Search This thread

KDawg599

Sep 25, 2007
Hey,

I've been looking into flashing this rom on my TP2 since it's been running so slow and just annoying me so bad, especially after I just updated to 2.07.413.1 which made it much worse. This will be the first time I flash a custom rom so I'm a little worried right now but from the wat I've read and seen about this rom it seems like a great upgrade from the stock.

I have a few questions tho, wat is the difference between X10.23135 and X10.21916? And wat about ppl saying that older versions are better? Which should I use?

And if I get the rom without HTC Messaging then wat is the messaging system like? Is it just simpler and less flashy that runs better or wat?

And is it possible to go back to stock rom? Since I've heard that they usually dont like if you send ur phone in to get repaired and you have custom roms on it. I think from the way I understand it I can just flash back to stock rom and then flash back to stock SPL and then it should be fine to send it for repair, or am I wrong?

I have a Swedish TP2 so I was wondering if this supports swedish layout for the physical keyboard, will the keyboard work exactly as before? Since I remember before on my Tyttn I changed to an English rom once and then the keyboard completely changed as well and there was no good way of getting it to work again. I would like to have everything in english but keep my swedish keyboard layout since I'm actually from the US but live in sweden so I need to use some of the swedish letters and such. Or having it in swedish with a swedish keyboard if theres no way to have a different language on the keyboard and the rom.

Lastly does this rom have a task manager?

Sorry for all the noob questions, I've tried to research as much as possible but I just wanna double check (and I've probably been a little lazy :p) and this thread is a little too long to read through the whole thing :p

Last edited:

dotcompt

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
Well, it has been one long, painful miserable week on HD2 and without my Dotcom Deep. Just a note to those of you in the US - think twice about leaving ANYTHING Dot does.

The HD2 has some definite advantages - but without the smoothness and efficiency of the Dot Rom world - it certainly is much less pleasurable.

If I had the $$ I would buy everyone a HD2 just so we could force Dot to cook for it... LOL.

You never know how good you have it until you don't.

This may be a stupid idea or even impossible to come true but I see that there are a few guys like rightjb, M_T_M etc.. that moved to HD2 and now are missing DeepShining Roms.

So why not gather a Test Team and ask Dot to build a Leo Rom "in the dark" but tested by this Test Team.

Not sure is possible, just an idea...

I dont feel confortable making a Rom without testing it the device but I will try.
I have dumped a Leo Rom yesterday and I am working in a test Rom.
For those interested just send me a PM.

Thanks

pray4mercy

Aug 30, 2010
BIG PROBLEM.... i've been tryin to install new rom to my t-mobile touch pro 2. i am unable to 1. hardspl... (somehow usb connections fails no matter how many times i try to follow directions. 2. i see on my phone device memory i have sspl installed... 3. tried to install deep shining rom.. via sd card n usb.. nothing... tired everything for the last 2 weeks... it's 0336 est. time sunday morning been on this project since 8pm sat. nothing is working for me... CAN ANYONE HELP HERE PLEASE... !!!!

KDawg599

Sep 25, 2007
I've found some answers to my previous questions after going ahead and installing the rom, and I gotta say that I'm very glad I did! Thank you so much dotcompt, my TP2 is running better than ever! I went ahead and installed the X10.23135 without htc messenging rom, idk if this is the best version but it works great for me :)

I do still have a few questions though:

I still have not been able to get my physical keyboard working with the actual layout it has. I found a link in this thread (i cant post it cuz it wont let me since im a new member or something :S) that had a quick registry change fix that didnt work at all, when I changed the values I got some strange language that wasn't at all the swedish layout I wanted. Has anyone else had luck getting different keyboard layouts to work?

I noticed there was a task manager installed but I like duttys task manager better so I tried installing it but it just ends up behind the clock so its impossible to actually click on it. Does anyone know a way to fix this?

Thanks again dotcompt, really great work! :D

dotcompt

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 24, 2008
Porto
twitter.com
BIG PROBLEM.... i've been tryin to install new rom to my t-mobile touch pro 2. i am unable to 1. hardspl... (somehow usb connections fails no matter how many times i try to follow directions. 2. i see on my phone device memory i have sspl installed... 3. tried to install deep shining rom.. via sd card n usb.. nothing... tired everything for the last 2 weeks... it's 0336 est. time sunday morning been on this project since 8pm sat. nothing is working for me... CAN ANYONE HELP HERE PLEASE... !!!!

This is a GSM Rom are you sure your device it is not a CDMA phone?

I've found some answers to my previous questions after going ahead and installing the rom, and I gotta say that I'm very glad I did! Thank you so much dotcompt, my TP2 is running better than ever! I went ahead and installed the X10.23135 without htc messenging rom, idk if this is the best version but it works great for me :)

I do still have a few questions though:

I still have not been able to get my physical keyboard working with the actual layout it has. I found a link in this thread (i cant post it cuz it wont let me since im a new member or something :S) that had a quick registry change fix that didnt work at all, when I changed the values I got some strange language that wasn't at all the swedish layout I wanted. Has anyone else had luck getting different keyboard layouts to work?

