[Q] I just rooted my M, is it safe to install Xposed on the stock rom?

Search This thread

notdeadyet01

Jan 15, 2012
So this is not my first rooted device but it is my first time rooting my Razr M since it got upgraded to Kit Kat. It is also my first time installing Xposed so some help would be appreciated.

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013
Yes is safe to install xposed... here is a nice collection of modules ... Be sure to unlock your boot loader before the next ota is pushed as when the next ota comes we may not be lucky enough to find a root method...

Last edited:
Reactions: notdeadyet01

notdeadyet01

Jan 15, 2012
Yes is safe to install xposed... But be sure to unlock your boot loader before the next ota is pushed as when the next ota comes we may not be lucky enough to find a root method...

Is unlocking the bootloader necessary if i don't plan on installing any custom roms? If i needed to return to stock i could just use RSD right?

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013
Is unlocking the bootloader necessary if i don't plan on installing any custom roms? If i needed to return to stock i could just use RSD right?
When the next ota update comes you will lose root and if there isn't a root exploit for that version with an unlocked BL you can always flash SuperSU via recovery and get root back... And yes rsd is an option to return to stock to accept the next ota

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: notdeadyet01

notdeadyet01

Jan 15, 2012
When the next ota update comes you will lose root and if there isn't a root exploit for that version with an unlocked BL you can always flash SuperSU via recovery and get root back... And yes rsd is an option to return to stock to accept the next ota

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Alright. Thanks for the help.

But just to make sure, unlocking the bootloader is not necessary for Xposed right?

stras1234

May 14, 2014
So this is not my first rooted device but it is my first time rooting my Razr M since it got upgraded to Kit Kat. It is also my first time installing Xposed so some help would be appreciated.

good luck and enjoy. it's safe. i rooted and unloacked my razr m after the KK update, and installed xposed for the first time. its great - some of the modules make my life so much easier.

Top Liked Posts