SGP Ultra Capsule real life pictures

Search This thread

jazzboarder

May 23, 2010
Mannheim
jazzboarder I have this problem too...
only 2 color
Maybe search another shop not Ebay ?

after looking all over the internet and even contacting Korean sites that had the case listed, I came to the conclusion that it was discontinued and apparently nobody had any in stock anymore :(

bought a blue on and it looks really nice. am happy with the purchase. :D

tharan.a

Jun 2, 2011
Toronto
after looking all over the internet and even contacting Korean sites that had the case listed, I came to the conclusion that it was discontinued and apparently nobody had any in stock anymore :(

bought a blue on and it looks really nice. am happy with the purchase. :D

Hey,

Would you mind posting pics of the blue case? Debating whether I should purchase the SGP Blue or go for the Otterbox, I'd really appreciate it!

tharan.a

Jun 2, 2011
Toronto
If you're still looking... go to:
http://english.gmarket.co.kr/

type in "SGP motoroi case"

Good luck figuring out how to pay. I live in Korea and I don't know how. My wife worked it all out.

Oh and they have pics in all colors.

Thanks for the link, after searching for it, I found a seller but it lists all the cases as OUT OF STOCK:(, I think I may have to get an otterbox instead

firzen_net

Jul 20, 2011
Richmond, Canada
I just got this and installed it today on my phone. One problem that I will have to take some time to get used to is the sunken in buttons, because of the plastic. It is a moderate to thick case, so the buttons are a bit tough to reach after the thick plastic surrounded them

I have slight regret of not getting the otterbox, because I've seen in videos that the otterbox has gel plastic that goes on top of buttons so that they will still be easily pressed after the case is on the phone.

The colour itself (blue, since black is gone) is great. The plastic is sturdy and quite hard. I had to force the phone in pretty hard for it to fit. Smooth, non grippy material used for the plastic.

Unlike the otterbox, this SGP feels a sturdier. It surrounds the phone tightly, where as the otterbox grip has a gel part on the top.

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
I just got this and installed it today on my phone. One problem that I will have to take some time to get used to is the sunken in buttons, because of the plastic. It is a moderate to thick case, so the buttons are a bit tough to reach after the thick plastic surrounded them

I have slight regret of not getting the otterbox, because I've seen in videos that the otterbox has gel plastic that goes on top of buttons so that they will still be easily pressed after the case is on the phone.

The colour itself (blue, since black is gone) is great. The plastic is sturdy and quite hard. I had to force the phone in pretty hard for it to fit. Smooth, non grippy material used for the plastic.

Unlike the otterbox, this SGP feels a sturdier. It surrounds the phone tightly, where as the otterbox grip has a gel part on the top.

I have had one of these since I got my phone for almost a year now. It is way more sturdy than the Otterbox one.

I agree that the buttons are sunken a bit too deep, so what I did was just used a file and lowered the plastic a bit and now the buttons are easy to get to and still protected. Can't tell you how many times my kids have dropped my phone and it still works.

One thing I did and this might sound a little strange to do to a product that you just bought, but I drilled some small holes in the back where the battery is and this dispersed the radiant heat from the battery,...It is a slick looking case, but it holds heat in like and cheerleader's unmentionables, if you know what I mean.

tharan.a

Jun 2, 2011
Toronto

Hey, would you mind posting a pic or two of the blue SGP case? Thinking about getting it but wanted to see what it looks like with the phone

firzen_net

Jul 20, 2011
Richmond, Canada
I have had one of these since I got my phone for almost a year now. It is way more sturdy than the Otterbox one.

I agree that the buttons are sunken a bit too deep, so what I did was just used a file and lowered the plastic a bit and now the buttons are easy to get to and still protected. Can't tell you how many times my kids have dropped my phone and it still works.

One thing I did and this might sound a little strange to do to a product that you just bought, but I drilled some small holes in the back where the battery is and this dispersed the radiant heat from the battery,...It is a slick looking case, but it holds heat in like and cheerleader's unmentionables, if you know what I mean.

wow. i wanted to complain about the heat, but i thought it was just me since i care about my battery alot. What I did was I took the metal casing OFF and then just put phone back into the case. So then the battery is just pressed against the plastic? I don't know if thats better or not. I just think theres less layers surrounding the battery thats all.

logically I thought it would be better, but then I also thought about how I used to learn about heat transfer between plastic and metals. Plus, theres already a hole for the Motorola logo (which rite now exposes the logo inside the battery perfectly).

Where'd you drill the holes? near the "android ultra capsule"logo? or near the speakers along the bottom?

Btw, for frequent ROM users its not recommended to use this case (or any hard case). This case is made out of such tough plastic its quite hard to take it off all the time. and put back in.

And we all know the annoying boot loop that Motorola has for no reason at random times XD. I've been heavily experimenting with ROMs lately, so Ive had to pull the battery a lot.

Heres the pictures of my phone . Its the XT701, not XT720. Taken with HTC wildfire S. :p

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/75f45
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/0efd7
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/84c0e
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/7c08d
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/fc1a2

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
I drilled 9 small holes right below the "android ultra capsule" logo. They aren't big, maybe a bit smaller than a lollipop stick, but they do the trick. About having to take it off and on for battery pulls, ya it sucks but the case loosens up after awhile so it isn't too bad. Sometimes I keep it off for heavy flashing, but anytime I go away from my desk or out of the house, I put it on as a just in case type thing.

p.s. A long time ago I saw this thing on Youtube about this kid who soaked his battery cover in accetate to remove the rubber lining and then wrapped his battery in aluminum foil to disipate the heat. It worked well but ,that seems a little extreme. To each their own.

newbkilla

Dec 7, 2010
I myself have both the SGP case and a TPU case from ebay. -http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Black-TPU-rubber-silicone-case-Motorola-XT720-/160604375650?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D2001194409579823721#ht_5511wt_952 I mean, the SGP case was alright... I had it for a few months, but it would scratch my phones outer metal every time I removed it to pull the battery out (right where the phone case rests down by the mic and power button). So that's why I switch to the ebay case ^.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey guys,

there's a new case design from SGP, it looks really interesting. :D have a look here.
    SGP_Valencia_Motoroi_XT720_WH_Demo.jpg

Code:
    http://www.exportprive.com/valencia-swarovski-crystal-leather-case-motoroi-xt720-white-p-13624.html