[KERNEL][8th-Dec] YA-OK! Yet-another Optimised Kernel (v1.50 Update)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

redbull320

Jun 27, 2010
Salzgitter
Is it maybe possible to flash with cwm?

Or is there another way to flash only with my sgs?

Without Pc, mac etc!

Greetings

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

pwhooftman

Jun 23, 2008
Found what is force closing during boot

I Found what the force closing is about during boot when i have Voodoo Lagfix applied:

I found user.log in /system stating:

/sbin/post-init.sh: cd: line 214: can't cd to sbin/init.d
Tue Nov 23 07:31:10 CET 2010 USER EARLY INIT START
Tue Nov 23 07:31:10 CET 2010 USER EARLY INIT DONE
Tue Nov 23 07:31:10 CET 2010 USER INIT START
Tue Nov 23 07:31:10 CET 2010 USER INIT DONE
mount: mounting /dev/block/stl9 on /system failed: Device or resource busy

So it seems something is still busy when a mount is tried. I don't know what /dev/block/stl9 is and if its related with the RFS corruption Supercurio discovered.

jogefo

Dec 21, 2007
@tokyogtr

With the YA-OK Kernel and your setup on your signature I got the best phone ever, including long battery life. Big thx to zenkinz and to you of course for putting it all nicely together

redbull320

Jun 27, 2010
Salzgitter
Tapatalk cant search :-/ sry
And
Tapatalk cant screen Signatures :-\

Can you post me your setup?

Thx ;-)

Edit:

Is this the newest:

Here is the zip for CWM, same as front page attachment zenkinz19.oc.speedmod.341ram.optcompiled.video.zip, but update by CWM dagrade from sdcard, without using cable and Odin.

Greetings

jogefo

Dec 21, 2007

I have been trying to discharge the battery, everything running (gps, wifi, bleutooth, youtube, music, etc.) and is still at 50% after 4:30 hours. I even uninstalled superpower, but still having a hard time to drain the batt. With normal use, the battery I recon should give me min 2 days. Thanks again

tokyogtr

Jul 24, 2010
Marlborough
I have been trying to discharge the battery, everything running (gps, wifi, bleutooth, youtube, music, etc.) and is still at 50% after 4:30 hours. I even uninstalled superpower, but still having a hard time to drain the batt. With normal use, the battery I recon should give me min 2 days. Thanks again

turn screen brightness to full and set the timeout to max. then watch a HQ yourtube video over 3g... :)

sunwee

May 8, 2009
yes, all kernel based on ULK is affected. but seems that hardcore has fixed his Supermod kernel.

miragebg

Nov 26, 2009
Is it enough to flash only K9 over my current kernel?
I have user.log and user.log.old , but none of the other mentioned symptoms..?

zenkinz

Apr 21, 2005
www.zenyee.com
version 1.31 (build 31) has just been released!

it patches the bug that potentially corrupt /system file system. please refer to download history in the 2nd post of this thread, for more information.

it's advisable that you update your kernel to this even though there's no new features delivered in this patch release.

jmacourek

Jul 10, 2009
zenkinz: Hi, i have a problem. When i flash latest version of your kernel, my phone didnt boot. Phone stuck at screen with white letters "samsung Galaxy S i9000....." When i flash back to build 30, phone boots ok. Iam using all partitions ext4 lagfix without loop device...Is it neccessary disable lagfix before flashing latest kernel?
Sorry for my poor english

jogefo

Dec 21, 2007
version 1.31 (build 31) has just been released!

it patches the bug that potentially corrupt /system file system. please refer to download history in the 2nd post of this thread, for more information.

it's advisable that you update your kernel to this even though there's no new features delivered in this patch release.

So this means that now with this new kernel we can run on JFS advanced without any issues anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, this is yet another (shameless) attempt to optimise the kernel for our Galaxy-S (i9000) by taking tweaks implemented by various xda developers. The aim at this moment is to 'integrate' all the desirable tweaks, since I'm still grasping the ins and outs of Linux kernel to experiment some of the possible tweaks myself.

Not sure how far I would bring this thread forward, because I will be working on a project (my day job) very soon again, so I'm going to enjoy/do while I can.

Key Implementation

• based on JPM kernel
    • sztupy's Universal Lag Fix (v0.3)
    • hardcore's Free Memory config (341MB)
    • raspdeep's Overclock (v1.1)
    • hardcore's SpeedMod (Tweaks + Compiler Optimisation) with Jhash update
    • supercurio Voodoo Display tweak (Gamma Correction and Improve Sharpness)
    • neldar's Backlight Notification (BLN, v2.2, enabled via ULF in recovery mode)
    • Budget Fair Queuing (BFQ) I/O Scheduler

I also made some minor modification to other codes to experiment the overclock enhancement. It's in this build but may not have any effect.

