[SOLVED!!!] Club of users stuck on Unrootable P769-V10G. [ROOT V10G NOW POSSIBLE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

cmahendra

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
Re: Club of users stuck on Unrootable P769-V10G. Lolz

GOOD NEWS FOR PALS STUCK ON V10G. SOMEONE (lelus) FOUND OMAP WAY TO ROOT P769V10G. INTERESTING POST CHECK IN DEV SECTION.

Yes I am shouting in CAPS. Don't bother to notify. :D
Sent from my LG-P765 using xda app-developers app

Blackman75

Feb 23, 2013
GOOD NEWS FOR PALS STUCK ON V10G. SOMEONE (lelus) FOUND OMAP WAY TO ROOT P769V10G. INTERESTING POST CHECK IN DEV SECTION.

Yes I am shouting in CAPS. Don't bother to notify. :D
Sent from my LG-P765 using xda app-developers app

Hey man stop shouting in CAPS and give us a link. Just kidding! But really give us a link if you have it. I am lazy :p

Mar 1, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Hey man stop shouting in CAPS and give us a link. Just kidding! But really give us a link if you have it. I am lazy :p

Found it. I can't post links yet, but the URN is /showthread.php?t=2171243. If you're like me and just got your phone or this is your only workable phone, then you should wait until someone tests it. The guy that discovered it appears to have pulled an all-nighter on it, so the instructions aren't too clear yet.

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai

Blackman75

Feb 23, 2013
I'm going to sit in the club till they come up with instructions for dummies like me and a few more people try it to work out any bugs. ;)

cgigate

Sep 12, 2003
Texas, USA and Toronto,Canada
Re: Club of users stuck on Unrootable P769-V10G. [ROOT V10G NOW POSSIBLE?]

if your Guy really cannot leave the club, send your phone to me (DFW area- Dallas/Fort Worth ) with $20 fee. I will root your phone...

Sent from my A501 using Tapatalk HD

wbc1228

Apr 25, 2012

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
NO NO NO!!!! *kicks and screams to stay* lolz

ha ha ha. rotmfl :laugh:

if your Guy really cannot leave the club, send your phone to me (DFW area- Dallas/Fort Worth ) with $20 fee. I will root your phone...
Sent from my A501 using Tapatalk HD
i think your evil clone is logging in to your account.
you might want to update your password
:p

Actually! No need to send anyone to unroot at any cost, after I have made a "do at your home" guide. :laugh:

Last edited:

bandagraph

Jun 25, 2010
I have been out of the club since this morning. Thanks all! Happy to help anyone who wants to ship me their phone and some xtra bucks...could also help on a webmeeting. I will donate anything given to me to those here working hard to improve our experience with these phones.

Next step is to get cm9 on our phones. Looks like we need v10a for this.

Last edited:

Blackman75

Feb 23, 2013
I have been out of the club since this morning. Thanks all! Happy to help anyone who wants to ship me their phone and some xtra bucks...could also help on a webmeeting. I will donate anything given to me to those here working hard to improve our experience with these phones.

What is cm9?

rbraswell8

Apr 22, 2011
Gainesville, GA

the version of cm9 currently being made isn't for our model, it's for the p760 and p765. If we want it, we're gonna have to compile it and build it, or at the very least get someone who knows what the heck they're doing to do it for us, and be willing to test.

cm9 is cyanogenmod 9, a variant of ics (ice cream sandwich, or android 4.0) built by the cyanogenmod team. it comes with all sorts of extra goodies as well as having all of the developer options unlocked.

personally, I prefer paranoid android, but that's mostly because of it's flexibility and the pie launcher.

cmahendra

Jan 20, 2012
Mumbai
the version of cm9 currently being made isn't for our model, it's for the p760 and p765. If we want it, we're gonna have to compile it and build it, or at the very least get someone who knows what the heck they're doing to do it for us, and be willing to test.

cm9 is cyanogenmod 9, a variant of ics (ice cream sandwich, or android 4.0) built by the cyanogenmod team. it comes with all sorts of extra goodies as well as having all of the developer options unlocked.

personally, I prefer paranoid android, but that's mostly because of it's flexibility and the pie launcher.

HA HA. I just dont believe you explained him what is CM9. lolz.

