Originally Posted by james341
But I found out how to remove the sim lock
All this was for unlocking my device
It worked for me..great superb and thanks to elvisypi
This is what I did:
1) Unlocked the boot loader
2) Installed TWRP (2.6.3) for sprint latest as the old ones wont work.
3) Rooted , updated SU.
4) Took a backup of my stock Rom
5) Installed Elegenica Rom V18.0 as it supports sprint too
6) Installed Root explorer
7) granted permission under SU
8) copied the same file to system/app
9) Installed Android terminal emulator instead of sprint unlock helper
10) check the file as it sometime shows copied but do check the size.
11) open android emulator and entered:
>am start com.redbend.vdmc/com.htc.omadm.test.TestMainActivity
on the first attempt it didnt open anything so tried copying the file again to system/app
2nd attempt it opened the API window, went to sim lock option clicked on it and then i shutdown the phone
Inserted the GSM SIM card , restarted the phone, it automatically took GSM/UTMS mode.
again to recheck you can use *#*#4636#*#*
and select WCDMA preferred.
All works fine with GPRS too.