is my m8 fake??

Search This thread

liorderei

Apr 14, 2011
OnePlus 8
Hi guys,
I just received my HTC m8 bbuti noticed something strange first of all the Rom was already installed and it was in Chinese, second I looked in the hardware details and on phone name says my htcm8x and at the back oh the phone on the buttom in the model it says one m8x what is m8x anyway?? Should I be worrying?

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
It's an Asian version M8 with 2.5 GHz processor
Mine is M8x too.

Last edited:

Root-Maniac

Jan 10, 2012
SO. Cali.
Hi guys,
I just received my HTC m8 bbuti noticed something strange first of all the Rom was already installed and it was in Chinese, second I looked in the hardware details and on phone name says my htcm8x and at the back oh the phone on the buttom in the model it says one m8x what is m8x anyway?? Should I be worrying?

Thats the Indonesian Version of the HTC M8,(Dual Sim) Here are some more details:

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=5997&c=htc_one_m8x_2014_lte-a_htc_m8

ckpv5

Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
thanks for the replies
Are there any hardware difference? Does all custom rims and unlock works the same?

I can't talk about dual SIM version as mine is a single SIM version.
For single SIM, yes all hardware almost the same except the processor.
And all custom ROMs and unlock work the same as other Int'l GSM M8.

For dual SIM ... none of the custom ROM made for single SIM work on it.

So .. which is yours ? Single SIM or dual SIM ?

liorderei

Apr 14, 2011
OnePlus 8
I don't think I have dual SIM...I have a place in the left upper side for SIM and right upper side for ad card.. and what's the differences in the processorsthank for the replies I'm really nervous here :/
I can't talk about dual SIM version as mine is a single SIM version.
For single SIM, yes all hardware almost the same except the processor.
And all custom ROMs and unlock work the same as other Int'l GSM M8.

For dual SIM ... none of the custom ROM made for single SIM work on it.

So .. which is yours ? Single SIM or dual SIM ?

ckpv5

Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
I don't think I have dual SIM...I have a place in the left upper side for SIM and right upper side for ad card.. and what's the differences in the processorsthank for the replies I'm really nervous here :/

Yours is a single SIM like mine.
No need to worry too much on processor thing. HTC release a few type of processor to certain region.

Most important, take note the software version no. in settings - about
and make a backup before you do anything else like installing a custom ROM

liorderei

Apr 14, 2011
OnePlus 8
Yours is a single SIM like mine.
No need to worry too much on processor thing. HTC release a few type of processor to certain region.

Most important, take note the software version no. in settings - about
and make a backup before you do anything else like installing a custom ROM

thanks a lot for your help you really calmed me down, My software version is 1.54.709.12 does it matters? And I'll try to unlock it and change it to s-off in a couple of hours I hope everything will go smooth

ckpv5

Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
thanks a lot for your help you really calmed me down, My software version is 1.54.709.12 does it matters? And I'll try to unlock it and change it to s-off in a couple of hours I hope everything will go smooth

There's a new update to 2.22.709.4 for your device.
Check for software update first before you do unlocking (settings - about - software update)