Hybrid CM10/Paranoid or CM10 Kang? Pros, Cons, etc.

Search This thread

mrleprechaunboy

Jan 16, 2012
Lynchburg
So I have been off of here for a while and saw CM10 up and thought that was amazing...Then i saw the hybrid one and got confused. I'm going to upgrade to one of them but have no clue which one to go to. So I am trying to figure out the pros and cons of each (battery life, annoying bugs, customization, stability, etc). PLEASE no comments like "Hybrid is amazing! forget Kang!" or vice versa...that gives me absolutely no information.

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
Try them yourself, that's the best answer.
Both are constantly updating so no talking about stability or bugs for now...
So if choice's upon me I'd have that ParanoidAndroid (hybrid) 'cuz I just love tablet UI AND I don't even use any cellular functions of E4G. You can choose to your likings like me too. Hope you finally get attached to one of them, welcome to Jelly Bean! :D

Reactions: steelers_exe

Wishkah420

Nov 27, 2010
Lansing, MI
So I have been off of here for a while and saw CM10 up and thought that was amazing...Then i saw the hybrid one and got confused. I'm going to upgrade to one of them but have no clue which one to go to. So I am trying to figure out the pros and cons of each (battery life, annoying bugs, customization, stability, etc). PLEASE no comments like "Hybrid is amazing! forget Kang!" or vice versa...that gives me absolutely no information.

CM10 Kang is near flawless. Only issue I have is roaming doesn't work. There is a work around where you can use the stock kexec boot to enable roaming and then boot back into CM10. This doesn't really help me tho as I live in an area where I'm not quite roaming and not quite on sprint's towers depending on where I am in my house. I use roam control to force roaming so I get 3 bars.

Hmmm seems like I'm *****ing but I'm not, this problem really only affects me. If you live in an area with decent signal go the Kang'd route, all the CM10 features and OMG is this ROM snappy!!!!! Even with the roaming thing it's still my daily driver and I just deal with poor signal at home because the ROM is worth it.

Jackbenimble

Jul 16, 2012
Shelby, Michigan

I'm on Paranoid now.. compared to CM9.. PA/CM10's battery life is much better. But...ehh.. about an hour of the day my cpu is running min: 1000Mhz for my GTA:) .....play long enough nd GTA eats your battery for breakfast, lunch nd dinner.

sgtkwol

Sep 2, 2010
Buffalo, NY
It's really more about personal preference. PA=CM+framework changes+app to control those changes. If you want to take tons of time to get exactly what you want, PA is the way to go. If you want a simpler experience, with fewer worries due to the extreme level of control, go with CM.

Reactions: orlzzt

mrleprechaunboy

Jan 16, 2012
Lynchburg
so pretty much as far as battery life, possible bugs (if any), snappyness, etc., they are pretty much equal. just paranoid has alot more customization? I would have tried both already but there is some bug on my laptop that wont let me transfer files from my laptop to anything D:

Katrachoboy19

Aug 16, 2012
APN & MMS Fix for ParanoidAndroid ROM

Hi everyone, when i first installed this rom everything worked lawlessly except that my MMS wasnt working so I went ahead and spent some time trying to figure out the solution until i got it :) check out my post on the general section for instructions and files please let me know if this worked for you :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try them yourself, that's the best answer.
    Both are constantly updating so no talking about stability or bugs for now...
    So if choice's upon me I'd have that ParanoidAndroid (hybrid) 'cuz I just love tablet UI AND I don't even use any cellular functions of E4G. You can choose to your likings like me too. Hope you finally get attached to one of them, welcome to Jelly Bean! :D
    It's really more about personal preference. PA=CM+framework changes+app to control those changes. If you want to take tons of time to get exactly what you want, PA is the way to go. If you want a simpler experience, with fewer worries due to the extreme level of control, go with CM.