J-A-J-O

Dec 8, 2005

Attachments

• recovery.png
    recovery.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 317

eyeoncomputers

May 19, 2012
Unfortunetly - when trying to push recovery to phone, command line shows me "not found". Checked with root explorer and it shows me that internal card is named /sdcard0/. Tried to change this in command line, but no luck. Can somebody tell me the command to push file from the computer directly?

Regards
try to go to the step that says:
"(Installing CM12 through the bootloader and running CWM6 temporarily)"

You should be able to load CWM6 or CMrecovery with this method through the Bootloader

Reactions: J-A-J-O

wattseb

Oct 30, 2009
Introduction:
The padfone X was released last friday and I wanted TWRP. As you may know; @Dees_Troy is on vacation. So, I hacked together this "repack" version which should have all features in order. One caveat with this version though, when launching recovery after it's installed, the screen must time out (2-minutes) before you can push power and see it.

Warning:
Even though you may simply be using your device and just running apps, you are modifying your device. There is no 100% back to stock. You can find a fastboot flashable stock recovery here, but there is no stock system. While this mod did not trigger a "modified status" on my device, I cannot guarantee the same for you. This is a very new device and unless you're one of the few, brave and anxious, it may be in your best interest to wait until a stock firmware update, back-to-stock flash, or even an official XDA-Developers forum has been created for this device.

you will need:
1.The Unofficial TWRP recovery image
2.SuperSU installed on your device
3.TowelRoot installed on your device. You will need to enable third-party sources.
4.Terminal access (pick the one you're more comfortable with)
4a.ADB
4b.Terminal emulator

installation:
If you chose to use ADB, then use these ADB Instructions. Otherwise skip down to Terminal Emulator Instructions.

ADB Instructions
  1. Ensure you have installed SuperSU and TowelRoot.
  2. Launch the TowelRoot app, follow instructions, and let it reboot your device.
  3. navigate to the folder you downloaded ADB (and dll's if you're on windows) and execute the following command.
    Code:
    adb shell "curl 'https://builds.casual-dev.com/files/Asus/Padfone%20X/TWRP-Nexus5repack-AO1.img'>/sdcard/recovery.img; su -c 'dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery' bs=4096; sync; reboot recovery;"
  4. check your device for any pop-ups and grant root access to shell.
  5. wait 2 minutes after the screen is black, and then press power button. This is due to a difference between Nexus5 and PadfoneX which will be fixed in an official version later.

Terminal Emulator Instructions
  2. Launch the TowelRoot app, follow instructions, and let it reboot your device.
  3. Launch Terminal Emulator and copy-pasta the following into it.
    Code:
    curl 'https://builds.casual-dev.com/files/Asus/Padfone%20X/TWRP-Nexus5repack-AO1.img'>/sdcard/TWRPrecovery.img; su -c 'dd if=/sdcard/TWRPrecovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery' bs=4096; sync; reboot recovery;
  5. wait 2 minutes after the screen is black, and then press power button. This is due to a difference between Nexus5 and PadfoneX which will be fixed in an official version later.

Conclusion
Congratulations, you've got TWRP installed on your device. Now you can back up, restore, and install TWRP Flashable Zips. Please leave a comment and tell others how it worked. This worked great for me, Image below.

attachment.php
Gracias

Zumbuh

Sep 29, 2016
LG V10
OnePlus 7 Pro
link is dead, reupload?

I flashed a PadFone S recovery on my X from here and it seemed to work. It's 2.7 however. Flashed using the official TWRP app.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Introduction:
    The padfone X was released last friday and I wanted TWRP. As you may know; @Dees_Troy is on vacation. So, I hacked together this "repack" version which should have all features in order. One caveat with this version though, when launching recovery after it's installed, the screen must time out (2-minutes) before you can push power and see it.

Warning:
    Even though you may simply be using your device and just running apps, you are modifying your device. There is no 100% back to stock. You can find a fastboot flashable stock recovery here, but there is no stock system. While this mod did not trigger a "modified status" on my device, I cannot guarantee the same for you. This is a very new device and unless you're one of the few, brave and anxious, it may be in your best interest to wait until a stock firmware update, back-to-stock flash, or even an official XDA-Developers forum has been created for this device.

you will need:
    1.The Unofficial TWRP recovery image
    2.SuperSU installed on your device
    3.TowelRoot installed on your device. You will need to enable third-party sources.
    4.Terminal access (pick the one you're more comfortable with)
    4a.ADB
    4b.Terminal emulator

installation:
    If you chose to use ADB, then use these ADB Instructions. Otherwise skip down to Terminal Emulator Instructions.

ADB Instructions
    3. navigate to the folder you downloaded ADB (and dll's if you're on windows) and execute the following command.
      Code:
      adb shell "curl 'https://builds.casual-dev.com/files/Asus/Padfone%20X/TWRP-Nexus5repack-AO1.img'>/sdcard/recovery.img; su -c 'dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery' bs=4096; sync; reboot recovery;"

Terminal Emulator Instructions
    3. Launch Terminal Emulator and copy-pasta the following into it.
      Code:
      curl 'https://builds.casual-dev.com/files/Asus/Padfone%20X/TWRP-Nexus5repack-AO1.img'>/sdcard/TWRPrecovery.img; su -c 'dd if=/sdcard/TWRPrecovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery' bs=4096; sync; reboot recovery;

Conclusion
    Congratulations, you've got TWRP installed on your device. Now you can back up, restore, and install TWRP Flashable Zips. Please leave a comment and tell others how it worked. This worked great for me, Image below.

attachment.php
    What do we need to do , in order to get that going ? this device has great potential !!!
    Here is a fixed link to his files

Any word on when I can get twrp recovery image. Been waiting months to be able to do this and feels like finally it is all posted and can't get one file.
    https://builds.casual-dev.com/index.php?dir=CASPAC/Asus/Padfone X/&sort=size&order=asc
    @Dees_Troy has a helpful suggestion:
    Might be worth mentioning Settings -> Screen and lower the screen timeout to help get the screen up and running sooner
    Whatever you do, don't turn off the screen timeout though ;)

By turning down the screen timeout you only need to wait for two minutes, one time. Turn it down to 30 seconds to reduce the wait time.

Again, this is temporary for this unofficial build. I will update these instructions later when we have a proper solution to perform the needed hardware reset.
    Thanks! I've succesfully flashed TRWP throught the bootloader!
    Quarx has released an official TWRP:
    http://quarx2k.ru/asus_padfone_s/recovery/