[10/10/2008]Diamond Ultimate Launch Setup [UPDATE9.1 Added softkeyremover needed]

Search This thread

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
is there anyway to change the clock to a softer, straighter more diamond like clock?

and can we use our own icons?

It'll take time but i will update the graphics. i will also make a cab for some of the settings (can't make for all).

it is possible to change fonts... but you'll have to do it yourself.. as i can't use GENERAL icon settings.

if you need help with that you're invited to pm me.

mayur9890

May 12, 2007
NaGpUr
PLEASE don't write in capslock anymore. what you need to do is download the reg file i posted in one of the previous posts and use it to update the icons folder. it'll work then.

its still not working dude,even i reinstalled everything associatde to wheather,iam using the latest diamond wheatherpanell 5.4 with animated icons,these icons do work,but there location is mis-placed a bit,your reg file was for removing the soft button bottom bar,plz help me

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
its still not working dude,even i reinstalled everything associatde to wheather,iam using the latest diamond wheatherpanell 5.4 with animated icons,these icons do work,but there location is mis-placed a bit,your reg file was for removing the soft button bottom bar,plz help me

I apologize for the wrong icon. I will be posting a modified setup soon... more diamond looking... including a cab file for most of the setup.

Please stay tuned.

hey guy....
I need a german langugefile for UL....

i'm not UL's creator. search for UltimateLaunch in google and look in the website, maybe there's a german lang file there.

Can I get instructions for only creating the photo contacts page?

1. Download any2icon (search it google for it)
2. convert your contact pictures to 48/64 .ico files.
3. download Smart Utilities for Ultimate Launch from the UL website.. and install.
4. add an XP Icon in the UL setup, choose MakeCall.exe, in Parameter write the phone number, and choose the icon you created for the contact.

enjoy

Allibama

Mar 22, 2008
1. Download any2icon (search it google for it)
2. convert your contact pictures to 48/64 .ico files.
3. download Smart Utilities for Ultimate Launch from the UL website.. and install.
4. add an XP Icon in the UL setup, choose MakeCall.exe, in Parameter write the phone number, and choose the icon you created for the contact.

enjoy

I must be doing something wrong. I create icons at 48/64. I choose MakeCall.exe and add in the number, but the Items screen shows an error, and if I go to the newly created launch screen, there is nothing there. Is there something special I need to do when creating the icon other than just converting it to 48/64?

Allibama

Mar 22, 2008
Little update...if I create the icon 48/48 it seems to work fine - although the icons are small. So it's something about the icon. <sigh>

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
in UL, there are options for Individual Icon Size. if this setting is for a LARGER icon size than the .ico you're using, it will show it according to the size you set. if it's smaller, it will show an error. so make sure this setting is set to AT MOST your .ico size.

Allibama

Mar 22, 2008
This is giving me absolute fits. If you are creating your icons at 48/64 - what are the settings for your individual icons?

Last edited:

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
64 for released, 64 or 65 for clicked.

remember that if ALL your icons are the same size exactly, you can set the the individual icon size for THE WHOLE TAB.. you don't have to set it up for each icon individually.

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
Alright, i'm popping this up. just consider that this setup shoots for GENERAL font usage meaning the setup will be shown in your device EXACTLY as it shows in mine.
international users (or once i install LENg for hebrew support once more), will probably see only unicode fonts such as Tahoma. i will be uploading a file with a setup for unifont usage in this setup.

no worries.

James Copley

Sep 20, 2008
Hey Nir36, thanks for making this for us all :) I will be running it very soon. I am currently testing out a diamond theme for sbp mobile shell 2.1 to see how I like it. I know I could find the answers to my questions out by myself by installing your app, but maybe you can answer them for me. About the clock, does it change the time just like the Diamond does? ie: The pages flip from top to bottom revealing the new number. I can not find a diamond theme that does this, and that was the whole purpose for this style of clock, HTC uses it as a selling point on their website. I also wanted to know if the weather icons are animated like the diamond? ie: rain being wiped off of the screen, or lightning bolts flashing. Thank you again for your time and effort on this app, it looks amazing.

Side note: I installed the diamond comm manager and I am not happy with it, the wi-fi setting dosen't work. So if I un-install it, will the comm manager link in your set-up bring me to the original WM comm manager?

Peace

nir36

Retired Moderator
Dec 5, 2007
Jerusalem
www.sq-web.com
this skin is very straight forward. the clock run regularly, not like the diamond ones. same font (beside the number 1).
the weather icons are animated and are working perfectly (as you can see in the image in the first page.. with the wipers).
i have a polaris and installing the Diamond Comm manager (from the link i provided) work great for me (also in the screenshot).

once APBilbi releases a version of his flash support which lets you put a flash clock on any today item i will put it there instead of my rlToday skin.

nutathis

Apr 16, 2006
Error Msg

I installed per intructions and have two messages on the home screen that say The plugin is already active.