[Q] Stuck At Boot Loader

Search This thread

shubhz1987

Aug 17, 2014
I updated the CWM to 6.x and tried to install KitKat 4.4.4 on my P500 and now, it stuck at bootloaded. Tried different ROMs but still stuck at bootloader.

I am able to open CWM recovery, install zip even can mount USB or /system and run adb shell. Able to connect it in emergency mode (PC detects it), but KDZ does not recognize the phone.

I tried the LG support tool, that told me that the software is already up-to-date. When I try to update recovery, it stuck at 11% and says there is some issue in PC communication.

Can this be an issue of baseband? I am not sure what to try next.

***Have removed the sd-card also to see if that helps.
*** also tried on different machines with xp, win 7, win 8.

Can anyone help?:confused:

shinobisoft

Recognized Contributor
Feb 18, 2012
Knoxville, TN
I updated the CWM to 6.x and tried to install KitKat 4.4.4 on my P500 and now, it stuck at bootloaded. Tried different ROMs but still stuck at bootloader.

I am able to open CWM recovery, install zip even can mount USB or /system and run adb shell. Able to connect it in emergency mode (PC detects it), but KDZ does not recognize the phone.

I tried the LG support tool, that told me that the software is already up-to-date. When I try to update recovery, it stuck at 11% and says there is some issue in PC communication.

Can this be an issue of baseband? I am not sure what to try next.

***Have removed the sd-card also to see if that helps.
*** also tried on different machines with xp, win 7, win 8.

Can anyone help?:confused:

If you can boot to recovery then do the following:
1) Wipe dalvik-cache
2) Wipe cache
3) Format /system
4) Format /userdata or /data
5) Reinstall ROM
6) Reinstall GApps
7) Reboot

When upgrading or changing between major versions, ie; JellyBean to KitKat, it's highly recommended to format your system and userdata partitions.

shubhz1987

Aug 17, 2014
Done This

If you can boot to recovery then do the following:
1) Wipe dalvik-cache
2) Wipe cache
3) Format /system
4) Format /userdata or /data
5) Reinstall ROM
6) Reinstall GApps
7) Reboot

When upgrading or changing between major versions, ie; JellyBean to KitKat, it's highly recommended to format your system and userdata partitions.

Thanks shinobisoft, but I have done these in the same order.

xdema

Jul 5, 2014
Hello Guys...

Any help....

you didn't say wich rom/thread etc, however

could you try this:

take this cwm the january's

take this rom the 7.1 version.

enter in recovery mode
flash the above cwm
flash the rom :fingers-crossed:

after that if you want to flash a kitkat, if it's an OS2SD or not use twrp 2.7.0.1 multi (bigsupersquid's & HardLight's twrp for p500)
this version have tls enabled

shubhz1987

Aug 17, 2014
Now stuck at LG boot logo infinite loop

you didn't say wich rom/thread etc, however

could you try this:

take this cwm the january's

take this rom the 7.1 version.

enter in recovery mode
flash the above cwm
flash the rom :fingers-crossed:

after that if you want to flash a kitkat, if it's an OS2SD or not use twrp 2.7.0.1 multi (bigsupersquid's & HardLight's twrp for p500)
this version have tls enabled

I flashed both of these zips and now I am stuck at LG boot logo infinite loop. CWM is updated by the above zip.

xdema

Jul 5, 2014
I flashed both of these zips and now I am stuck at LG boot logo infinite loop. CWM is updated by the above zip.

Did you make the format /system /androidsecure /data etc..?
change the SD card, re-download the rom 7.1 & the twrp 2.7.0 multi, and retry (corrupted data/download problem?)
else go back to older cwm v5 and try older ics based rom.

i don't want to suggest to you to use LGMDP or KDZ because with that you can really break the phone. take that as last chances

i've a p500 for test, i've seen a lot of "black after LG logo", but everytime when i had possibility to enter the recovery, a new flash (recovery, rom or both) solved problems

To wipe clean 100% and install a new rom
Select “wipe data/factory reset
Select “yes”
Go to “mounts and storage”
Select “format /boot”
Select “yes”
Select “format /system”
Select “yes”
Back out of that menu to the main one again and select “advanced”
Select “Wipe Dalvik Cache”
Select “yes”

Last edited:

badblue1

Apr 18, 2013
Pittsburgh
Did you make the format /system /androidsecure /data etc..?
change the SD card, re-download the rom 7.1 & the twrp 2.7.0 multi, and retry (corrupted data/download problem?)
else go back to older cwm v5 and try older ics based rom.

i don't want to suggest to you to use LGMDP or KDZ because with that you can really break the phone. take that as last chances

i've a p500 for test, i've seen a lot of "black after LG logo", but everytime when i had possibility to enter the recovery, a new flash (recovery, rom or both) solved problems

To wipe clean 100% and install a new rom
Select “wipe data/factory reset
Select “yes”
Go to “mounts and storage”
Select “format /boot”
Select “yes”
Select “format /system”
Select “yes”
Back out of that menu to the main one again and select “advanced”
Select “Wipe Dalvik Cache”
Select “yes”
It's also good to check the Md5 sums of the recovery and rom.zip, if Md5 sums don't match, you will have a corrupt download.