[ROM][6/7/14] - CleanROM 8.2 -★| Clean! | Smooth! | Stable! | No Gimmicks! |★-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

s197

Jun 28, 2010
Basically, you're saying one would have to Odin their base to VRALG1 prior to flashing this? I couldn't flash this over my current state without issues?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

You're confusing baseband (modem and radio are also used interchangeably here) with the ROM itself. The ROM is based on the latest OTA. If you want the matching baseband from the OTA, you need to flash it using Odin. But that's up to you, this ROM will run on either baseband.

Reactions: Srambo217

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
Does this have the dumbed down version of Google search??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Uhhhh.... I think I replaced it but not sure. How do I tell?

I thought I recognized that red text in the ROM listing lol. Glad to see you over here on the S# side. I can still remember flashing your stuff on my Rezound! Good times....:good:
Rezound, most phone ever! lol

Thank you Scott, looking forward to seeing your roms on the SIII... Please don't stop, I know you'll have a few roms in the coming weeks. You had great roms with the rezound.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using xda app-developers app
Thanks!
This is great! By any chance, can you make it possible to use volume key for skipping music track when the screen is off? Also, disable that annoying "increasing" ringtone and the carrier text on notification panel please :fingers-crossed:
Maybe volume keys to skip tracks. Thats a reasonable request.
LOL those changes my defeat the purpose of this rom, being based on stock without bloat!!!!!
Nah, The ringtone thing though, I love having a feature like that. Sense has that too and its needed for me.
I hadnt rooted my GS3 till I saw this. I ran Clean ROMs on my Rezound and was very happy with thier consistant performance.

That being said. Does anyone have a step by step on the TWRP install for this phone? I ran a search but all I found were a few download links, no instructions as to how to flash it. Thanks.
I think you got answered on twrp so I wont go into that. If not let me know.
I'll have to try your rom on the N7 ;) great work man!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
The N7 is the BOMB!

Being one who works in an office I like the "annoying increasing ringtone" gives me time to mute the call without freaking out clients. Please leave in the future, or have a toggle to pick. I'll smile if that's a choice.

Now this is probably the most requested feature to get rid of on everybody's list. I hope you can make a miracle happen!!!

I've been running Clean for a few days now and it's working perfect. Battery life is the great. S-Voice, Google Search all work as they are supposed to, and I see no lag as mentioned. Quadrant 4960 after first boot. And I know this sounds funny but Clean's (Scott's) wallpaper is so cool, and I have a pick from hundreds of thousands of backgrounds and I like Clean's the best. Go figure. By the way I'm coming from Synergy and that was great also but this Rom does just what I want my device to do. :good::good::good:
Good, glad you like it!

Just finished the install. Thank you to those that recommended the "EZ Recovery" app to intall TWRP, worked perfectly.

The rest of the installation went smoothly, absolutly no problems. Everything is running smoothly so far. Off to install all the stuff again, Ill report back tomorrow.

Thank you again Scott for developing the ROM and hosting the download server, the DL was super fast. Donation coming your way next pay day.
Thanks man! And your welcome!

did you kill the annoying wifi notification by default ?
Thats next! Not sure know where to begin on that one so I am open to suggestions! It just officially got on my nerves last night!

You're confusing baseband (modem and radio are also used interchangeably here) with the ROM itself. The ROM is based on the latest OTA. If you want the matching baseband from the OTA, you need to flash it using Odin. But that's up to you, this ROM will run on either baseband.

Correct!

Thanks for all the feedback!

-Scott

adclem

Jan 27, 2009
By dumb downed I mean you can't search your phone for things like you could with the old version or with the iPhone. Contacts, apps, etc...

je2345

Mar 2, 2009
Holland
Anyway S-Beam can be integrated into Nexus 7 so we can beam multimedia files from S3 to Nexus 7??? This would be completely amazing!!!!!!

Srambo217

Jan 5, 2012
CA

I see now. Will probably flash this once I see more feedback. Thanks!

Scott

Retired Recognized Developer
In case anyone was wondering about battery....

1%20Day%2016%20Hours.png
1%20Day%2016%20Hours%20-%202.png

Reactions: Raylon00

GrainOsand

Jan 5, 2011
I am very familiar with TW I'm not looking to team up on a theme, but if you have any questions feel free to ask. Thanks for the ROM...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

DROID3R

Oct 8, 2011
Just a quick question to those that have installed...

Is there anything you would like added back into the ROM? As options of course.

Kies, Hub, etc? Any thoughts there?

That's a question no dev should ask... because after all the answers you end up with a bloated ROM again.

VERIZON GALAXY S 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][6/7/14] - CleanROM 8.2 -★| Clean! | Smooth! | Stable! | No Gimmicks! |★-

CR8-CE.png

about.png

• CleanROM is targeted to the towards the user that wants a stock ROM experience, demand performance and expect stability!
    • CleanROM is based on the latest Verizon released Jellybean 4.3 Base and is De-Odex!
    • CleanROM can only be flashed on an unlocked device and should be flashable on SafeStrap
    • CleanROM is one of the best supported ROMS in the "industry!"
    • CleanROM is designed with a purpose in mind; Be Fast, Be Smooth, Be Stable, Be CLEAN!

features.png

• Formerly known as Ultra Lite Edition
    • Extreme Debloated - Most all Samsung and Verizon Apps Gone (See Post 2)!
    • Added Extra Toggles
    • Advanced Reboot Menu
    • Recompiled Stock Kernel for unlocked devices
    • Free Tether for all!
    • Black Status Bar
    • Extra Ringtones From Nexus 5
    • De-Odexed with Performance and Battery Optimizations!
    • Extended Reboot Menu!
    • Full init.d support!
    • TRIM on reboot
    • The Speed and Stability you have come to expect!

changes.png

Version 8.2 Core Edition - 6/7/2014
    • MD5: 840D621AE28D72E73074422871203421
    • Added: TRIM invoke script. ROM will invoke TRIM during install and each device reboot.
    • Added: Optimized File system mount routines
    • Added: Missing S-Voice
    • Updated: Multiple Apps and Busbox binary
    • All new post start HERE!

installation.png

• Must have custom recovery installed. I recommend the latest version of twrp or safe strap
    • Copy ROM to storage
    • Reboot to Recovery
    • Recommend wiping data / Factory Reset in Recovery!
    • Flash ROM
    • Reboot to System
    • Profit!

