stuck on boot screen after trying to root my X10.

Search This thread

arch.ahmed90

May 25, 2012
Hi all..
I was trying to root my device (using FlashTool), but after doing the step when you have to hold "Back" button and turn the device on (while FlashTool is still running), it just lost the ability to launch Android properly and instead it gets stuck on boot screen (black background with white "Sony Ericsson") and I'm not able to continue rooting my device afterwards..!

Any idea why? I did the same just yesterday and got the same problem ,so I had to restore system using SEUS tooll, but I still need to root my phone, any comment is welcome and thanks in advance for everybody..

I was following the instruction mentioned on this link:

www DOT xperiax10 DOT net/2011/09/08/root-your-gingerbread-xperia-x10-tutorial/#comment-31826

And my phone is running GingerBread.

Last edited:

sainath1248

Dec 28, 2011
Bangalore
I assume your phone is X10i (if it's X10a let me know)
1.- download stock generic firmware http://minus.com/mAla782XK/1f
2.- download and install flashtool http://androxyde.github.com/Flashtool/
3.- inside flashtool you'll find several folders, unrar your firmware (X10i_3.0.1.G.0.75_1241-1846.ftf ) inside firmware folder, do not connect your phone yet
4.- run flashtool and click on "flash" icon, pick flashmode, then OK
5.- On the left side select your firmware and hit OK (It will say "preparing files for flashing")
6.- A window giving you instruccions will pop up, just press and hold the back button on your phone, connect the USB cable (which is already connected to PC, of course ) and don't let go the button until you read flashtool started to flash
7.- wait 'till it finishes
8.- It will only take a few minutes, the only moment it seems it's stucked is when is flashing "system" , don't worry, it takes a little longer that the other files.
9.- after is done, just unplug, turn it on and wait, don't forget first boot always takes a little longer too!!!!!!
10.- If you want to, use flashtool to root your phone and install xrecovery afterwards, that's it, brand new
Hope it helps and is clear enough, any question just ask, I'm usually here.

Don't forget to hit "thanks" if I was helpful!!

Sent from my Xperia X10[LB, Doom Kernel with Ferav19] using xda premium

arch.ahmed90

May 25, 2012
thank you for replying
i can restore my system using SEUS tool like i did yesterday But i also want to root my X10, so were those steps meant only to restore my system or also to root my device ?
thanks in advance

Last edited:

inadequate

May 15, 2012
I got that same problem when I tried to root my phone. Apparently I had forgotten to enable USB debugging on my phone before beginning the process..you can resolve it by clicking on flash in the flashtool and selecting kernel upgrade..your phone will boot after that. Then close flashtool and restart the process with USB debugging enabled. I did this and it worked for me :)

Reactions: arch.ahmed90

arch.ahmed90

May 25, 2012
thank you very much
i did enable USB debugging and i repeated the process but unfortunately i faced the same problem i stuck on boot screen "black background with white "Sony Ericsson" text" i assumed that its default to stay on this screen for a while but i Waited for several minutes and nothing happened..
any idea why ? and what i have to do in order to root properly ?
thank in advanced. :)

sainath1248

Dec 28, 2011
Bangalore
First upadate ur phone using SEUS..

Or(if the above don't work)
flash it using flashtool( put ur desired firmware in firmware folder and then flash)

Use the latest flashtool(0.7.1. something) just one click to root ur phone using this flashtool.
Click on the second folder from left(padlock) in flashtool.. Ur phone vl b rooted.
For installing xrecovery click on the second from right folder( plus symbol)
Take the desired one and install it..

When a door is closed definitely there will b another door in open..
For all first u should have COURAGE.
Do it...

Reactions: arch.ahmed90

lakshay03

Mar 25, 2012
New Delhi
Hi all..
I was trying to root my device (using FlashTool), but after doing the step when you have to hold "Back" button and turn the device on (while FlashTool is still running), it just lost the ability to launch Android properly and instead it gets stuck on boot screen (black background with white "Sony Ericsson") and I'm not able to continue rooting my device afterwards..!

Any idea why? I did the same just yesterday and got the same problem ,so I had to restore system using SEUS tooll, but I still need to root my phone, any comment is welcome and thanks in advance for everybody..

www DOT xperiax10 DOT net/2011/09/08/root-your-gingerbread-xperia-x10-tutorial/#comment-31826

Relax. Be confident.

