs/wifi signal and Android crashes

Last edited:

pupakota

Sep 29, 2009
funny, that andromnia showed me, asus user, that android could be real for REAL PDA's.
andromnia works on p750 when proper kernel is used,
EOT/
---
btw, is author of topic here?

Last edited:

ruscan.calin

Nov 29, 2010
funny, that andromnia showed me, asus user, that android could be real for REAL PDA's.
andromnia works on p750 when proper kernel is used, so i found ridiculous whining of ..omnia user here. where were users of omnia, when andoid on that device WAS real?
Now, go and focking buy android bs, you ignored andromnia maker for months, do not whine now.

well, HTC killed everything.

btw, is author of topic here?
better focus on topic

Last edited:

pupakota

Sep 29, 2009
tell me, what exactly are you trying to use to flash, abi file, exe file, what is it?

cit:
You can extract ABI file and flash you device through SD card
sooo..it seems, that updater BUG is reason, not roms itself here.
funny is, that rom cooking for this machine is quite real, if tools i can see are working.

--------------
upd: ok, so, if i see it right, all you need is to:
fully charge battery,
extact exe, get abi,
copy abi to empty sd card(NOT SHDC!),
go to bootloader(hard to say how - try dpad right + soft reset) and
wait.
when update's done, do hard reset.
--------------

of course, i cannot say at this moment, if whole process is safe, it works fine with zinc device(that seem to have identical flash procedures and SAME cross-lang error when manufacturer way of flashing is used(exe)).

i will try to get more info from my mate asap. cross your fingers, and wait a bit.

here's tool you may try to get abi file from original asus updater EXE file:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=368401

if it's not working, there's another one, maybe more universal,
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=511158

btw, are you from Pakistan? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: AsusP

AsusP

Jan 26, 2012
Thanks all of you for your input.

1 - There is NO AsusUnlockLangID.exe for Asus P735 - do not know why.

The one from P535 or P525 is useless on this phone.

2 - Great point about "same-upgrade-tool-language-possibility" yet the official ROM comes in an .exe file that i do not know how to unpack/hack in order to insert the correct ROM or vice-versa.
Could you provide me with some insight for that?

3 - Besides that, do you think a tweaked P750 ROM could work on this phone, or a hybrid P535/735? Wouldn't that be the best/easiest solution, which would in the same way finally create a more advanced ROM for this quite neglected device? The older P535 has even 6.5 ROMs whereas P735 is limited to the basic 6.0. (Does that have any advantage by the way?)

4 - I am open to any way of flashing, given it provides the right result so all your advices are welcome.

Yes, the author is very present :)

AsusP

Jan 26, 2012
@Pupakota

Ok, thank you, i've just read your last answer. I'm gonna try the tool you're talking about and inform you of the result.

PS: No, i'm not from Pakistan though i love the country, are you from there?

PS2: Any way to port the 6.1 version to P735, to kill two flies in one shot :) ?

Last edited:

pupakota

Sep 29, 2009
3 - Besides that, do you think a tweaked P750 ROM could work on this phone, or a hybrid P535/735? Wouldn't that be the best/easiest solution, which would in the same way finally create a more advanced ROM for this quite neglected device? The older P535 has even 6.5 ROMs whereas P735 is limited to the basic 6.0. (Does that have any advantage by the way?)
PS2: Any way to port the 6.1 version to P735, to kill two flies in one shot ?

p750 is different pair of shoes, nothing would be useful in this case. do not try any roms made for different devices(trivia, i know).
-----

i dare to say, that any rom is possible for 735... while searching info, people made every possible build, including 6.5's...ALL chinese :E

rom from exe is exctractable, then fully dumpable, packages are clean and good...

btw, that ABI file is just a renamed rom.bin...
while Activesync method of EXE flashing is wrong, only way of avoiding problem is using SD card flash method then by using that pseudo "abi" file.

dpad to right + softreset should start flash procedure. if not, it may be some key on the right side of the device + soft reset(hard to understand translated chinese...).

but before you decide to try...
could you, AsusP, make photo of bootloader mode?
and please, post link of exe file you were trying to flash, i need it(i mean this english one). for some reason dumped rom from "WWE" version seem to be...hebrew...
i really would extract real english rom.

now, only problem is, that besides of one case i did not see any clear information, if sd flash with languague change is safe.
one person wrote it is.

