[Kitkat] CM11 Android 4.4.4 for the Droid X (2015)

Search This thread

sabrosolatino

Jun 12, 2009
Carrier: AT&T LTE
@Sabroso you always have the best posts.
BTW when I was a kid I played Atari 2600, graphics were terrible.:laugh:
Heee :crying:. me too. I had to travel to Miami to buy one.
,,,,,,,,,,,,,also can happen if you used the MacGyver method .....
LOL, when I was a teenager I had my French "pencils-case" of MacGyver (With silly staffs, just in case I get into a "situation" that I need "MacGyver solutions") :laugh:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Really Miss when our DroidXs in April/May 2014 works smoothly and respond quickly.
Now I have to wait several seconds to start unlock the screen and several seconds so much that I even lost calls, because at the time the F*cking Call screen show up the calls goes to the answer machine. Damn it!!!
I guess it contributes nothing to have in the other hand the Nexus5 and compare all the time.
Anyway you know what it is funny? Since 4.4.4 I have had 2 HARDREBOOTs in the Nexus 5, So no device are free of HardReboots as Windows Machines are not free of BSOD.

fb3b597b17bf2bbd135d9b0ac93f69af27556096.jpg

and yes you need use both hands to touch the CTRL + ALT and SUPR (DEL).

Last edited:

Aaahh

Nov 4, 2013
I'm not ready to scrap it yet.
TOO BAD, stop hogging thoes parts and send them, :p
Heee :crying:. me too. I had to travel to Miami to buy one.

LOL, when I was a teenager I had my French "pencils-case" of MacGyver (With silly staffs, just in case I get into a "situation" that I need "MacGyver solutions") :laugh:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Really Miss when our DroidXs in April/May 2014 works smoothly and respond quickly.
Now I have to wait several seconds to start unlock the screen and several seconds so much that I even lost calls, because at the time the F*cking Call screen show up the calls goes to the answer machine. Damn it!!!
I guess it contributes nothing to have in the other hand the Nexus5 and compare all the time.
Anyway you know what it is funny? Since 4.4.4 I have had 2 HARDREBOOTs, So no device are free of HardReboots as Windows Machines are not free of BSOD.
BSOD-boob-shirt-thumb.jpg

and yes you need use both hands to touch the old windows trick CTRL + ALT and SUPR (DEL).

um, i've found that clean installs that are fresh are fast...

Okay guys, p.a.c or paranoid(asopa)?

sabrosolatino

Jun 12, 2009
Carrier: AT&T LTE
mmmmm I m lost

um, i've found that clean installs that are fresh are fast...
mmmm I've been too dirty since May. :eek:
I guess is time for a shower, I mean for a Clean Install. :fingers-crossed:

---------------------------------------------------------------
¡ ¡ ¡ Do not read the following ! ! !
---------------------------------------------------------------

Is a joke, it happens in a mental health conference.
We were listening for some late studies about new research about Depress disorder
and one speaker make a dinamic to test his theory.
HE ask to the auditory how many people has sex every day? 30% of people said yes
and the speakers says this people are most happy.
Then He ask How may people has sex 1 per week? 40% of people said yes
and he tell us this people can also consider happy but not all days,
Then he ask how many people has sex 1 per month? and 20% of people said yes
and then tell us that this people are mostly unhappy everydays
and Finally he ask how many people has sex 1 per semester? 10% of people almost can listen them said yes
and the he say you see this people are quite unhappy.
But then at the end of the Auditory one single hand rice up and start to JUMP and be very effusive and very loudly
to make him notice.
So the Doctor finally notice him and ask him what do you want? by the way I'm not going to ask how many
people has sex several times a day?
But the single energyc person shout him. YOU ARE WRONG DOCTOR
I only have SEX 1 time a year.
The doctor get the expression WTF "> <"
and Goes down the Auditory and reach the single person,
but Why are you so HAPPY and so FULL of ENERGY, you are killing my Theory.
and the MAN respond "EASY DOCTOR, because today is my day" PLOP :D

Last edited:

Aaahh

Nov 4, 2013
MultiBooting!!!