Restore your phone with SEUS first.

And then use this method to root your phone :
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1319653

Other methods involve confusing things. While rooting through this method, remember a few things :
(1) make sure u have installed adb drivers for ur device
(2) enable "USB DEBUGGING"
from (Menu\Settings\Applications\Development)
(3) enable "UNKNOWN SOURCES"
from (Menu\Settings\Applications)
(4) make sure flashtool is not running in the background.

It'll root your phone with just one click.
Then you can download xrecovery through flashtool.

vreed

May 28, 2012
hello my name is henky, and i have same problem with arch.ahmed90
but somehow my problem look more complicated
i try to Upgrade Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 to Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich with MIUI 4, based from this site: www dot androidauthority dot com/xperia-x10-ics-miui-4-50791/

but i'm failed to flash the kernel data, maybe because i'm still newbie in this thing :(
after i turn on my phone it get stuck on black screen like arch.ahmed90 i try to waiting for a long time, almost 1 hour. but nothing happen my screen stuck at sony ericsson logo.
But the real problem is that my usb doesn't work now and i cannot connect the X10i to my computer. Is there a way to fix it?, i already read from other post but that doesn't help my problem.

neoxx3m

Dec 8, 2009
Ljubuski
Xiaomi 12X
i try to Upgrade Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 to Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich with MIUI 4, based from this site: www dot androidauthority dot com/xperia-x10-ics-miui-4-50791/

but i'm failed to flash the kernel data, maybe because i'm still newbie in this thing :(
after i turn on my phone it get stuck on black screen like arch.ahmed90 i try to waiting for a long time, almost 1 hour. but nothing happen my screen stuck at sony ericsson logo.
But the real problem is that my usb doesn't work now and i cannot connect the X10i to my computer. Is there a way to fix it?, i already read from other post but that doesn't help my problem.

Is ur phone rooted? Can u open xrecovery now (hit the back button few times when u see sony ericsson letters )? Did u unlock ur bootloader? If u didn't u can install kernel trough xrec.

Sent from my "z10i" :)

nomade1999

Dec 10, 2010
Stuck at boot screen on X10a

1.- download stock generic firmware
2.- download and install flashtool
3.- inside flashtool you'll find several folders, unrar your firmware (X10i_3.0.1.G.0.75_1241-1846.ftf ) inside firmware folder, do not connect your phone yet
5.- On the left side select your firmware and hit OK (It will say "preparing files for flashing")
6.- A window giving you instruccions will pop up, just press and hold the back button on your phone, connect the USB cable (which is already connected to PC, of course ) and don't let go the button until you read flashtool started to flash
8.- It will only take a few minutes, the only moment it seems it's stucked is when is flashing "system" , don't worry, it takes a little longer that the other files.
9.- after is done, just unplug, turn it on and wait, don't forget first boot always takes a little longer too!!!!!!
10.- If you want to, use flashtool to root your phone and install xrecovery afterwards, that's it, brand new

Hi, what do i need if I have a X10a instead of X10i to recover?

My crash after doing a Theme update. Then it was it a boot loop. I tried to recover by re flashing the firmware and now I am stuck with this Sony Ericsson boot..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    1.- download stock generic firmware http://minus.com/mAla782XK/1f
    2.- download and install flashtool http://androxyde.github.com/Flashtool/

Is ur phone rooted? Can u open xrecovery now (hit the back button few times when u see sony ericsson letters )? Did u unlock ur bootloader? If u didn't u can install kernel trough xrec.

Sent from my "z10i" :)
    Hi all..

Relax. Be confident.

Restore your phone with SEUS first.

And then use this method to root your phone :
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1319653

Other methods involve confusing things. While rooting through this method, remember a few things :
    (1) make sure u have installed adb drivers for ur device
    (2) enable "USB DEBUGGING"
    from (Menu\Settings\Applications\Development)
    (3) enable "UNKNOWN SOURCES"
    from (Menu\Settings\Applications)
    (4) make sure flashtool is not running in the background.

It'll root your phone with just one click.
    Then you can download xrecovery through flashtool.
    See first topic in x10 Q/A...
    Flash tool guide or G-Face guide

Xperia X10[LB, DoomV06-FS with FeraV19]