HERE!
    MOD EDIT: Download link removed with OP's permission.

Please hit Thanks and Rate the thread 5 Stars :)

Unlike some developers I dont ask for anyone to purchase anything on the Play Store to complete the ROM so your donations are greatly appreciated!
    usefull.png

1. Please note, if you flash anything not put out by me you waive your right to support. This includes any mods, themes and or kernels. Every bug report on this ROM has been related to someone elses theme or morph program. If you have any issues with the ROM at all please wipe all data and re-install after checking MD5 and try to reproduce. If you can reproduce it on a clean flash then let me know.
    2. If you flashing with Philz Recovery and are getting an error 7 see this note HERE about that specific recovery.
    3. If you dont see all the toggles right away go to the toggles menu and press the reset button
    4. Big thanks to Prdog1 and his peeps for letting me kang the toggles!
    I am very proud to announce the immediately availability of CleanROM Seven!

CR-7-SGS3.png

about.png

• CleanROM is targeted to the towards the user that wants a stock ROM experience with the ability to choose the features and functions they want, demand performance and expect stability!
    • CleanROM is based on the latest Verizon released VRBMF1 Jellybean 4.1.2 Base and is De-Odex!
    • CleanROM can only be flashed on an unlocked device!
    • CleanROM is one of the best supported ROMS in the "industry!"
    • All Apps up to date as 7/7/2013

features.png

• Complete Aroma Installer! Build your own ROM the way YOU want it!
      • Boot Animation Type: Custom or Samsung Stock
      • Status Bar Style: Lidroid Toggles or Stock Toggles
      • Choose Launchers: Touchwiz Launcher, Touchwiz Launcher 5x4 Layout, Touchwiz Launcher 5x6 Layout, Apex Launcher, Nova Launcher
      • Choose File Managers: ES File Manager, Stock My Files, None
      • Choose Google Apps: Play Store, GMail, Google Now / Search, Maps and Streets, Talk, Voice, Play Music, Google News and Weather
      • Choose Samsung Apps: All Share, Kies, Media Hub, Mobile Print, S Memo, S Suggest, S Voice, Cloud, Pop Up Browser, Photo Editor, Paper Artist
      • Choose Misc Apps:Multi Window Manager, Ad-Away, Polaris Office Viewer, VPN Client, DropBox, Android Terminal Emulator, Adobe Flash
    • Standard Features
    • Android 4.3 Boot Animation and Sounds
    • De-Odexed with Performance and Battery Optimizations!
    • Extended Reboot Menu!
    • No Ongoing WiFi Notification in Statusbar
    • Full init.d support!
    • Zip Align on boot!
    • Full Boot Animation Support!
    • Additional Fonts!

changes.png

Version 7.0 - 7/7/2013
    • Rebuilt: Complete Rebuild on the Verizon VRBMF1 Multi-Window Base!
    • Added: Ability to choose boot animation type (Samsung or Custom)
    • Added: Google Keyboard
    • Added: Multi Window Manager
    • Added: Android 4.3 Boot Animation and Sounds
    • Updated: All Apps that required it
    • Removed: Google Calendar and Ears (You can get them in the play store)

Donations are gladly accepted but never expected!

I present to you the best ROM I have produced to date for the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3.

This ROM represents hundreds of man hours of development AND support !

I truly hope you find this ROM as enjoyable during its usage as I did building it!

As always...

Enjoy and hit Thanks if you like it and hit Donate if you Love it! ;c)

-Scott
    CleanROM 5 is here! Happy Thanksgiving!

CR5.0-SGS3.png

changes.png

Version 5.0 - 11/22/2012
    • Updated: Complete rebuild on VRALK1 Leak!
    • Updated: All appropriate apps!
    • No other changes!
    • Thread continues HERE! You can skip there with out reading the first 8,000,000 posts to get to the new posts.

Donations are gladly accepted! :)

Please dont flash and drive!

If you like this ROM hit Thanks! If you love it hit Donate :highfive:

-Scott
    CleanROM 5.6 is out!
    CR5.0-SGS3.png

changes.png

Version 5.6 - 1/13/2013
    • Changed: Tweaks to (possibly) allow better battery and less issues with media / heat !
    • Removed: gsiff_daemon in hopes of improving battery!
    • Added: 5x4 TouchWiz layout as option during install!
    • Added: Samsung Photo Editor as option during install!
    • Updated: Resizable PopUp Browser as option during install!
    • Updated: Apex Launcher, Play Store, DropBox, ES File Explorer, Maps, Google Now, Kies, Nova Launcher, Terminal Emulator, Google Core Services!

Donations are gladly accepted but never expected!

This is a monthly maintenance release. I plan on doing monthly releases until something new comes down the pipe.

If you flash this ROM and then any MOD OR KERNEL not included in the ROM and have problems you will need to wipe clean and start over before posting a bug.

As always...

Dont flash and drive! ;)

Hope you enjoy!

-Scott