Please refer to this link for the latest download

See this video of my Galaxy S running on Ya-OK kernel. Video playback, internet browsing, gaming, UI navigation.

attached is the screenshot of quadrant, on a JPM-based ROM with EXT4 on all partition.

attachment.php

CREDITS

in no order of priority.

1. supercurio
    2. sztupy
    3. raspdeep
    4. hardcore
    5. neldar
    6. and rest of folks in xda-developers who have contributed one way or another
    DOWNLOAD HISTORY

v1.50 (build 38) - 8th December
    • Updated Overclock to 1.12GHz
    • Updated Kernel Scheduler parameter (sched_min_granularity_ns & sched_wakeup_granularity_ns) to give more priority to foreground application, therefore improving the fluidity of the UI experience. From brief research, these are the key parameters used to tune kernel between a server (therefore higher values) and a desktop.
    • CWM version available here

v1.45 (build 35) - 5th December
    • Fixed stability issue in v1.40 by reverting to the voltage profile used in v1.2b.

v1.40 (build 34) - 28th November
    • Added BFQ (Budget Fair Queuing) I/O Scheduler and set BFQ as the default I/O Scheduler. The aim is to boost I/O throughput, reduce the latency. Please refer to this site for more information

v1.31 (build 31) - 24th November
    • Bug fix on /system mount to prevent filesystem corruption in /system
    • Does not include fix, please refer to supercurio's thread on how to correct the corrupted filesystem if you are encountering problem with your device.

v1.3 (build 30) - 20th November
    • Refined voltage level for cpu frequency 100/200 MHz. Effectively, reduce 75mV for 100/200, and 25mV for 400/800 (same as 1.2b). Again not user configurable for now, though I may implement it if people are finding the UV feature is causing unstability.
    • Upgraded Backlight Notification (BLN) to v2.2 (Please test and feedback)
    • Minor optimisation on kernel configuration (PREEMPT_VOLUNTARY, UACCESS_WITH_MEMCPY)

v1.2b - 2nd November (2585 downloads)
    • Refined voltage level for cpu frequency 100/200 MHz. Effectively, reduce 50mV for 100/200, and 25mV for 400/800. Again not user configurable for now, and once raspdeep released his UV code I may implement it if people are finding the UV feature is causing unstability.

v1.2a - 31st October (668 downloads)
    • Implemented lower voltage for cpu frequency 100/200/400/800MHz.

Note: Not user configurable

v1.1 - 30th October (1168 downloads)
    • Implemented Voodoo Display Sharpness & Color Gamma

v1.0 - 29th October (759 downloads)
    • Implemented Universal Lagfix, Overclock, Memory optimization, etc
    • Additional minior OC tweaks.
    Cool! But how about the OC? Does it works well too? :) I'm interested in this kernal, cuz of the OC function actually :D

OC works very well. No FC, no freezing what so ever. Can't fault it.
    Sorry, but be quit please.
    As far as I know, K10x kernels work with jpu and non-jpu rom. And they are jpm-sources based...
    With JPU rom,we can use
    - K10J (JPM-based + XXJPU modules)
    - K11-XXJPU (XXJPU stock kbased + some tweak, 2e bootloader, ecc..)

Now, my question was: and what about this kernel?
    The answer "because Samsung has not released sources, yet" I think it isn't correct at all (see above other kernel status). Or not?

you can't undervolt, overclock, optimise core of kernel through compiling, etc w/o the source.

if you like the other kernel that are compatible with JPU, then stick with it.
    I really like your kernel, the performance of the phone is awesome and it has so far been the best kernel I've ever used.
    There's only a slight problem I have (not sure about others)
    My GPS is somewhat useless with this kernel! No sat lock even after about 10mins!
    Takes about 4 or 5 mins to even find 3-4 sats! Use to have ~30sec locks indoors with Hardcore's kernel.
    Don't really know if it's me or others are having the same issue...

Thank you so much for this kernel! :)
    Keep up the good work.

that's not really just the kernel's fault, it's the combination of rom, modem and kernel. i use insanity rom, ya-ok kernel and zsjpe modem and i get lock perfectly with great accuracy down to 3m.

i tried 7 different modems to get the right one for my rom/kernel combo.