[Q] How To Refresh ROM On A Droid RAZR HD?

Search This thread

Axellion

Aug 18, 2014
Hi, my name is Ashton. I apologize in advance if this topic has been talked about before. I made sure to search the forums for a thread similar to this, but I haven't found anything. I have owned a Droid RAZR HD for about a year now, and I have had it rooted before. However, I began to experience problems when using the root, and therefore un-rooted my device. However, about a month or two ago, I recieved a notification to update my phone. At the moment, the version I have right now is 4.1.2. The update I am trying to receive is the 4.4.2 KitKat update. Ever since I got my root on my phone, I have had problems with updating my device. I can download the update just fine, but when the download finishes and I go to install the update, my phone turns off and begins the update. However, about a quarter of the way installed, the Droid Triage Screen shows. I have already wiped the Cache Partition multiple times, and tried to install the download using WiFi. Within a week of no luck, I downloaded the Android Forums app. I made a thread about this problem, and someone told me that it probably had something to do with the ROM. I believe he said that a root can cause the files in the ROM to be edited or changed, if I recall correctly. I was told that he would look around to see if the files would still be edited once the device is unrooted. With another week of him not replying back, I made another thread asking if the files would remain edited, even after the phone was un-rooted. Most of the people that responded said yes, but they didn't know how to fix the problem. One of the responders, however, told me to come to these forums and ask if there were any apps for my phone, or PC Programs I could use to refresh, or update my ROM. Again, sorry if this was already talked about. I didn't see anything like this when I searched these Forums. Help? :(

shimp208

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 25, 2011
Boston
Hi, my name is Ashton. I apologize in advance if this topic has been talked about before. I made sure to search the forums for a thread similar to this, but I haven't found anything. I have owned a Droid RAZR HD for about a year now, and I have had it rooted before. However, I began to experience problems when using the root, and therefore un-rooted my device. However, about a month or two ago, I recieved a notification to update my phone. At the moment, the version I have right now is 4.1.2. The update I am trying to receive is the 4.4.2 KitKat update. Ever since I got my root on my phone, I have had problems with updating my device. I can download the update just fine, but when the download finishes and I go to install the update, my phone turns off and begins the update. However, about a quarter of the way installed, the Droid Triage Screen shows. I have already wiped the Cache Partition multiple times, and tried to install the download using WiFi. Within a week of no luck, I downloaded the Android Forums app. I made a thread about this problem, and someone told me that it probably had something to do with the ROM. I believe he said that a root can cause the files in the ROM to be edited or changed, if I recall correctly. I was told that he would look around to see if the files would still be edited once the device is unrooted. With another week of him not replying back, I made another thread asking if the files would remain edited, even after the phone was un-rooted. Most of the people that responded said yes, but they didn't know how to fix the problem. One of the responders, however, told me to come to these forums and ask if there were any apps for my phone, or PC Programs I could use to refresh, or update my ROM. Again, sorry if this was already talked about. I didn't see anything like this when I searched these Forums. Help? :(

I would recommend using RSD Lite to flash the stock KitKat 4.4.2 ROM for your device. You can download RSD Lite from here and the stock ROM for your device from here. For a tutorial on how to use RSD Lite I would recommend checking out this video, while the video is meant for the original Droid RAZR procedurally the video applies. Let me know if you have any questions I'll be happy to help you out.