[Q] [Question] CWM Installation and brick ?

Search This thread

_Daga

Jan 4, 2014
Hello there,

First of all, thank you for your answer and sorry for my bad English.

I own a Asus Infinity TF700T since one year now which worked on CyanogenMod until today.
I had installed CyanogenMod 10.1 with TWRP and decided to install version 11.
In order to do so, I put CWM 6.0.4.5 in my /download folder with CyanogenMod 11 and the GApps.
I then installed CWM through TWRP (I cant remember which version though...) using VolDown + Power and selecting RCK and tried to reboot.

But it did not work.
It is stuck on the Asus logo with the "device is unlocked" message in the top-left corner of the screen.
Cant even restart with the same old VolDown + Power. If it had worked once, if then went stuck on the same Asus logo, trying to start the recovery.
For now, my TF700T is so bricked. I cant do anything with it but looking at taht fancy Asus logo.
I dont even know if CWM is installed or not since I could not boot on any recovery.

Thank you for your help.

_Daga.

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Bootloader Sceen?

Hello there,

First of all, thank you for your answer and sorry for my bad English.

I own a Asus Infinity TF700T since one year now which worked on CyanogenMod until today.
I had installed CyanogenMod 10.1 with TWRP and decided to install version 11.
In order to do so, I put CWM 6.0.4.5 in my /download folder with CyanogenMod 11 and the GApps.
I then installed CWM through TWRP (I cant remember which version though...) using VolDown + Power and selecting RCK and tried to reboot.

But it did not work.
It is stuck on the Asus logo with the "device is unlocked" message in the top-left corner of the screen.
Cant even restart with the same old VolDown + Power. If it had worked once, if then went stuck on the same Asus logo, trying to start the recovery.
For now, my TF700T is so bricked. I cant do anything with it but looking at taht fancy Asus logo.
I dont even know if CWM is installed or not since I could not boot on any recovery.

Thank you for your help.

_Daga.

Can you get to the RCK screen ?? Long hold Power + Volume down...... Dont let up on the buttons till you see the white writing in the upper right corner...

_Daga

Jan 4, 2014
Nah, as I said, I cant boot using VolDown + Power and so cant reach the RCK screen.
:/

_Daga

Jan 4, 2014
I did install the APX drivers and my TF700 is fully recognized in Windows.
I am now trying to fastboot through Windows in order to get this mess cleaned but it seems compromise.
Moreover, I did not previously back up my NVFlash...
It seems I'm in it, huh.

_Daga.

_Daga

Jan 4, 2014
Anybody got an idea which can help me to bring bak to life my TF700T ?
:'(

_Daga

lj50036

Feb 14, 2013
FUXDA
Reset Burton

Anybody got an idea which can help me to bring bak to life my TF700T ?
:'(

_Daga

I have herad of some people not being able to get to there bootloader screen... There is a hole about 2 cm below your sd card push the little button in there with, i used one a my daughters ear ring studs, While trying to boot into bootloader screen....

_Daga

Jan 4, 2014
I tried the Reset Button, but it did not work. The TF700T reboots but is still stuck on the same ASUS logo.
Same "bootloader is unlocked" on the top left corner.

Thank you for your help LJ ! :)

_Daga

kansasboy001

Dec 23, 2013
This is the ONLY solution for this problem, worked great for me.

My solution
I have the same on my TF300t and A700 - but it seems i just managed to get my TF300t back

i tried all fastboot (reflashing recovery, boot, system etc) no dice - especially since writing system was done after 3 secs all the time.

Here how i restored my TF300T JB

download your appropriate lates firmware from Asus (WW, US etc.) and extract the zip twice so you have your blob file

install your device drivers if needed (i used Google SDK ones) (and as a Tip Win8 sucks for Fastboot stuff so try to get Win7 Vista XP for this)

Reset your device with a paperclip/needle (about 2 cm down of your sdcard slot) and hold vol-down to enter fastboot

(the folowing i did at least 10 times already but didn't erase misc)

fastboot erase system
fastboot erase recovery
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase boot
fastboot erase misc
fastboot erase cache
fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system c:\adb\TF300t\blob (this is my path - your's may vary depending where you stored your blob) ((also this was the first time i saw the loading bar while flashing)*
fastboot -i 0x0B05 reboot

* it also took a lot longer as it should:
C:\>fastboot -i 0x0B05 flash system c:\adb\TF300t\blob
erasing 'system'...
OKAY [ 1.695s]
sending 'system' (800935 KB)...
OKAY [133.121s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [153.973s]
finished. total time: 288.789s

im now setting my tab up to get back to CM (which initially caused this sh1theap due to autoupdate error, same as my A700 got bricked )

hope i could help you out!

cheers
-Buster
Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

_Daga

Jan 4, 2014
Hey kansasboy, thank you for your help !

I cant enter in Fastboot mode, even when using the Reset button + VolDown.
All I see is my TF700T correctly detected in my Windows 8 "Devices". It is in APX.
Anyway, I'll try your trick and hope it will work.
I'll stay in touch.

_Daga

Last edited:

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
I think you have hard bricked if you can only get to APX mode and you don't have NVflash backups from your device.

Sorry :(

Your only choice is to replace the mother board, either from Asus or yourself.

archonro

Jan 5, 2008
Bucharest
It was one of the first things that I tried. Unfortunately the console seems to hang.
I'll try to leave the console opened after it hangs - hopefully it will reboot at some point.

I also tried to dd the twrp blob into mmcblk0p4 but it has the same effect - it hangs.

archonro

Jan 5, 2008
Bucharest
In case anyone wants an update to what I was saying in the posts above.
I managed to dd the twrp blob into mmcblk0p4. Apparently it takes A LOT to flash it.

_Daga

Jan 4, 2014
Hey,

Sorry for the time not answering.
I only got APX on my TF700T, in any case I could reach ADB.
For now, the tablet is in the after-sale service of my seller, here in France.
Hope they'll be able to help me.
I'll definitely stay in touch.

Top Liked Posts