OEM NOKIA ROMs - Download & Flashable - Now Supports 93 Devices!

Search This thread

madrascafe

Feb 16, 2006
New York
Nokia 7.2
Unable to get error message

I followed all the instruction to the T. the tool downloaded all the files but when I click on restore in programming, i get this error message. "Unable to get error message". any ideas?

NM: figured it out...

Last edited:

zigg

Jan 13, 2008
Pharoahwen please untick "automatic product detection" then you should choose no connection not "usb1" then you should be able to do dead phone flashing. Good luck

Sent from my RM-821_apac_australia_new_zealand_304 using Board Express

I had the same issue as Pharoahwen.

I'm running as admin (win8)
I installed the driver
Downloaded the rom
have it set to online
have it set to no connection
select recovery and then... I don't get that dead usb option.

It will recognize my device (when I tick auto product selection) so I know it is connected
I'm not getting that dead usb option at the bottom though

Using ATT 900, unlock code entered, running Straighttalk....

I just want the stupid Nokia Network App :rolleyes:

SuperSport

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
I had the same issue as Pharoahwen.

I'm running as admin (win8)
I installed the driver
Downloaded the rom
have it set to online
have it set to no connection
select recovery and then... I don't get that dead usb option.

It will recognize my device (when I tick auto product selection) so I know it is connected
I'm not getting that dead usb option at the bottom though
I see you are running as ADMIN, but did you install as Admin? There does seem to be a difference.

SuperSport

Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
For anyone having trouble, maybe try the Refurbish Mode instead. I just ran into the issue of not being able to get error message in Recovery Mode. Switched to Refurbish Mode, and now it's flashing my Lumia 920 without any problems.

herg62123

Retired Moderator
Jul 28, 2007
Everywhere a htc phone is located
ok question - i have a nokia 521 t-mobile

this question may have been asked already so sorry for the repost if it has.

i looked in the folder the rom downloads into and see several files but one file i see says tmobile simlock bin file.

if i remove this file could it sim unlock te phone or brick it?
if it needs to be there but create a dummy bin file with same name.....could this remove the sim unlock?

SuperSport

Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
ok question - i have a nokia 521 t-mobile

this question may have been asked already so sorry for the repost if it has.

i looked in the folder the rom downloads into and see several files but one file i see says tmobile simlock bin file.

if i remove this file could it sim unlock te phone or brick it?
if it needs to be there but create a dummy bin file with same name.....could this remove the sim unlock?
I believe that's a different SIM lock. That is, I believe, the security lock you can place on it so others cannot access your SIM.

fario78

Dec 25, 2012
Segorbe
A doubt, the warranty expires in lumia 920 for this?, And there is some difference of Italian to Spanish rom?

GreenGrenadez

Jun 4, 2012
Florida
Sending back for warranty exchange

Hello fellow flashers, Back a few months ago I just had to have the AMBER update and successfully updated my Lumia 920 black from stock USA ATT to Rogers and then to a French RM-821 (RM821_059S6R5_3047.0000.1326.2002_068) and since then to Lumia Black via the Preview for Devs. I've had no problems with my phone until now.

Recently I have 2-3 blue lines running the full length of my screen, but that is 2nd to the major problem that I've had since I've been with AT&T and that is callers cannot hear me unless I'm on my bluetooth. That was a problem on my HTC Titan and now with my Lumia 920.

Anyway, I'm sending it back to AT&T for they are sending me a replacement. Am I gonna get busted for this French ROM on my US 920? I've tried to flash back and it seems to be impossible.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

cyadron

Oct 16, 2008
Thank you for the software.
But I get an error when running on Win XP SP3 that this is not a valid Win32 application.

SuperSport

Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
Thank you for the software.
But I get an error when running on Win XP SP3 that this is not a valid Win32 application.
Unfortunately, this is a very old thread, and the Tools described here do not work anymore. Nokia has stopped access to their servers.

If you are looking to restore your software or bricked phone to the latest Official Version, you can try the Windows Device Recovery Tool (Download Below). It's SUPER simple to use. Simply install, run, plug in phone, and select your device. Let me know if it works for you or not.
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=525569

cyadron

Oct 16, 2008
Unfortunately, this is a very old thread, and the Tools described here do not work anymore. Nokia has stopped access to their servers.

