Search This thread

Jr6278

Apr 26, 2014
Ordered from Amazon for less than 10.00

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

criptix

Jul 16, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4
Some with the beetle case. Poetic is thinner and still works with the tempered glass protector.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1399506947160.jpg
    1399506947160.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,201
  • 1399506962047.jpg
    1399506962047.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 1,031
  • 1399506982229.jpg
    1399506982229.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 977
  • 1399506983594.jpg
    1399506983594.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 922
  • 1399506998324.jpg
    1399506998324.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 989

Tikerz

Nov 5, 2005
Mesa, AZ
Only $2.95 + shipping on Amazon, but it looks like the IR port is covered. I wanted to see how it compares with the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro which is a fantastic case and supports IR.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

elir41

Oct 9, 2010
I just got mine in and it's a lot lighter than the Otterbox Defender. Doesn't seem as bulky either. The touch response is a lot better too. On the Defender, the built in screen protector was a little loose and had some play between it and the screen. On this one, there is no play. The design is really nice. I only used the Defender when I rode my bike and then immediately took it off, with this one, I think I'll use it daily.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jooosty

zagtastic

Sep 26, 2010
San Diego
i ordered this last night and am excited. for under $10 shipped, it could be a steal.

quick question tho for elir41 or anyone else who has it already-- will it work with a tempered glass (MIME feather glass) screen protector?

my hope was to run the glass protector always and swap between this and the seidio surface kickstand case as appropriate.

anyway, ill post when i receive mine, but earlier feedback from those who already have the case is appreciated :)

elir41

Oct 9, 2010
i ordered this last night and am excited. for under $10 shipped, it could be a steal.

quick question tho for elir41 or anyone else who has it already-- will it work with a tempered glass (MIME feather glass) screen protector?

my hope was to run the glass protector always and swap between this and the seidio surface kickstand case as appropriate.

anyway, ill post when i receive mine, but earlier feedback from those who already have the case is appreciated :)

I don't think you'll be able to use the tempered glass screen protector. The phone fits really snug in the first portion of the case and the built in screen protector lays right against the screen.

I don't have a screen protector so I can't give you a guaranteed answer, but from what i see, I don't think you'll be able to. Sorry man.

Reactions: zagtastic

zagtastic

Sep 26, 2010
San Diego
I don't think you'll be able to use the tempered glass screen protector. The phone fits really snug in the first portion of the case and the built in screen protector lays right against the screen.

I don't have a screen protector so I can't give you a guaranteed answer, but from what i see, I don't think you'll be able to. Sorry man.

appreciate it man. after reading your response i did a little additional research and found out about the seidio convert which goes on top of the surface and supposedly offers otterbox-like protection. if this case doesn't work, ill just get that. probably a more elegant (but also more expensive) solution, anyway. regardless ill post in here when i get the poetic case and let peeps know.

Tikerz

Nov 5, 2005
Mesa, AZ

You can probably just pop out the plastic screen protector. I did that with the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro. BTW this case looks a lot like the Unicorn Beetle Pro. I wonder if maybe it's just a rebranded version of it...hmm...

---------- Post added at 04:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

I just got mine in and it's a lot lighter than the Otterbox Defender. Doesn't seem as bulky either. The touch response is a lot better too. On the Defender, the built in screen protector was a little loose and had some play between it and the screen. On this one, there is no play. The design is really nice. I only used the Defender when I rode my bike and then immediately took it off, with this one, I think I'll use it daily.

Got any pictures to show? Thanks.

elir41

Oct 9, 2010
You can probably just pop out the plastic screen protector. I did that with the Supcase Unicorn Beetle Pro. BTW this case looks a lot like the Unicorn Beetle Pro. I wonder if maybe it's just a rebranded version of it...hmm...

---------- Post added at 04:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 AM ----------

Got any pictures to show? Thanks.

I'll post some pictures when I get out of work a little later today.

elir41

Oct 9, 2010
So it looks like they have a clear strip at the top of the case to allow for IR to work. Have you tried it? Does it still work through the case?

The IR blaster doesn't work, unfortunately. The top strip is clear, but it looks like it's purely cosmetic. I think if they followed the strip through the power button cover, it would've worked. Not sure why they didn't.

Reactions: Jooosty and Tikerz

Jooosty

Nov 26, 2011
I am in love with this case.

I went from otter commuter. To love mei aluminum. This is the perfect medium.

It's light and also durable .

Buttons are super responsive and the built in screen protector is actually very nicely done.

Not bad for $16 shipped

Edit : the bottom cover port will get loose and not close after a few days. That's too bad

HTC M8

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's some pics of the case. Please excuse all the lint and dog hair. Not too bad for a $10 (when I purchased) case.

https://copy.com/PHaWGZauAlXf
    So it looks like they have a clear strip at the top of the case to allow for IR to work. Have you tried it? Does it still work through the case?

The IR blaster doesn't work, unfortunately. The top strip is clear, but it looks like it's purely cosmetic. I think if they followed the strip through the power button cover, it would've worked. Not sure why they didn't.