@Blackman75
BTW, CM10 is JB variant of Cyanogenmod. Oops, I did it too. :D
More here >>> http://www.cyanogenmod.org/

Last edited:

bandagraph

Jun 25, 2010

Just yesterday, the dev working on CM9 in the development forum posted a version for p769. However, it is made to go on a version v10a p769. To my knowledge we don't currently have this. I'm happy to test if we can get a rooted v10a somehow. Here is the dev's link. (Says L7 and p760, but it is really L9 and all variants)

http://lgics.altervista.org/cyanogenmod-roms-for-lg-optimus-l7-p760/

CM10.1 would be awesome, but baby steps :)

Edit: Response to the post below: Yes someone tested it out after I posted this. The developer updated the link above to reflect that that it did not work on the p769

Last edited:

szczys

Jul 14, 2012
Re: Club of users stuck on Unrootable P769-V10G. [ROOT V10G NOW POSSIBLE?]

That thread says very clearly that it will not work on the P769

Sent from my LG-P769 using xda app-developers app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got v10c from India installed on my phone, applied root, got cwm installed with L9 recovery apk. now for the final touches to see if it will allow me to go from v10c to v10e for the P769.

UPDATE: this method works, but there might be an issue. Or it might just be a hiccup on my end. Where I was touching on the screen after the restore was completed, it was still mirrored, but the screen layout itself was not mirrored. Trying back in cwm a full data wipe and the reapplying the restore.
    NEWSFLASH: Rooting V10G P769 is possible now... visit this page

***All following information was true upto 2-March-2013 only before new Root Method arrived. lolz

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Lolz.:laugh: Title says it all. I am just curious to know how many of you are stuck on Unrooted P769V10G?

Facts+Observations (till post update date)
    • P769 V10E is ROOTABLE
    • P769 V10G is NOT ROOTABLE
    • P769 V11A Wind Mobile is also NOT ROOTABLE
    • Some were on Rooted P769 V10E and accidentally or unknowingly they updated (in sleep) to V10G and lost Root and now stuck on it.
    • Once on UNROOTED V10G, you CANNOT REVERT BACK to V10E or previous roms (if any). Some people tried but they got some weird results.
    • Once on V10G you can flash "V11A Wind Mobile" kdz but that also CANNOT BE ROOTED.
    • WARNING: DO NOT FLASH OTHER KDZ FROM P768/P765/P760 ON P769 AS THE HARDWARE IS NOT FULLY COMPATIBLE AND YOU MAY PARTIALLY OR PERMANENTLY BRICK THE PHONE.
    Club of people who are stuck on P769-V10G. :D

1) JAWheat411
    2) cookiephone
    3) rbraswell8
    4) KieKAzami
    5) fastwanabe
    6) mderuelle
    7) dcs101
    8) alienngp
    9) guest_2011
    10) aequitas3
    11) lay-z beatz
    12) JustinRawr < v10g preloaded
    13) redmond.ran@gmail.com
    14) dismantlehands
    15) FusiveR
    16) mike6696
    17) han-shinbi
    18) mrmathematica < v10g preloaded
    19) AwesomeTurtle < v10g preloaded
    21) Tablechair < v10g preloaded

Members who ROOTED with new ROOT method and left CLUB.

1) bandagraph < v10g preloaded

Appeal to all Club-members
    Please tell us what exactly happened when you try to flash old versions V10E or V10A? Where does it stop? Any details?:confused: If you share your experiences, someone may find some solution from here or from elsewhere. Asking all pals to add your names and share your ideas and workarounds.

Maybe something good comes out of discussion and sharing of information.

Not kidding...:D
    Re: [FUN+DISCUSSION] List of users stuck on Unrooted P769V10G. Lolz :D

Yea im stuck on 10g and i bought my phone frome tmobile with 10g gay
    Im kind of a noob but i think the guy at tje tmobile store might of updated my phone before he gave it to me if i did a factory reset would i get the earlier version before the sys updat

No!!! factory reset will only remove apps and data entirely from phone memory and internal memory.

I was on 10G but I used KDZ offline to install the Canadian 11A. Still not able to root but less bloatware and everything seems to work better.

You can switch between V10G and V11A but can't root both. And no switch back to V10E. Say thanks to your US providers. Not to blame LG. They don't restrict this anywhere else in the world for P760/P765/P768.

Sent from p765.
    [possible solution????]

post deleted.
    Can anyone confirm/deny whether this works?

dont try, its not working