[APP] Non-Market Apps Enabler

Search This thread

bandroidx

Retired Recognized Developer
Feb 15, 2011
Hey all, I am bandroidx, a bravo developer. I ported CWM bootstrap to the bravo and recently released the first bravo rom. In the process I was sick of having to re-enable unknown sources all the time using the current methods and decided to make an app and I recently put it on the android market since it works for all att devices including the atrix. Most of the people who have bought the app so far arent bravo users but atrix users so I figured i'd post it here.

its not free but at $1.69 I made it paid in the hopes of supporting my future android development, I would like to purchase an atrix from ebay (as i did with my bravo) so I can do atrix specific development. Its also much cheaper then buying other apps to do this on your phone if you dont already own them. Either way, I find the app to be a time saver and have heard positive feedback from many atrix users. All you need is temp root to enable the unknown sources, then you dont need to be rooted. you can turn unknown sources on and off via the checkbox. The app also has a return to stock function incase you need it ;)

you can get it from the android market here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bandroidx.nmaenabler&feature=more_from_developer

you can use the market contact developer link or pm here if you have any suggestions. I have heard att might stop this on future devices as it should be, lets hope that holds true. Of course for those of us with an already blocked device, I fear a workaround like this app will be our own choice till we upgrade to a newer device ;)

thanks all

-bandroidx

franciscojavierleon

Jul 16, 2010
Maracaibo
thanks, but we already have batch scripts that does this for free. It's not as quick as downloading an apk, but all you have to do is download the gladenable batch script and run it.

it would be nice to see other stuff from you though. hope you get the phone

chudy

Feb 21, 2006
ditto...if you're serious about getting atrix custom rom going i'd rather send you a virtual beer in the form of paypal...hopefully my sentiment is shared by others

edit: just donated to put my money where my mouth is. it will be nice to have you onboard the atrix efforts. cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: bandroidx

seven2099

Sep 14, 2010
Montreal
Nice app!

I applaud your effort, none the less, as someone already pointed out there are free alternatives that are truly not that much more of a hassle.

Most custom PsuedoROMs already do this by default and this non-market apps only applies to ATT users as all the other Atrix users out there dont have to deal with this at all.

Just a heads up!

Last edited:

banes

Apr 11, 2010
Westminster
www.quarknet.net
still cool though, thanks for the app, i am surprised no one has created something this stupid-easy before, not that current methods aren't already pretty stupidly-easy, i am all for supporting good development but i too prefer to diy when free, thanks for the info though

jam2600

Jan 7, 2010
thank you for the app

I also like when is free, but some times you have to support. Its not because is free or not. Is because what the developers has done and is planning to do for the comunity. It wont hurt nobody donate a few bucks from time to time. Thanks.

bandroidx

Feb 15, 2011
thanks much for all the kind words, feedback, comments and gripes. I appreciate them all :)

Yeah basically I thought I could release this to compliment my free/donate versions of the apps and I know many people will do it the other ways, but I heard feedback that people wanted just an easy apk to do it, and I had the idea so I went for it.

I gave away my other apps for free (my recovery app is coming out for free soon too) but found that ads dont work well with rooted apps (something with rooted users and ad free lol). I will continue to do mostly free apps, thanks for understanding.

The app has actually gotten pretty popular, I am up to like 120 installs (about 70% atrix users ;) and have added support for non-moto phones like the galaxy s (captivate). Today i noticed the app is #62 on the top new paid apps list ;) thanks for all the support guys.

I dont have the funds yet but I am hoping to build up some more to check out some atrix's on ebay. I am not sure what they are going for, but I am expecting close to $500. I may see if I could get one with a cracked screen or some cosmetic damage that would still allow me to use it as a dev phone. As a matter of fact if any of you damage your atrix and it works but dont have insurance (liek a cracked screen) let me know :)

bandroidx

Feb 15, 2011
ditto...if you're serious about getting atrix custom rom going i'd rather send you a virtual beer in the form of paypal...hopefully my sentiment is shared by others

edit: just donated to put my money where my mouth is. it will be nice to have you onboard the atrix efforts. cheers!

Got your donation, good man, thanks :)

ltdanno360

Jun 27, 2011
usa
www.paypal.com
Thanks for the app It was the first thing I installed after root and now, actress
My bro in-law seen all. The.benifits of root and third party apps he wants me to to the same to his atrix too lmao anyway thanks again, ltdanno360

Sent from my MB860

demandarin

Apr 7, 2010
Alexandria, Va
Hey all, I am bandroidx, a bravo developer. I ported CWM bootstrap to the bravo and recently released the first bravo rom. In the process I was sick of having to re-enable unknown sources all the time using the current methods and decided to make an app and I recently put it on the android market since it works for all att devices including the atrix. Most of the people who have bought the app so far arent bravo users but atrix users so I figured i'd post it here.

its not free but at $1.69 I made it paid in the hopes of supporting my future android development, I would like to purchase an atrix from ebay (as i did with my bravo) so I can do atrix specific development. Its also much cheaper then buying other apps to do this on your phone if you dont already own them. Either way, I find the app to be a time saver and have heard positive feedback from many atrix users. All you need is temp root to enable the unknown sources, then you dont need to be rooted. you can turn unknown sources on and off via the checkbox. The app also has a return to stock function incase you need it ;)

you can get it from the android market here: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.bandroidx.nmaenabler&feature=more_from_developer

you can use the market contact developer link or pm here if you have any suggestions. I have heard att might stop this on future devices as it should be, lets hope that holds true. Of course for those of us with an already blocked device, I fear a workaround like this app will be our own choice till we upgrade to a newer device ;)

thanks all

-bandroidx

I posted about your app a couple weeks back. I bought it from the Market. It works great. The fastest way to enable non market apps. Great work. I never realized a Fellow xda member made this. Xda developers always making the cool stuff. I used this app on my motorola Atrix and installed and worked perfectly immediately. Keep up the great work! I really appreciated the ease of this app and how it immediately enabled me to install apps I had waiting on standby.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thanks all

-bandroidx