If you are looking to restore your software or bricked phone to the latest Official Version, you can try the Windows Device Recovery Tool (Download Below). It's SUPER simple to use. Simply install, run, plug in phone, and select your device. Let me know if it works for you or not.
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=525569

Thank you for the link.
The software is good and very simple, unfortunately it was not able to fix my phone but I am sure it will fix many other.

janalam143

Dec 31, 2015
PLEASE NOTE, THESE TOOLS MAY NOT WORK ANYMORE DUE TO SERVER ACCESS BEING LIMITED TO NOKIA SUPPORT PERSONNEL ONLY.

WARNING!!!

THESE FILES CAN DESTROY YOUR PHONE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! THEY CAN ALSO VOID YOUR WARRANTY!!!

WARNING!!!

UPDATE: Video Tutorial Now Available

Sorry about the Choppy Audio. I need a new Mic.​

Using the Links and Video posted here, you can download, install and run the Nokia Care Suite software. This software allows you to download the Latest STOCK OEM ROMs directly from Nokia Servers. It also allows you to flash these ROMs to your Nokia Phones. Keep in mind, this WILL WIPE YOUR PHONE CLEAN! So, be sure you have a backup of all your data, photos, videos, texts messages, etc... EVERYTHING

PS: Use these at Your Own Risk! I will not be held responsible if you destroy your new Lumia with these. With that said, I've flashed my own Lumia 900 8 times and my Lumia 920 3 times with no ill effects.

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSIONS FROM HERE:
Download Nokia_Care_Suite_PST_5.0_2012.51.4.4.zip from mirrorcreator.com Use this to flash or Unbrick your phone.

Download Nokia_DataPackage_Manager_2012.18.0.zip from mirrorcreator.com Use this to download Multiple ROMs. NOT needed, as Care Suite will download individual ROMs.

Running Windows 8?
You must edit the Registry to Enable installing MSI Files as Administrator, then you need to right click on the installer file and select Run as Administrator. You can use the manual method to install the Registry edit, or you can download and run the file to install it.

Manually Add this Registry Edit to enable installing MSI Files as Administrator:
Code:
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Msi.Package\Shell\runas]
"HasLUAShield"=""
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Msi.Package\shell\runas\Command]
@=hex(2):22,00,25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,\
  00,25,00,5c,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,6d,00,\
  73,00,69,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,63,00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,22,00,20,00,2f,\
  00,69,00,20,00,22,00,25,00,31,00,22,00,20,00,25,00,2a,00,00,00

OR, Download This Registry Edit File and double click it to install the Registry Edit.
Install Registry Edit Use this to install

Remove Registry Edit Use this to remove

attachment.php

Update: Now, MORE products supported. There are now 93 supported phones!!!
attachment.php
Sir I install in win7 32bit but data manager pop up currently application is not able to work online pls help. I really need to flash my mobile.

Doqtor Kirby

Feb 12, 2016
Might as well jump straight to the point.
Scored a Lumia 900, but it's only WP 7.5. Can't seem to run updates from Zune either.
Any way to 7.8 or am I S.O.L?

SuperSport

Jun 27, 2007
Northern California
Might as well jump straight to the point.
Scored a Lumia 900, but it's only WP 7.5. Can't seem to run updates from Zune either.
Any way to 7.8 or am I S.O.L?
I don't remember if the 900 supports 7.8 or not. If it does, you should be able to get to it using the Windows Device Recovery tool listed a post above yours. Have you already tried that?

Doqtor Kirby

Feb 12, 2016
I don't remember if the 900 supports 7.8 or not. If it does, you should be able to get to it using the Windows Device Recovery tool listed a post above yours. Have you already tried that?

I have indeed tried it. The device could not be detected no matter in recovery or normal mode. Additionally, the Windows Phone Support Tool (for WP7) fails with an error about some module.

e~ I'm not looking for custom roms, just the official 7.8 update. Additionally, Zune throws 8000FFFF when trying to update from it, which I feel should happen because Microsoft dropped support in 2015.

