[KERNEL PATCH] Force AC (fast) Charging - patch complete

Search This thread

s_superman

Jan 20, 2011
Cairo
www.google.com
Thanks for releasing such a great and useful mod, worked great on Leedroid rom

But I really miss it in ics
So you can't release it for ics unless kernel sources are released ?

Sent using Morse codes

jcsy

Jan 9, 2009
Land of the Z1/EVO3D/GTAB10.1(2)
I think so, yes

-----------------------------------------------------
Its so hard to get THANKED these days on XDA. ;)
Sent from my HTC Evo 3D running ROMEOS 1.3.4 FINAL

spectralblue

Aug 20, 2011
Love this. Thank you so much.

I wish ICS comes out soon. I'll stick with GB for now because I just love this kernel patch so much.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is for kernel devs only. The patch itself is useless to those who do not/can not compile their own kernel.

This was a pretty big hit on some other devices so I figured I'd give it a shot for you gys. This allows one to force AC charging for any charger that is detected as USB (e.g. many car chargers) and pull the full current the charger can support. It also provides additional security when connecting to public charging stations because by forcing AC charging, USB/adb data transfers are disabled, protecting your data.

It is essentially a software version of the modified charge only usb cables.

Fast charge can be toggled by issuing:

echo 1 > /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge

and off:

echo 0 > /sys/kernel/fast_charge/force_fast_charge

In addition I have created a toggle fast charge widget that may be used to toggle fast charge on and off right from your home screen:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.incredicontrol.fastchargewidget

I have also implemented a toggle in IncrediControl (free) that will allow you to turn it on and off.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.incredicontrol

For the widget (or any fast charge toggle) to work, you MUST be running a kernel that has this patch implemented.

As a good gesture to support a fellow dev, I ask that if you implement the patch into your kernel, please link to my widget as one means to toggle it. You are of course free to provide other ways to toggle it as well if you so desire.

Kernel devs, if you would like to test the widget yourself to confirm its working, and for convenience of testing, please contact me and I will provide you with a copy. You must show that you are a kernel dev though (i.e. link me to your kernel post so I can match your username).

Good luck have fun!

http://www.incredikernel.com/wp-con...wnload.php?id=shooter_force_fast_charge.patch

Thank you to those who tested for me.
    Do you have the fast charge path? Maybe the patch didn't apply correctly. I'll rebuild it when I get home

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA

I might get it in a bit :cool:

EDIT: done in my thread to test who wants it and attached here ;)

have to manualy edit one file :)
    10.08 fast charge is working

Thanks!

Its so hard to get THANKED these days on XDA. ;)
    Sent from my HTC Evo 3D running ROMEOS 1.3.4 FINAL
    If someone could compile this into unity v3 it would be very nice. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using XDA

Conveniently, I actually had built that for a tester also:

http://chad0989.dyndns.org/mirror/unity_v3b_shooter_u-fastcharge.zip
    "Ponury Gesture Mod is broken"

usually after a kernel flash, Ponury breaks

clear data, or uninstall / reinstall.. perhaps try that ?

bponury mentioned this already in his thread... but im not sure, im going to test now

anyways, im flashing this thru FLASHIMAGEGUI now, and give it a run for the money :)

No it wasn't that, I had to setup a virtual machine, download all the source code, tools etc and compile my own kernel for this,(I specifically thank Lee and chad for their help) but here it is. Leedroid kernel with fastcharge AC patch and working Ponury Gesture Mod. All credits go to respective owners ;)