Horray, surprise! Droid x almost now has multibooting! There is just part of a line of code i have no idea how to port / implement...
Code:
/kexec -l /kernel --devtree=/devtree --ramdisk=/ramdisk.img --command-line='androidboot.safestrap.romslot=$SLOT_LOC'
--command-line='androidboot.safestrap.romslot=$SLOT_LOC
how am i to implyment that in bootstrap? so far it boots safestraps scripts than instead of using kexec it uses hboot(bootstrap methood). it then runs this
Code:
0 file ./hboot.bin
1 file ./zImage
2 file ./ramdisk
3 file ./devtree
4 file ./cmdline
any ideas guys, I'm stumpted... and if you don't know what i just said,

could you research what "androidboot.safestrap.romslot" is? I have a little more to port but this is really all I need to finish, the other code won't even be ran...

Bobcus Leper

Feb 6, 2014
Moto X4
Moto G Stylus
Horray, surprise! Droid x almost now has multibooting! There is just part of a line of code i have no idea how to port / implement...
Code:
/kexec -l /kernel --devtree=/devtree --ramdisk=/ramdisk.img --command-line='androidboot.safestrap.romslot=$SLOT_LOC'
how am i to implyment that in bootstrap? so far it boots safestraps scripts than instead of using kexec it uses hboot(bootstrap methood). it then runs this
Code:
0 file ./hboot.bin
1 file ./zImage
2 file ./ramdisk
3 file ./devtree
4 file ./cmdline

could you research what "androidboot.safestrap.romslot" is? I have a little more to port but this is really all I need to finish, the other code won't even be ran...

Will this link help? http://pastebin.com/6GubiDkD

Sent from my XT912 using XDA Free mobile app

Bobcus Leper

Feb 6, 2014
Moto X4
Moto G Stylus
Code:
Code:
0 file ./hboot.bin
1 file ./zImage
2 file ./ramdisk
3 file ./devtree
4 file ./cmdline

A rom slot, is a partition inside of safestrap, on your internal storage, that contains a virtual system, data, and cache partition, for a flashable ROM. Maybe this is the line of code that generates the slot? Maybe after you finish porting it will work.:confused:

Sent from my XT912 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: Oggie7797

Aaahh

Nov 4, 2013
the prevouse post and can someone find a android respository for a phone with safestrap? I want to make sure i have the right repos...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [Video] Installing CM11 on the Motorola Droid X (MB810)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instructions for installing CM11 on Motorola Droid X:
    1. If you're on a custom ROM already (CM, MIUI, LiquidICS, etc.) goto step 6.
    2. Download Droid 2 Recovery Bootstrapper CWM 5.0.2.0,
      Framaroot: newer versions may not work Framaroot-1.4.1.apk (XDA) - AFH - RootJunky - Mega -
      Framaroot.apk
      , twrp_2.7_cm11_dx.zip, latest gapps, and ROM to sdcard from one of the storages: MEGA, Mediafire, GDrive.
    3. On phone: Settings->Applications(Enable Unknown sources)->Development->Enable USB Debugging.
    4. Install Framaroot.apk, launch it and select "Gimli", reboot you're phone.
    5. Install Droid2RecoveryBootstrap_CWM5.0.2.0.apk, launch it, select "Bootstrap Recovery", grant Superuser access and reboot phone.
    6. Reboot phone into CWM Recovery or if you on stock firmware launch Droid X Bootstrapper and press "Reboot Recovery".
    7. In CWM choose wipe data/factory reset (this will completely delete all your data on phone except sdcard), then install zip from sdcard and select twrp_cm11_dx.zip.
    8. Reboot system.
    9. (It's touch) Recovery -> Team Win Recovery.
    10. In TWRP choose Install and select ROM, then slide, then make the same with gapps.
    11. After install press Reboot system.

Additional:

• If you want to format data and cache partitions to ext4, you'll need to flash data_cache_2ext4.zip. To revert the partitions back to ext3, you'll need to wipe data/factory reset in stock recovery.
    In both cases you loose your files on these partitions.
    It at a point turns on and off the display and buttons, its not off, be patient.

