ADB Sideload Method to update Nexus 7 Issues

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys forget everything about sideload the update... there's a little trick which force your devices to get it ota

1. Go to Settings -> Apps -> All

2. Find Google Services Framework.

3. Tap on Force Stop.

4. Select Clear Data.

i should do it 4 times before it worked :D :good:
    Ok. Real noob question. How do you get to the adb window to right click?:eek:

You dont. Navigate to your adb platform tools folder, right-click in the window (just anywhere in the empty space), and select "open command prompt here" --in the same folder that adb.exe resides in---

Then you can type (in the command window)

Code:
     adb devices

just to make sure you're connecting to your device, if so then type

Code:
     adb sideload {name of file}

don't type {name of file}, just type the name of the file you're wanting to sideload, including the file extension (the 4.1.2 update I'm guessing) --make sure the file is in the same folder as adb.exe so you don't need to type the path name...

Hope that helps

GT-P6800
    GT-N8013
    I'm sorry, I've neverhad tis problem. If. Our device I'd is showingup in an adb devices query, you should be able to type:

Code:
    adb sideload {path to file/name of file}

And it should run.... is your device in recovery? Or just plugged in? Have you enabled USB debugging in settings>developer options?

GT-P6800
    GT-N8013

I reinstalled my drivers. I now have serial number / sideload, but using the adb sideload code still runs the same as typing just adb.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOLVED: Had to delete my platform-tools folder and reinstall adb. Worked first try. =D
    The side load command seems to not be included in older versions of adb. The list of adb commands comes up because an invalid command was typed. I had an older version of adb that could detect the n7 but didn't recognize the sideload command. A newer version of adb I have works fine.
    Had an issue with this today, turned out my supposed update.zip was actually a .tar archive. :silly: