Best earphones for htc one x

Search This thread

abhipati

Jun 10, 2012
Littleton MA
Hi guys I would to like to purchase good ear phones for HTC one x ( my budget is

update: thanks guys for awesome recommendation

I brought these cheap Philips earphones for 10$ and they work great
c6e4c991-4e11-b385.jpg

and these for home use
c6e4c991-4e43-8dbc.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Greygollum

venelar

Jan 27, 2007
Baton Rouge
Audéo perfect fit earphones. Think they were 120ish a year or so ago when I bought them. Absolutely love them.

Check out audeoworld.com

Reactions: abhipati

Berserk87

Jan 11, 2008
This is a headphone question, doesnt really have anything to do with your phone.

'Klipsch image s4' are probably the highest recommended headphones i've seen.
Basically every audiophile forum recommends them as a best bang for your buck option.

http://www.amazon.ca/Klipsch-IMAGE-S4-Isolating-Earphones/dp/B001V9LPT4

I also recommend disabling beats audio while using them.

You should also try to use flac audio formats or at worst 320kbps mp3's.
flac is compressed but lossless audio, like a digital version of a cd.
if you want to play with flac, you are most likely going to need to buy power amp, for $5.

zounduser

Mar 2, 2012
sioux falls SD
This is a headphone question, doesnt really have anything to do with your phone.

Basically every audiophile forum recommends them as a best bang for your buck option.

if you want to play with flac, you are most likely going to need to buy power amp, for $5.

Y would anyone wanna buy headphones that sound better without beats? Thats just dumb man!! Get urself some beats buds. 60.00 bucks on ebay. I love mine!

Sent from my HTC One X using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
Y would anyone wanna buy headphones that sound better without beats? Thats just dumb man!! Get urself some beats buds. 60.00 bucks on ebay. I love mine!

Uh, because both the Beats eq curve and Beats headphones suck. It's a marketing ploy. Get yourself some Shures, Grados, AKGs, Audio Technicas, or Beyerdynamics and you'll hear what music is supposed to sound like.

d.cortez

Dec 30, 2005
north texas
Google Pixel Fold
Uh, because both the Beats eq curve and Beats headphones suck. It's a marketing ploy. Get yourself some Shures, Grados, AKGs, Audio Technicas, or Beyerdynamics and you'll hear what music is supposed to sound like.
might i add westone 3's? :) definitely on the higher end, but they sound superb with or w/o beats processing. i prefer no beats, period.

1earful

Apr 11, 2012
i have older klipsch in-ears (no controls) which i really like. but right now my headphones of preference for the 1x are the phiaton ps20 bluetooth semi-in ears. they do have player control and a mike for use with phone calls. i like not having to worry about the headphones plugging into the phone and then accidentally ripping them out of the socket because i forgot i was connected and suddenly got up to do something. the phiatons have actually picked up some pretty decent reviews. might be worth taking a look.

_MetalHead_

Jun 30, 2010
Portland
might i add westone 3's? :) definitely on the higher end, but they sound superb with or w/o beats processing. i prefer no beats, period.

I haven't had the pleasure of trying out a pair of westones, but I have heard good things about them. I use Shure E5C (dual driver) and se550 (triple driver) IEMs for my out and about listening, love them both.

Jun 19, 2012
Fort Lauderdale

These Klipsch are what I use and they are amazing, can't recommend them enough.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

t3chn0s1s

Uh, I'm a DJ and I know what good headphones sound like. I'm using a pair of manufacturer refurbished Diddy Beats that I bought thru Monster for $79.99 and they sound effing Amazing. All the other brands Metal mentioned are hella good too. Just my 2 cents, I figured with Beats Audio software why not try out the headphones of the same brand. Again just my humble opinion. To each his own.

sent from my Acer A500

abhipati

Jun 10, 2012
Littleton MA
Thanks guys for all your suggestions. Definitely narrowed my choices.:thumbup:

Anyone tired Bose mobile earphones which are around 100 bucks

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

darktranquility18

Oct 8, 2010
Bangalore, India
Thanks guys for all your suggestions. Definitely narrowed my choices.:thumbup:

Anyone tired Bose mobile earphones which are around 100 bucks

Dont go mainstream brands like Bose, Beats, etc. You're just wasting your money to be honest. Ima recommend the V-Moda Crossfade LPs as they are closed-back(Great isolation), sexy as hell(seriously check em out), competitively priced($110-150) and most importantly, sound incredible.
Here's a link:
http://www.amazon.com/Crossfade-Ove...Headphone-Phantom/dp/B003BYRGLI/ref=pd_cp_e_0
The mic is detachable as well so thats always a plus. It comes with two cables. One with volumes controls and another with a mic. Def check it out if you get a chance.

AND remember to use Poweramp with SRS enhancements when you listen to music. The 'Beats' audio is just a gimmick and marketing ploy. Doesnt bring anything but muddy bass to the table.

My $0.02. Hopefully this is informative.

:D

abhipati

Jun 10, 2012
Littleton MA
Dont go mainstream brands like Bose, Beats, etc. You're just wasting your money to be honest. Ima recommend the V-Moda Crossfade LPs as they are closed-back(Great isolation), sexy as hell(seriously check em out), competitively priced($110-150) and most importantly, sound incredible.
Here's a link:
http://www.amazon.com/Crossfade-Ove...Headphone-Phantom/dp/B003BYRGLI/ref=pd_cp_e_0
The mic is detachable as well so thats always a plus. It comes with two cables. One with volumes controls and another with a mic. Def check it out if you get a chance.

