Problem with Wizard -> GPRS and receiving calls

Search This thread

egrib

Apr 2, 2006
yeah i did, installed both the new radio rom and the driver. the device seems to run ok except for the problem decribed above. for example this morning i woke up and the device could not exit sleep mode until i reset it. very strange.

vishny

Oct 2, 2005
egrib said:
yeah i did, installed both the new radio rom and the driver. the device seems to run ok except for the problem decribed above. for example this morning i woke up and the device could not exit sleep mode until i reset it. very strange.

I guess it's not enough, it's just a hack, I'm sorry. I use Russian ROM and have no such troubles.

pdmath

Mar 31, 2006
I am not sure if the issue of the screen power turning off and having to reboot is similar to the occasional problem I have.

My screen will go black once in a while and will not come on. I can hold the Wizard screen at an angle to an external light source so that I can see the screen display enough to go to the settings menu. When I navigated to the backlight settings, I noticed that the power saving setting was slid all the way to the left which made the screen black. I used the stylus to move it up a couple of notches and it started working properly. So you may want to see if that is a possible issue.

I have no idea why it occasionally does this, but mine does and just changing the display power saving settings seems to keep it working for a period of time. But it eventually seems to slip back to the lowest power saving setting on its own once in a while.

Dmon

Jan 31, 2006
Umeå
I seem to be one of few people outside of Russia with the gprs problem (stops working and you have to reset the device or enable/disable flight mode to get it working again). However I installed the new swedish Rom and it solved my problem as well, so it does not seem to be anything special with the russian rom, the english one should work too it seems.

Qtek 9100 + 1 Gb mSd

vishny

Oct 2, 2005
Dmon said:
I seem to be one of few people outside of Russia with the gprs problem (stops working and you have to reset the device or enable/disable flight mode to get it working again). However I installed the new swedish Rom and it solved my problem as well, so it does not seem to be anything special with the russian rom, the english one should work too it seems.

Qtek 9100 + 1 Gb mSd
Unfortunately english rom doesn't work with MTS in Moscow, it was checked and prooved. Qtek released special 2.18 russian rom to fix that trouble, it's specified on www.myqtek.com updates page, I saw this myself.

egrib

Apr 2, 2006
vishny - are you implying that the new MTS radio rom i installed will not successfully work with my english rom?

im still having the problems of device freezing up in sleep mode and not always catching reception until flight mode is turned on/off again. thinking maybe i should completely switch to russian version - will it allow me to type in english in MMS and emails?

vishny

Oct 2, 2005
egrib said:
vishny - are you implying that the new MTS radio rom i installed will not successfully work with my english rom?
Who knows? May be it will, noone guarantees. Nobody knows what and how exactly they fixed. May be there are some another cabs or registry settings to be installed. Also it's possible some installed programs cause such trouble...
egrib said:
thinking maybe i should completely switch to russian version - will it allow me to type in english in MMS and emails?

I do it in both languages. Including writing in this forum :).