Last edited:

pupakota

Sep 29, 2009
yup, this one seems to be exactly like one i tried to extract, indeed, it's wwe.
damn, it's OLD :)
it seems, that cooking custom roms is possible for this device without special problems. new 6.1 or 6.5 should work MUCH faster, than your actual one, or that wwe from asus...

try to make photo of bootloader, and tell me, which version of 735 do you have, 64 mb or 128 mb of ram?

ahh and one last question: do you have original updater with german version of rom, that you CAN flash(i mean, that you have now, in your device)? it may be neccesary, if you ever dare to make further experiments.

Last edited:

AsusP

Jan 26, 2012
"try to make photo of bootloader, and tell me, which version of 735 do you have, 64 mb or 128 mb of ram?"

It is 64MB RAM, same as all Asus P7XX devices i guess, if not upgraded (mine is not).

Sorry, but how do you make photos of the bootloader? Do you mean the update tool?

"ahh and one last question: do you have original updater with german version of rom, that you CAN flash(i mean, that you have now, in your device)? it may be neccesary, if you ever dare to make further experiments."

I have it in the device yes but i don't have the program/CD if that's what you mean. It could be downloaded though from Asus i think...

PS: WWE stands for...?

pupakota

Sep 29, 2009
Sorry, but how do you make photos of the bootloader?

Bootloader mode flash(with unpacked from exe rom image on sd card) seem to be Only way to update your device.
I am trying to determine risk linked to this method, so i need photo of LOOK of bootloader mode.
You may enter BL mode by pressing dpad RIGHT and making soft reset, if i am right.
then something should appear, and this is what i want you to photograph it for me(with..camera).
of COURSE, do not put abi image on sd card YET, otherwise you start to update, and we do NOT know yet, if you brick your machine or not.
so, at this moment i just ant to see hot it look like, without flashing, if its typical 525/750 bootloader, not some weird thing, i'd assume, that abi file flashing should not brick machine.

sorry or enigmatic words, cannot explain this easier way.

It is 64MB RAM, same as all Asus P7XX devices i guess, if not upgraded (mine is not).
..so not all 735's have 64 mb ram, i'd say, ok?
look, i do not know nothing about your knowledge level, many users of 750's with 128 mb ram are using 64 mb version of roms(typical noob would have no idea to try any different), this is why i mentioned it...

btw, besides using GanFan-ZincROMXtractor's easier way of obtaining rom file from exe is just using restorator, reshack, or similar tool to extract rom at res 152.
result is identical as using zincromextractor, though name of file must be set manually - it is Mars_G4.abi (though, it is not..real abi file, but it doesn't matter).

english rom...

Last edited:

pupakota

Sep 29, 2009
what exactly are you trying to use to flash, abi file, exe file, what is it?

hey, do you have account on one of chinese pda sites?
could you download and post here any 735 kitchen for me, sir?
i'd like to have a look onto it, but for some reason i am not able to register.

AsusP

Jan 26, 2012
WWE World Wide English - got it.

Pupakota thanks a lot for your efforts, i've had a busy schedule these days, i'll paste you all the info soon.

My knowledge level is basic yet i have some experience of programing from before and i'm very keen to learn about this, more than just using the system.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    tell me, what exactly are you trying to use to flash, abi file, exe file, what is it?

cit:
    You can extract ABI file and flash you device through SD card
    sooo..it seems, that updater BUG is reason, not roms itself here.
    funny is, that rom cooking for this machine is quite real, if tools i can see are working.

--------------
    upd: ok, so, if i see it right, all you need is to:
    fully charge battery,
    extact exe, get abi,
    copy abi to empty sd card(NOT SHDC!),
    go to bootloader(hard to say how - try dpad right + soft reset) and
    wait.
    when update's done, do hard reset.
    --------------

of course, i cannot say at this moment, if whole process is safe, it works fine with zinc device(that seem to have identical flash procedures and SAME cross-lang error when manufacturer way of flashing is used(exe)).

i will try to get more info from my mate asap. cross your fingers, and wait a bit.

here's tool you may try to get abi file from original asus updater EXE file:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=368401

if it's not working, there's another one, maybe more universal,
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=511158

btw, are you from Pakistan? :)