$$ OFFICIAL TWEAKED ROM by Dwitherell HAS BEEN RELEASED $$

Search This thread

sshafranko

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
Thanks for the TE commands will do. Also sounds like another solid Tweaked build is about surface with a thread full of thank yous and no bugs to report. Love it and cant wait.

Sent from my SM-N900T

sshafranko

Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
Dwith one thing to maybe look at in tweaked: The brightness slider doesn't work correctly when set to auto on stock rom.

Sent from my SM-N900T

sshafranko

Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
Exactly. I looked at Stainless rom thread and they got it working. But stock doesnt for anyone from what ive read and my personal exp. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900T

dwitherell

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2011
I hope to see USB mass storage mode working with this tweak. Fingerscrossed

I may be completely wrong on this (and I apologize if so), but for whatever reason I thought the mechanics behind usb mass storage vs. the standard mtp sort of scenario was driven by the kernel... am I wrong on that? Can it really be resolved on the rom side alone? Like I said I really don't know, I've never even tried to look into it lol. Any examples out there of touchwiz jellybean roms that had such capabilities? I'm curious now...

Warrior1975

Jul 19, 2012
I know way less than you, but I'm pretty sure you are correct. It's about the kernel.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

BACARDILIMON

Jun 12, 2010
MASTIC BEACH NY
I may be completely wrong on this (and I apologize if so), but for whatever reason I thought the mechanics behind usb mass storage vs. the standard mtp sort of scenario was driven by the kernel... am I wrong on that? Can it really be resolved on the rom side alone? Like I said I really don't know, I've never even tried to look into it lol. Any examples out there of touchwiz jellybean roms that had such capabilities? I'm curious now...

You are correct. Seems to be some issues with kernel accepting the changes

NOTE 3

sshafranko

Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
Dwith I tryed populating a list with the first command you gave me as there is no space between the 2 words and im getting a .txt on the extsd but its empty.

Sent from my SM-N900T

sshafranko

Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
You can mount the external as ms but not internal. I read that sammy did something to make it not work with internal. The rom has to support it for it to work in kernel. Just read that.

Sent from my SM-N900T

sshafranko

Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
Noone has any ideas or suggestions they would love to see in Tweaked...

How about the data speed in the noti bar? Was it useful on the N2? Did you guys find yourself using it a lot? I was on vzw and didnt have it in the latest build so not sure myself. I wonder if that would be worth having...

I know what I would love to see in a rom....

A clear button at the top of the dropdown somewhere maybe that when pressed clears all the notifications on the icons as if you opened each one missed call, sms, email, etc...I just thought of it today after my annoying friend texted me 3 times and called me twice within 10 min cause I was late 5 min. Would be nice to not have to go into each app to clear the notis...

Sent from my SM-N900T

Warrior1975

Jul 19, 2012
I don't care for the data speed, in thought it would have been cool, but just too much going on in the status bar already.

sshafranko

Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
I don't care for the data speed, in thought it would have been cool, but just too much going on in the status bar already.

I downloaded an app that shows it in the status but I didnt like that it always ran in the back. Was kinda cool tho. Whats the purpose though? I guess to see if your connection is ok?

Sent from my SM-N900T

Warrior1975

Jul 19, 2012
I suppose, or some people just get obsessed with numbers and speed etc...want to make sure theirs is fast as possible.

sshafranko

Feb 5, 2013
Little Ferry
Any of you guys use the stock browser? Ive been using it recently I always use chrome. Stock one seems slower than chrome. Anyway wanam has a cool feature where it puts an exit button in the browser but it doesnt work for me on stock deodexed rom. Would be cool but not sure if Dwith is using Crome or stock. On chrome if you hit the bacj button you exit the app. With stock it keeps sending you back pages its really annoying. I just figured out that you could exit with the home button but not sure if that leaves internet running in the back or not. I gotta check that.

Sent from my SM-N900T

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Howdy all -

SystemUI is now done (outside of navbar - as I said before, I'm skipping that for now). Man that took a bit.

While there are still one or two little things to do beyond this, the last big hurdle deals with multiwindow things. There have been a number of changes with things here so it will likely take a little to wrap my head around it - but once its done (along with the few little things), I will start up on the packaging side of things.

Just might get this done before the next T-Mobile update lol :)
    Thought this might be a good idea so we have a place to voice suggestions, ideas, experiences on previous builds, etc. in anticipation of the N3 version Tweaked release. It should also keep the other Tweaked threads free of N3 chatter as it should be.

Edit-Anticipation is over. See Dwitherell's post below and the link to download Tweaked Alpha....Happy Flashing!

Dwitherell
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47583797

$$ EDIT:$$ OFFICIAL TWEAKED ROM FOR JB 4.3 HAS BEEN RELEASED AND CAN BE FOUND AT THE LINK BELOW or in TMobile Note 3 Android Development forum. Now go get yourself a taste of Perfection by Dwitherell...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=48896248

$$$ EDIT $$$ May 5, 2014...TWEAKED KK 4.4.2 ALPHA BUILD RELEASED.
    Set your thumb print on the link below, fill out the empty boxes and link to download will be in blue letters on top of the page. Please thank Dwitherell on his posts and donate if you feel the need. Enjoy

Connection details - freenode Web IRC
    http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#tweaked

KRYON Themes for TWEAKED by Wally3614 located at the thread link below.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=52320854
    Not so many posts here of late. Is this the quiet before the storm?

lol - well I dunno about that. I did manage to get some toggle stuff worked out to where I'm happy with it - I'd say that puts things to about 75% now. I'll probably throw a new link once I get the majority of the systemui stuff done :)
    Hey everyone -

So I've had a chance to take a very brief peek at how things have changed under the hood... the changes (as benign or trivial as they might or might not be) are numerous, so it will take some time to get back to where I was on the new base. I'm going to try my hardest to be relentless on this to get back to where I was on the original 4.4.2 base, but it takes time. Once I do (and maybe have made a step or two beyond where I was at) - I'll get a thread together for folks. I really like the IRC thing as it's far easier to work through things in a more real-time communication format, but I get it's not for everyone.

Here's hoping I'll have something soon - I'm gunna set the bar unrealistically high and say the goal is before June... please note that I said "unrealistically"...
    Ok... so there was an official update... this will likely set me back a day or two getting everything in to the new base (hoping that most places I played around in will be minimally changed) but once I do I'll get a "new" alpha together for folks. I didn't quite finish SystemUI but I did manage to get through some of the "trickier" things, with tricky being defined as "relating to areas where things changed between 4.3 and 4.4.2" - there are still a few of those left but might as well rebase now before moving along too much farther.