December Update Confirmed by top Samsung dev

Search This thread

graffix31

Oct 9, 2011
Boston
so King, since the update now a few days are your los issues resolved? i am stil lon eg30 and am thinking of making the jump with my modem. let me know.
thanks

kingsway8605

Apr 26, 2010
so King, since the update now a few days are your los issues resolved? i am stil lon eg30 and am thinking of making the jump with my modem. let me know.
thanks

I have had a consistent connection since installing the update as a whole (ROM, kernel, radio, etc). Viper still experienced an LoS with the new radio and the phone just hid it from him, so who knows...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TL'DR - A sprint executive told me there is an update in the final stages with a December release to fix LoS

Full story:
    I have been having problems since I bought this phone with LoS and had been having bad customer service to the extreme which I won't go into here.

A couple of days ago I did an executive email bomb (not the dan@icouldgive address, but their actual email addresses). Bob Johnson, the customer service top guy at Sprint personally called to apologize to me at 9pm at night. After I explained the issue, he said he would research the issue and get back to me. A top Samsung dev called me today who said he had spoke to Bob and informed me that an update was due in December. He offered to push the update to my phone now but said it was still in testing, so I declined.

He explained the cause of the issue to me. It is isolated to areas with spotty coverage, which is why some don't experience it at all. If you are in 4g and leave 4g coverage, or in 3g coverage and leave 3g coverage, and in the process of sending packets, there is apparently a bug where the phone does not detect this and would just give up after it could no longer talk to the old tower.
    Installed update fine, assuming I am the only one who got it, tell me how to upload for the devs and I will.

It is android 2.3.6

there are some subtle ui enhances (really subtle)

kernel version is 2.6.35.7-sph-d710.ek02-cl704398

baseband is s:D710.10.S.EK02

The build number is GINGERBREAD.EK02

Don't know how this compares to what everyone else has, but from the subtle UI enhancements, I know I installed something lol
    Not sure what you want a screenshot of, looks almost identical with some subtle eye candy here and there
    He definitely has the update, he isn't trolling anyone. He has lost root from the update but we will get him set back up and get all the good stuff pulled from the phone!
    We are working with him to get the update. We will tackle it later tonight when OP is done with class. Fear not :)