Upgrading:
    1. Reboot to recovery.
    2. Select "Backup"
    3. Check all boxes that apply, then swipe.
    4. Once finished, go back to the main menu.
    5. Select "Wipe -> Advanced Wipe".
    6. Check all boxes that apply but "sdcard" then swipe.
    7. Return to main menu again.
    8. Select "Install".
    9. Find and select the latest version of the ROM that is saved on your sdcard, then select "Add More Zips" and find the latest version of Gapps that is on your sdcard, swipe.
    10. Select "Reboot System". Enjoy!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Live support:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Supported languages:

• Arabic - Egypt (makes a difference!!)
    • Chinese - China (maybe simplified)
    • Chinese - Taiwan
    • Czech - Czech
    • Danish - Denmark
    • Dutch - Netherlands
    • English - U.S, British, Indian
    • French - France
    • German - Germany
    • Hebrew - Israel
    • Hungarian - Hungary
    • Italian - Italy
    • Korean - Korea
    • Modern Greek - Greece
    • Polish - Poland
    • Portuguese - Brazil
    • Romanian - Romania
    • Russian - Russia
    • Spanish - Spain
    • Swedish - Sweden
    • Ukrainian - Ukrainian

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bugs:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Preformence Guide:

• About phone --> Click Build number 8 times Necessary for the two below
    • Developer Options --> At the Bottom: Select runtime --> ART (its truely an art)
    • Performance --> Force high-end graphics(optional)
    • Aero Control (play store) -->Menu --> CPU Performance --> Govenor Settings --> smartass
    • Aero Control (play store) --> Menu --> GPU Control --> GPU Control
    • Aero Control (play store) --> Menu --> Memory Tuning --> Low Memory Option
    • Aero Control (play store) --> Menu --> Memory Tuning --> IO Scheduler --> deadline
    • Aero Control (play store) --> Settings --> Reboot check mark...
    • Clear cache from twrp
    Feel free to suggest more, This is what help Preformence tons...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Links:

Updates:

- CM repo sync
    - Quarx's repo sync
    - fixed BT headset audio
    - fixed no digits on clock and ringing alarm screens
    - leave only MPEG4 codec for camcorder(again)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I made a installer app, Why dont you give it a try? (BUGGED ABIT)

XDA:DevDB Information
    MotoDX-CM11, ROM for the Motorola Droid X

Contributors
    Aaahh, m.ksy, sd_shadow, Aaahh
    Source Code: https://github.com/MotoDX-CM11

ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 2.6.x
    ROM Firmware Required: TWRP 2.6.3.0||2.7.0.0
    Based On: CyanogenMod

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 12.26
    Stable Release Date: 2014-12-26
    Current Beta Version: 09.30
    Beta Release Date: 2014-09-30

Created 2014-07-24
    Last Updated 2015-12-13
    cm-11-20140301-UNOFFICIAL-shadow.zip for testing. ROM that I have built before moving repo sources on to safestrap. asset already deleted. And some screenshots :D Also, for me data partition mounted automaticaly and I don't got bootloop (system started for a few seconds after installing in twrp) and FC's on system starting.

New CM11: cm-11-20141226-UNOFFICIAL-shadow.zip
    Finally my studying in univercity completed (with excellent results) :) And now I have more time for develop.
    New KitKat

New ROM - cm-11-20140409-UNOFFICIAL-shadow.zip

MEGA, Mediafire, GDrive
    md5: 00c20ad50e6432ef7c8acb2ed8e58f6c

Changelog:

- CM repo sync
    - fix stuck on reboot
    New KitKat

New ROM - cm-11-20140416-UNOFFICIAL-shadow.zip

MEGA, Mediafire, GDrive
    md5: aa5ba1ced46fdde39a1d637f25f81044

Changelog:

- CM repo sync (new theme engine, etc.)
    - fix in call audio switching (BT also, but only scratch may hear)
    - Defy's files cleanup
    - deleted some GSM stuff
    - cap battery level at 100%