Last edited:

pankaj981

Dec 24, 2008
Columbus, OH
I have indeed tried it. The device could not be detected no matter in recovery or normal mode. Additionally, the Windows Phone Support Tool (for WP7) fails with an error about some module.

e~ I'm not looking for custom roms, just the official 7.8 update. Additionally, Zune throws 8000FFFF when trying to update from it, which I feel should happen because Microsoft dropped support in 2015.

You may have to download the ROM from another website and perform a flash using Nokia Product Support Tool.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PLEASE NOTE, THESE TOOLS MAY NOT WORK ANYMORE DUE TO SERVER ACCESS BEING LIMITED TO NOKIA SUPPORT PERSONNEL ONLY.

WARNING!!!

THESE FILES CAN DESTROY YOUR PHONE IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! THEY CAN ALSO VOID YOUR WARRANTY!!!

WARNING!!!

UPDATE: Video Tutorial Now Available

Sorry about the Choppy Audio. I need a new Mic.​

Using the Links and Video posted here, you can download, install and run the Nokia Care Suite software. This software allows you to download the Latest STOCK OEM ROMs directly from Nokia Servers. It also allows you to flash these ROMs to your Nokia Phones. Keep in mind, this WILL WIPE YOUR PHONE CLEAN! So, be sure you have a backup of all your data, photos, videos, texts messages, etc... EVERYTHING

PS: Use these at Your Own Risk! I will not be held responsible if you destroy your new Lumia with these. With that said, I've flashed my own Lumia 900 8 times and my Lumia 920 3 times with no ill effects.

DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSIONS FROM HERE:
    Download Nokia_Care_Suite_PST_5.0_2012.51.4.4.zip from mirrorcreator.com Use this to flash or Unbrick your phone.

Download Nokia_DataPackage_Manager_2012.18.0.zip from mirrorcreator.com Use this to download Multiple ROMs. NOT needed, as Care Suite will download individual ROMs.

Running Windows 8?
    You must edit the Registry to Enable installing MSI Files as Administrator, then you need to right click on the installer file and select Run as Administrator. You can use the manual method to install the Registry edit, or you can download and run the file to install it.

Manually Add this Registry Edit to enable installing MSI Files as Administrator:
    Code:
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Msi.Package\Shell\runas]
    "HasLUAShield"=""
    [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Msi.Package\shell\runas\Command]
    @=hex(2):22,00,25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,00,74,\
      00,25,00,5c,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,6d,00,\
      73,00,69,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,63,00,2e,00,65,00,78,00,65,00,22,00,20,00,2f,\
      00,69,00,20,00,22,00,25,00,31,00,22,00,20,00,25,00,2a,00,00,00

OR, Download This Registry Edit File and double click it to install the Registry Edit.
    Install Registry Edit Use this to install

Remove Registry Edit Use this to remove

attachment.php

Update: Now, MORE products supported. There are now 93 supported phones!!!
    attachment.php
    Now we just need some custom roms...if its possible
    What I did to bring my 900 back from the dead.

Dead Flashing:

The flashing failed and only the 3 lights were coming on with the screen staying OFF.

I unplugged the phone and disconnected it.

The lights were still showing, so I pressed and held the volume button down + Power + Camera, until the lights went off. Then I held the power button until the phone started and the lights came back again.

I reconnected the phone to the PC at this time and selected the No Connection in the Nokia Software which is used to Dead Flash. Then I changed the product name to Lumia 900 and started the flash.

After that I waited for everything to finish and the phone was back and running.

One thing to note is that I tried the hard reset/holding the buttons and connecting several times until the dead flash went through. When everything was done, I was still not sure what exactly I did that got the flash to work, but it worked.

I hope this is of help to people who run into this problem.
    Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't too worried since I know all about dead flashing and the phone in question was a spare and not my primary one.
    No problem, and again, I'm glad it's going. By the way, notice any differences in performance?

EDIT: One more thing, if you have a moment, can you post how you performed the dead flash so others in your position may benefit in the future? Thank you.
    Sir I install in win7 32bit but data manager pop up currently application is not able to work online pls help. I really need to flash my mobile.
    As mentioned on the first post, this tool may not work anymore. Please try this one instead. I've had success with this one working.
    Windows Device Recovery Tool