I noticed there was a task manager installed but I like duttys task manager better so I tried installing it but it just ends up behind the clock so its impossible to actually click on it. Does anyone know a way to fix this?

Thanks again dotcompt, really great work! :D

Which device do you have? AT&T, T-Mobile...?
The Keyboard layout is different from European devices and that is why you have this problem.

XDA links to different keyboards:
AT&T
T-Mobile

If it does not work try this one: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=5467897&postcount=769

I think dutty taskmanager will only work with WinMo 6.5 and not 6.5.3 but I could be wrong.

Welcome to deepshining

Last edited:

nonong

Nov 8, 2007

Install the attached file, reboot then hardspl

Attachments

• enablerapinew.cab
    1.4 KB · Views: 3

interrupt

Dec 11, 2006
I am having horrible lockup and slow issues whenever I load up my text messages... is it because I have too much text messages saved? I just did a clean flash... any ideas?

KDawg599

Sep 25, 2007
@Dotcompt (since it wont let me quote your last msg because it has links in it)

Well I have a Swedish Touch Pro 2 so I don't have AT&T or TMobile, so I don't think those links will work. Someone posted about getting a Norwegian TP2 keyboard working and someone answered by posting a link to a thread which i cant link once again, however I tried this and it didn't work.

Now I just tried editing the eT9.Rhodium.wwe.kmap.txt file using Total Commander and remapping all the buttons to the correct symbols, as mentioned in the wiki link in the thread i mentioned above. It then says to save the file using save as unicode which I did and then copy it into the /Windows folder and overwrite the original file, but this doesnt make any sense since there is no original eT9.Rhodium.wwe.kmap in unicode file its only in .txt so im not overwriting anything. When I then try editing the file and saving it as a .txt file and then copying it into the /Windows and choose replace it says "cannot copy file name, access is denied. Be certain that there is enough free storage memory, that the destination folder is not write protected and that the file is not currently in use". Anyone know what I'm doing wrong or know another way to fix this?

Ahh ok that might be it, the tsk mng that comes with this rom is fine, and I use XDAndroid a lot of the time now anyways :p

ppolce

May 3, 2010
... Well I have a Swedish Touch Pro 2 so I don't have AT&T or TMobile, so I don't think those links will work. Someone posted about getting a Norwegian TP2 keyboard working and someone answered by posting a link to a thread which i cant link once again, however I tried this and it didn't work. ...

Hi KDawg599,
you can try this:
  1. search on your mobile the file "eT9.Rhodium.041D.kmap.txt"
  2. if you found it you have to modify the registry key "07FF" in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\eT9\IME\KeyboardLayoutFiles" with the value "eT9.Rhodium.041D.kmap.txt"
  3. otherwise, you can create a file "eT9.Rhodium.041D.kmap.txt" with the correct buttons mapping and save it in the \windows directory, then you have to change the registry key (see above)
  4. soft reset.

I think this work.

Bye

MikeAffec

Apr 12, 2008
www.mikeaffec.nl
I am having horrible lockup and slow issues whenever I load up my text messages... is it because I have too much text messages saved? I just did a clean flash... any ideas?

All I know is that when I type a text message, it "appears" after typing 15 letters.
Guess the phone likes to think before typing (opening sms program).
I never had a lock up with sms.

For a better answer, please wait for another reply ;)

1milenia

Jan 15, 2009
roms fantastic ...but my mms pics i recieve are still small i tried the mms cab fix ...can you help dot

ritmia

Nov 9, 2004
Milan
Dear all,
I've installed this ROM X10, but I've seen the BT stereo headphone by A2DP don't work ...
I've changed all settings/and so on, and I've installed all cab (A2DP/BT fix/...), but I've got the same error.

Where I worng ???

Thanks a lot,
Ciao

KDawg599

Sep 25, 2007
Hi KDawg599,
you can try this:
  1. search on your mobile the file "eT9.Rhodium.041D.kmap.txt"
  2. if you found it you have to modify the registry key "07FF" in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tegic\eT9\IME\KeyboardLayoutFiles" with the value "eT9.Rhodium.041D.kmap.txt"
  3. otherwise, you can create a file "eT9.Rhodium.041D.kmap.txt" with the correct buttons mapping and save it in the \windows directory, then you have to change the registry key (see above)
  4. soft reset.

I think this work.

Bye

Hi ppolce,

I didnt have a file called eT9.Rhodium.041D.kmap.txt, so I created one with the same text that was in the eT9.Rhodium.wwe.kmap.txt file except I changed all the key mappings to wat they were supposed to do. Then put this in the /Windows folder and change the registry, however now all letter keys will just close any program so its not possible to type anything but numbers and the Fn button doesnt work either so that certainly didn't work.

I don't really understand why since it seems easy enough just to change the file so the keys are mapped correctly but for some reason nothing seems to work.

