[App] HTC Note - working version

Search This thread

puertoblack2003

this is a working version that is currently on my evo LTE

device-2012-06-01-122809.jpg

widgets:

device-2012-06-04-235518.jpg

Can someone be so kind and compile it for flashbale zip.I'm to lazy to do it.

DOWNLOAD - updated 6.05.2012

flashable zip thanks to smw6180

how to install

extract the zip, copy the note app to system/app then change permission to "644" do not manually install it. Then copy libnotes_jni.so and libnotesprovider_jni.so to system/lib and change permission to 644. After that reboot the device, you'll see a message upon booting up that it's updating android app.

that's it and it'll work

Last edited:

SeventhGen

Nov 4, 2007
Union City, CA
Got it working, thanks...I moved the files into the system/ folder and changed the permissions then moved the files to the required folders and it worked without a reboot.

Sent using the XDA app

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
Aww now widget? It's ok, thanks for the efforts. Is there a particular place we can spam HTC with a request to at least put this in the hub for us? The freakin one x on at& t had it.

Sent from my EVO using xda premium

gmtom1

Apr 11, 2010
What do you mean by "change permission to 644"? When I long press on a file in ES File Explorer and click properties/permissions, it shows checkboxes for read/write/execute under user/group/other.

EDIT - Never mind. Figured it out. Works great - been waiting for this. Thanks!!

Last edited:

smw6180

Oct 31, 2007
Bear, DE
What do you mean by "change permission to 644"? When I long press on a file in ES File Explorer and click properties/permissions, it shows checkboxes for read/write/execute under user/group/other.

644 is rw r r

But you can just flash the zip I made. It handles permissions for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: tltb26

puertoblack2003

hey guys not sure what happened.It maybe a cache issue or a file that was removed that is relying on the widget to work.Long story short i decided to use RegawMOD EVO 4G LTE Rooter method after i was fully rooted it did wipe my data but kept the note.apk file and the widget app that i had already installed i went in the widget gallery and noticed that the note widget was available to use.so now i fully have htc note and widget on my phone.

Check the op for screen shot and re-download the file, i repacked the file that includes the widget hopefully smw can repack for you guys to flash it via recovery.Same method as mentioned in the op..

good luck and re-post back with results.

smw6180

Oct 31, 2007
Bear, DE
I was able to get the widget to work by pushing it to system and setting the permissions.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

redid the zip in the original post to include the widget and permissions, but I'm not seeing it. If anyone wants to test it feel free.. Have to head to work, but I'll look at it again later if I have time.

Rippley05

May 11, 2010
redid the zip in the original post to include the widget and permissions, but I'm not seeing it. If anyone wants to test it feel free.. Have to head to work, but I'll look at it again later if I have time.

I flashed and I'm also not seeing the widget. I'm on stock/rooted rom.

smw6180

Oct 31, 2007
Bear, DE
I flashed and I'm also not seeing the widget. I'm on stock/rooted rom.

Yeah. Hey puertoblack2003 can you look at /system/app/Htc3DRichNotesWidget.apk and tell me what the permissions are on it? I have them set at 644 like everything else, but if that's not right tell me and I'll change the script.

Also, what does it come up as in the widget list? HTC Note? Note? Something else?

Last edited:

puertoblack2003

Yeah. Hey puertoblack2003 can you look at /system/app/Htc3DRichNotesWidget.apk and tell me what the permissions are on it? I have them set at 644 like everything else, but if that's not right tell me and I'll change the script.

Also, what does it come up as in the widget list? HTC Note? Note? Something else?

the note widget permission setting is 644 and under the widget panel there's 3 to choose from, under (notes) 2- 4x4 and 1 4x2. Before i decided to use the rag's root method i had removed several htc apps, htc hub, browser and a couple more.so rooting, It restored back to stock rom, but the note and note widget remained in the system/app folder. So i believe it has something to do with system cache not sure though all i know it's there.. :)

smw6180

Oct 31, 2007
Bear, DE
the note widget permission setting is 644 and under the widget panel there's 3 to choose from, under (notes) 2- 4x4 and 1 4x2. Before i decided to use the rag's root method i had removed several htc apps, htc hub, browser and a couple more.so rooting, It restored back to stock rom, but the note and note widget remained in the system/app folder. So i believe it has something to do with system cache not sure though all i know it's there.. :)

Well the zip wipes cache and dalvik after installing. Permissions are right, but the widget doesn't show in the list. If anyone figures it out, let me know and I'll update the zip for it. For now though, it's going install the widget, but I doubt most people will be able to use it.

Reactions: puertoblack2003

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    this is a working version that is currently on my evo LTE

device-2012-06-01-122809.jpg

widgets:

device-2012-06-04-235518.jpg

Can someone be so kind and compile it for flashbale zip.I'm to lazy to do it.

DOWNLOAD - updated 6.05.2012

flashable zip thanks to smw6180

how to install

extract the zip, copy the note app to system/app then change permission to "644" do not manually install it. Then copy libnotes_jni.so and libnotesprovider_jni.so to system/lib and change permission to 644. After that reboot the device, you'll see a message upon booting up that it's updating android app.

that's it and it'll work
    Here's a flashable zip I whipped up. Worked for me. Let me know if anyone has issues.

This also wipes cache and dalvik, so your boot is going to take longer after flashing.
    Newest HTC Notes: http://db.tt/QIUtEaZk

Not flashable!

Sent From My HTC Evo 4G LTE, On The Now Network From Sprint!
    [APP] [TEAM XPOSED] HTC Notes

Okay, Here Is A Flashable Zip, With A Fixed Version Of HTC Notes. Widgets (All 3) Are Working For All Also. just Flash In Recovery... :D

P.S. The Widgets Are Resizable!!!
    I'll upload the latest one shortly. Got it working for myself.

Sent From My HTC Evo 4G LTE, On The Now Network From Sprint!