What is the best 2G SD form my Jamin?

Search This thread

vitalis

Mar 27, 2007
Kyiv
www.domivka.net
4gb microSD or SD

Now I use Transcend 1Gb MMCmobile and I decide to buy card with more space.
Which one 4Gb card are complitable with Qtek S200 - microSD or SD?
I want microSD because of microSD is complitable with lastest Nokia and Benq-Siemens mobile phones so it's more universal.

So, which 4Gb microSD with adapter is fully complitable with Qtek S200? Anybody test it? Or better to buy standard (full phisical size) SD?

Kelvino9

Sep 16, 2006
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
OnePlus 8T
SD is the right choice for the Prophet, but if you intend to change your phone/PPC soon you are better off with a microSD.
I myself had a 4GB SD for my Prophet but I swapped it for a Herald/P4350. Nice device but it uses microSD. That sucks:eek:
microSD so far is only available as 2GB max. If you need 4GB of space take a SD-Card if you can live with 2GB than definitly go for microSD.
It usually comes with an adapter to be used as a SD-Card.

btw 4GB is the maximum size for the Prophet.

centralman

Jul 16, 2006
I am always wondering about this because I use a Dopod 818 pro, and the manufacturer's website says it supports up to 1GB SD Card. So it can support a 4GB on that model? Can any verify this for me, thanks!

Kelvino9

Sep 16, 2006
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
OnePlus 8T
I am always wondering about this because I use a Dopod 818 pro, and the manufacturer's website says it supports up to 1GB SD Card. So it can support a 4GB on that model? Can any verify this for me, thanks!
Yes, 4GB SD-Card can be used by Prophet devices. I for myself used it for the last ten months without a problem. anything above 4GB I cannot guaranty. I'm not sure about SDHC-Cards if they are working in those devices.

centralman

Jul 16, 2006
Thanks Kelvin for your info. I will try to buy a standard 4GB SD card then. One more question, do you think the speed rating of the SD card has any effect on the performance? Would getting a 150x card be better?

centralman

Jul 16, 2006
Thanks Kelvin for your info. I will try to buy a standard 4GB SD card then. One more question, do you think the speed rating of the SD card has any effect on the performance? Would getting a 150x card be better?

Kelvino9

Sep 16, 2006
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
OnePlus 8T
I checked my old SD card and it was a 133x Speed. I was pleased with it. I'm not sure if the 150x performes better/faster on the Prophet, actually not even sure about the Prophet SD slot read/write performance. But in general it won't hurt ;) going for the 150x if the price doesn't differ much from a 133x. SO GO FOR THE 150x:D

asaf85

Feb 3, 2007
It would be faster, But not on the prophet :cool:
The prophet can't use the speed since it cannot write data on a memory card so fast, Actually, Today the only speed limit is the device itself, The cards are allways getting faster and faster and faster and...........

vitalis

Mar 27, 2007
Kyiv
www.domivka.net
Hello again!

I have choise between two 4Gb cards for my Prophet:

1. Transcend 4Gb Secure Digital card [MLC, 30x] (43$)
or
2. Transcend 4Gb mini Secure Digital card SDHC miniSD (43$)
or
3. Transcend 4Gb Secure Digital card 150x (50$)

Which of them is the best for Prophet (Qtek S200)?
My choise - 2nd or 3rd card (prefer 2nd because more universal) but I would like to read people's opinion. Can i feel real difference between this cards onn Prophet?

Kelvino9

Sep 16, 2006
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
OnePlus 8T
Hello again!

I have choise between two 4Gb cards for my Prophet:

1. Transcend 4Gb Secure Digital card [MLC, 30x] (43$)
or
2. Transcend 4Gb mini Secure Digital card SDHC miniSD (43$)
or
3. Transcend 4Gb Secure Digital card 150x (50$)

Which of them is the best for Prophet (Qtek S200)?
My choise - 2nd or 3rd card (prefer 2nd because more universal) but I would like to read people's opinion. Can i feel real difference between this cards onn Prophet?
Not sure if Prophet can cope with SDHC technology, probably not.