[Q] Roms and battery life - Unable to start phone
I have recently tried out a few ROMs with my Nexus S to try to get better battery life. I tried CodeName Android and then figured I would try Slim ICS afterwards. I completely wiped everything and installed Slim ICS.
I have observed the following:
- Battery was ~40% when I installed Slim ICS
- I used it until the battery depleted
- Plugged phone into the wall charger
- Started the phone shortly afterwards (~25 minutes) and it says battery is 100% and then the phone randomly shut off
- Phone has been plugged into the wall charger and when I try to start it now sometimes it boots completely and then shuts off. Other times it just shuts off before it finishes booting up. The few times it does fully boot up, it says the battery is 100%
I've read through many postings about calibration but at this point I am not even able to fully turn on the phone even when its plugged into the wall.
Is this expected or is something else going on? I've never seen anything like this when I had the stock ICS. Why would erroneously report 100% but then not even let me fully turn on the phone? Thanks!