Anyone else have any ideas?

interrupt

Dec 11, 2006
This is an common issue if you have too many messages stored. Clean some messages or as last resource use a Rom without HTC Messaging Client.

ok I'm trying to delete all the messages... I get to the delete messages screen.. select/check boxed all and I press "Done" and nothing happens... I also press "OK" and nothing happens yet I am able to go back since it did not lock up. Is there another way to clear all those messages?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BTW, almost forgot about the Thanks button that only a few deepshining users are using. Joe Bleau made me thinking and I will probably use my Thanks Meter as a reference to release a new ROM. This said, my next goal is 100 thanks and at this moment 69 thanks are missing.

This will probably be the end of deepshining development. :D:D:D
    Hi guys,

There are almost 2000 downloads since ROMs were released last friday and I am just curious to know if battery life is worst or better with X14.

Could you please provide some feedback.

Thanks
    dot
    X14 released for Sense, Touchstone and CHT ROMs

Hi guys,

A lot of a hard work but it is finally here:

2-Apr-2011: DeepShining X14.28245.Touchstone & Sense & CHT details:

. WinMo 28245.
    . New drivers from RHOD 2.10. (tentative to fix SOD that some users reported).
    . HTC Peep Security update (twitter).
    . Youtube sound fixed and a BIG thanks to WildChild.
    . Tentative to fix the Chinese display support.
    . Fixed some missing features in Total Commander.
    . New Power Management tweaks to extend battery life even further.
    . Improved perfomance.
    . HTC Packages updated.
    . Removed .Sincity Theme (for now) from the Co0kie ROM.

Latest ROMs - DOWNLOAD HERE

Have fun
    dot
    It's quite incredible that you have only a Thanks Meter of 30 @ the present. :confused: Come on guys, click the Thanks button on some of dotcompt's posts. If you don't see the Thanks button next to Quote then check bottom left of this page and switch to the XDA 2010 UI instead of the XDA Classic. This said, some have a high score in part because of tag teams like in the NRG Rhodium thread for example.

I have been testing the DeepShining X14.28245.Sense on my spare Tilt 2 since a couple of days & it's fast & fluid. Thanks dotcompt for your continuous development of ROMs for our Rhodiums! :cool:

This said there are a few things that bugged me so here are some fixes that could be integrated in the nextROMs:

Autolock on screen turning off: that is a major annoyance IMO. I don't need the phone to auto lock all the time when it's lying on my desk. I searched for a switch or app to enable/disable in Start but could not find any. After searching the thread: auto lock returns 12 results, autolock returns 16 and lock returns 220 with a bunch of registry tweak fixes but that's not viable to disable/enable on the fly.

It turns out that it's the LockDevice V1.6 by Daniel Herrero rey that is cooked currently but w/o the GUI link to change the settings. Using Total Commander, I found the LockDeviceGUI.lnk in phone/Windows and copied it to Start but I got an error on running it. The solution was to download the LockDevice_V1.6.CAB from Herrero's thread Et voilà! A new LockDevice link in Start Menu and no more swiping to unlock every few minutes. :) Maybe it should be disabled by default w/ info in the FAQ's about the LockDevice GUI app?

Next, looking in the Start Menu, I saw the bland File Explorer and then in Tools an other File Explorer but with the logo of the awesome Total Commander. :confused: And when adding a quicklink on Home or Programs tabs, one can see the same thing in the popup program list choices.

So, using said Total Commander (a.k.a. Tools/"File Explorer" or "Explorer" on the Action screen): > navigate to Windows > Start Menu > Tools > tap & hold "File Explorer" & rename it to the proper Total Commander. After doing that, while still in TC, move the link to Start\Programs so you can put it next to File Explorer. I use TC 20 times a day so no reason to mislabel it and hide it in Tools IMO. ;) I made a small cab that changes the TC icon to a better one found in the ROM in the same style as the one for the File Explorer. Just copy the cab to memory card & run from there AFTER renaming the link.

The Call History metro style icon on the slider bar really clashes with the rest and it's smack in the middle by default so after some research, it turns out that the files in this ROM for that tab are:

6BECE1ED_manila, 13C88F06_manila, 17148F3B_manila and 461884d8_manila.

I extracted only them from theuser's Slider Tab Icons Pack cab and cabbed them for your convenience. Those blue book/phone/history icon files are in this ROM's Windows directory but their name was shortened by 1 digit so that clashing metro thing could take it's place. :confused:

Finally, the cooked bnm7bnm's Colored HTC Comm Manager tab + 11 Buttons has nice color icons but for some reasons the slider switch are RED when turned off. An eyesore and it attracts the eye on stuff that's turned off. :confused: So I made an other simple cab to fix this. BTW it would be nice to have the same style of colored icons (for consistency & fast visual identification) in the Slider > Settings tab. ;)

Thanks for your feedback mate, your post was very usefull and I will make some changes in a future update taking your review in consideration.
    i reflashed and now it works perfect, no more terminating my data connection when i press the end key
    Now if Dot could get youtube working with High Quality videos and sound, that'd be the last rom i'd flash on my tilt2:D

Thanks to a awesome help from a XDA Member I finally fixed the Youtube sound problem.

Working on X14...It will be a blast.