AND remember to use Poweramp with SRS enhancements when you listen to music. The 'Beats' audio is just a gimmick and marketing ploy. Doesnt bring anything but muddy bass to the table.

My $0.02. Hopefully this is informative.

:D

Thank you a lot. I would definitely check them out. Poweramp - app right ? ( sorry new to android )

Update.: those are really good and nice reviews but I cannot use them while driving cycling . Something portable( ear phones)

Last edited:

darktranquility18

Oct 8, 2010
Bangalore, India
Thank you a lot. I would definitely check them out. Poweramp - app right ? ( sorry new to android )

Update.: those are really good and nice reviews but I cannot use them while driving cycling . Something portable( ear phones)

Oh sorry I didnt see that if you mentioned it before. Um only two decent options.
Theres the Klipsch S4i. Its really really good for the price.
http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-S4i-P...ef=sr_1_9?s=aht&ie=UTF8&qid=1340547717&sr=1-9

Theres also the Bose you mentioned. They sound pretty good. Not overwhelming. Especially for that price.
http://www.amazon.com/Bose-326223-0...=1340547656&sr=1-1&keywords=earphone+with+mic

Id recommend going with the klipsch for now though.

dylando808

Apr 3, 2012
Hawaii, USA
Anyone know of any good earbuds under $50? the last time i spent money on headphones over $100 i ended up regretting it lol.

i'm no audiophile so i'm not loyal to any brands or anything. just as long as they sound decent.

raytraceme

Dec 23, 2011
New Hyde Park, NY
NEVER get BEATS or BOSE. Both companies are like apple. Good marketing bad product. Also with the one x you have the option to use srs sound with poweramp. Use that. It's way better than beats enhancement and the sound is far better and sweeter.

I recommend the vmoda vibrato $130 (cheaper on ebay) They are built like tanks and are loved by the audiophile bass heads. They don't vibrate, but they have some of the best bass you can find in an earphone.
http://www.amazon.com/Vibrato-Noise...&qid=1340573332&sr=8-1&keywords=vmoda+vibrato

the klipsch s4i $70 (cheaper on ebay)

or the monster miles davis trumpets $270, if you have the money.

For under $50 you are best off with the klipsch s4.

Last edited:

Berserk87

Jan 11, 2008
bose headphones are completely overpriced garbage, the same as all there other products.
bose products tend to lack range and be VERY expensive, DO NOT EVER BUY BOSE.

Beats headphones tend to be overpriced garbage.
If you can get some monster turbine pro's for a really good price, then go for it.
I got monster turbine pro's for $130.

darktranquility18

Oct 8, 2010
Bangalore, India
NEVER get BEATS or BOSE. Both companies are like apple. Good marketing bad product. Also with the one x you have the option to use srs sound with poweramp. Use that. It's way better than beats enhancement and the sound is far better and sweeter.

I recommend the vmoda vibrato $130 (cheaper on ebay) They are built like tanks and are loved by the audiophile bass heads. They don't vibrate, but they have some of the best bass you can find in an earphone.
http://www.amazon.com/Vibrato-Noise...&qid=1340573332&sr=8-1&keywords=vmoda+vibrato

the klipsch s4i $70 (cheaper on ebay)

or the monster miles davis trumpets $270, if you have the money.

For under $50 you are best off with the klipsch s4.

:D I think the Klipsch S4i are going for $56 on amazon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Uh, I'm a DJ and I know what good headphones sound like. I'm using a pair of manufacturer refurbished Diddy Beats that I bought thru Monster for $79.99 and they sound effing Amazing. All the other brands Metal mentioned are hella good too. Just my 2 cents, I figured with Beats Audio software why not try out the headphones of the same brand. Again just my humble opinion. To each his own.

sent from my Acer A500

Here's something off the beaten path for those feeling a little more experimental:

• Using a Bluetooth apt-X headphones/transceiver: bypass the headphone amp (if it's particularly noisy [ref. GSMArena review by supercurio**] and go straight to wireless transmission. The Bluetooth apt-X (as available on the HOX) is touted as having a near CD-quality transmit rate, but not all headphones support it. If you don't want to lock yourself in to a single set of headphones (although Sennheiser's MM series have won accolades from head-fi's editor), you can use a bluetooth headset (such as the Samsung HS3000) which allows you to plug in your own set of headphones.
      • Pros: - bypass headphone jack circuitry.
        - wireless in most scenarios
      • Cons: - more of a battery drain
        - not lossless
    • Switch up your music player app : besides Poweramp, there's Player Pro and JetAudio, which claim to have either purer playback or great EQ enhancements (potentially, BBE effects on JetAudio)
      • Pros: - cheap, if not free, way to improve playback
      • Cons: - may not make much of a difference and can be headphones-specific.

**Edit: Just found out that HOXL, AT&T HOX and HTC One S, all with Qualcomm's S4, uses Qualcomm's own audio chip set WCD9310, which has much better audio performance [1, 2]. So for these phones, you don't have to worry about noise or poor dynamic range.

These Klipsch are what I use and they are amazing, can't recommend them enough.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA