[Q] Galaxy S3 Bluetooth audio

Search This thread

Aaron246

Aug 30, 2014
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 phone with the latest Android available. I'm trying to nail some bluetooth issues I experience while playing music through Bluetooth in my car using both Spotify and Google Play Music. Car is a 2012 Ford Territory with the latest Bluetooth update applied.

Whenever I play music it cuts out randomly usually for a second or 2 before playing again. Sometimes it automatically pauses the track as well requiring me to pull over, unlock the screen and press play again to get it going This happens at least once or twice and sometimes more per track I am playing in the car. Happens weather the phone is plugged in and charging or not. I've tried turning WiFi off and it seems to not make a difference. Tried changing the Bluetooth profile on the phone and it makes no difference.

Are there known issues with this phone? Could it be other apps running in the background causing this problem? If so what would those apps likely be? Not sure where to go from here. I've downloaded podcasts and played those through Bluetooth with the phone and they work flawlessly. It seems to be just music.

The phone is not rooted and as it is a work supplied phone rooting is not an option. What can I do to improve or fix the problem?

waclaw66

Feb 17, 2013
Yes. I have similar problems while playing music on portable bluetooth speaker. I'm using QS-i9300-KK 2.6 right now. On other Android devices is music continuous.