[4EXT][BOOT][DOWN][SPLASH] Complete Sets (480x800)

Search This thread
G

GuestK00388

there is no downanimation.zip only the bootanimation.zip :(

I think in that theme the boot animation and down animation are the same as I can't recall a different honeycomb animation when shutting down.

As long as you place your desired animation in those folders you'll have boot and down animations. You might have to just troll the forums for more honeycomb themed animations! :p

G

GuestK00388

Streak & String Theory sets added to first post. :D

43zh99v

Last edited:

Carko

Aug 4, 2011
It looks like these shut down animations don't work on InsertCoin rom, I only see black screen when phone is shuting down. :confused:

G

GuestK00388

It looks like these shut down animations don't work on InsertCoin rom, I only see black screen when phone is shuting down. :confused:

Could you link me to the thread for your InsertCoin ROM? I'm not familiar with it but will gladly take a look! Thanks

Euphorie

Feb 26, 2011
Everywhere i am needed :)
Thanks once again :)
Keep up the great work :D

I am also bringing mike1986 to add your link to second post :)
Will remember him, if he forget xDD

Also you may resize them for sensation (540x960) , could be cool aswell :D

Btw. thanks again for the special edition for me :D
Love it pretty much! xD

Last edited:
G

GuestK00388

Here it is: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1016940

That rom is for original Desire, not HD. Maybe that's way I can't use those shut down animations :rolleyes: :p

I had a look at the folder structure for InsertCoin GB Sense 2.1 CM7 1.1.3 and for some reason both bootanimation.zip and downanimation.zip are in /data/local as opposed to downanimation.zip being in /system/customize/resource so I'm guessing this is the reason for your problem! :p

If you want to try extracting the downanimation.zip from the flashable-down.zip you were trying to use and placing that in /data/local of the matching flashable-boot.zip that might fix your problem! :eek:

Love it pretty much! xD

Thanks Euphorie :D That would be an honour :cool: Haha!

Going from 480x800 to 540x960 directly messes with the proportions! I could do it but that would take a while as I can't just change the sizes on the fly without stretching everything... A bit more doctoring must be utilised! :eek: I'm definitely game for it though!

How do you host all your screenshots and mods etc? My meagre dropbox space is running low so that could be the first issue with regards to Sensation versions! :(

Glad you liked it :) You better not go changing it any time soon though... :p

Carko

Aug 4, 2011
[SIZE=3 said:
GuestK00388[/SIZE];17727198]I had a look at the folder structure for InsertCoin GB Sense 2.1 CM7 1.1.3 and for some reason both bootanimation.zip and downanimation.zip are in /data/local as opposed to downanimation.zip being in /system/customize/resource so I'm guessing this is the reason for your problem! :p

If you want to try extracting the downanimation.zip from the flashable-down.zip you were trying to use and placing that in /data/local of the matching flashable-boot.zip that might fix your problem! :eek:

Yes, I tried that already, but it is not working. You know what is strange, when I return original downanimation.zip that came with the rom, I cannot see that animation neither, only black screen. :confused: I am going to replace original zip with your zip before flashing, I was planing to do full wipe anyway :)

Keep up the good work ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

MrHarryTW

Mar 7, 2011
When I copy shortcut and put it in my URL bar, it keeps coming up with the ROM download. Are they MOD's that can be flashed or ROM's with it already in?

jasopan

May 16, 2011
Just curious, when does the Splash Screen come up?
I flashed the Up, Down and EXT4 for Black Skate but I have no idea how to push stuff through the bootloader :( If it's too hard I might not (don't think the splash is that important I think :s )

Carko

Aug 4, 2011
I flashed the Up, Down and EXT4 for Black Skate but I have no idea how to push stuff through the bootloader :( If it's too hard I might not (don't think the splash is that important I think :s )

Splash Screen is the first thing (image) you see when you turn your phone on, before boot animation.

You can easily replace it using Android Flasher

G

GuestK00388

Yes, I tried that already, but it is not working. You know what is strange, when I return original downanimation.zip that came with the rom, I cannot see that animation neither, only black screen. :confused: I am going to replace original zip with your zip before flashing, I was planing to do full wipe anyway :)

Keep up the good work ;)

Hmmm, that is quite odd! For now I've ran out of possible tricks to try so I'm not sure what to tell you, if I think of anything I'll let you know, let me know if you manage to fix it too! :p

Well i know, that it is bit more work :)
Just offered it as idea.
As i saw Mike already updated second post, so you are in :p

Well we host our Mods etc. on our servers, you should ask Whiskey, he may create FTP Account for you ;)

A good idea at that too!

I've just seen my link added there now (WOO!). :p

Well, that can be arranged :D

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

Thanks very much Whiskey! :cool:

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 AM ----------

When I copy shortcut and put it in my URL bar, it keeps coming up with the ROM download. Are they MOD's that can be flashed or ROM's with it already in?

I'm not sure I entirely follow you. Which shortcut are you copying?

If you copy the URL from any of the animations, 4EXT themes or splash previews it's a link to download a .zip which you can flash in recovery. I hope that makes sense and has answered your question! :p

As Carko has correctly stated the splash screen is just the first image that pops up. Android Flasher is a handy tool offering a more pleasant GUI for the whole flashing process but if you're comfortable using command prompt it's not too difficult to do it manually. Just read up on it a bit first before attempting and you should be fine! :D

Splash Screen is the first thing (image) you see when you turn your phone on, before boot animation.

You can easily replace it using Android Flasher

jasopan

May 16, 2011
One more question, will these themes remain if I revert my phone back to stock and unroot and all that? Needa send it in to repair and not sure if I have to flash the original themes back :(

Whiskey103

Member Advocate Admin / Developer Committee
Staff member
One more question, will these themes remain if I revert my phone back to stock and unroot and all that? Needa send it in to repair and not sure if I have to flash the original themes back :(

Flash a RUU and all is gona ;)
Only iam not sure about the splash screen. Never checked that one tbh.

Axis-

May 31, 2011
I installed "Black skate" and my "splash" is ****ed up :confused: I can't explain how it looks like but it's not working and I dont know how to delete it :(

EDIT: I tried multiple SPLASH images but everyone is "broken".

Last edited:

Hawke84

Jan 14, 2010
Worthing, UK
exactly the same here. i've tried all of them and it gets like a blured version of it, looks like when a graphics card on a pc crashes. cant figure out why.

also for some reason the custom boot screens dont take.

using Android rev 3.60

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Great work :)

One question, is there any difference in structure between boot and down animation?
    Or can boot animation be used as down, just with change of the name?

Love it pretty much! xD
    Hi mate ;)

Regarding 4ext themes:
    You can now set transparency for any colours. And set the colour for the selector bar.

If you grab the apk update you can now use it to setup your colours and transparency options and export that into a 4ext.prop for your theme zips ;)
    I know you could alreadydo that by installing it, changing colours and then pulling it from /system, but that's not so convenient :D
    How did you get the ENG S-OFF??? Can you explain me please??? I have been looking for it but i cannot find the way.
    You can use this: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=855403

Btw, I'm sure you would've found it if you searched better ;)