Forever root + .893 = winning!

Search This thread

Sjflowerhorn

Apr 28, 2010
Maple Shade/Collingswood/Cherry Hill
I applied p3's forever root method and after some doubt and mental quarrel i decided to go through with it. I am now running rooted .893 it seems faster so far. Screenshots to come.

I am in no way responsible for your actions. The krakken lies ahead. There is no turning back. Please think about this before you proceed and know that until we have a fastboot restore point there is no way to restore a softbrick.

From .886 stock rooted bloat must be present. Flash to stock before proceeding.
Apply forever root and reboot for safety sakes.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=18502929

P3droids Forever root- root explorer Method

go to /system/bin/open in text editor - mount_ext3.sh add the following lines to the very bottom (i placed 2 spaces between the las line and the first line of the script)

chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
chmod 4755 /system/app/Superuser.apk

I found the problem. If you use ES Text Editor then it change permission for mount_ext3.sh and you will stuck on logo. EVERYONE MUST CHECK mount_ext3.sh execute permission after editing.

Then using the cheesecake app change your server to staging and download the update. 5.5.893

Then apply as normal let phone do its thing allow ten minutes or so for install and maybe 7 for first boot.

Enjoy your new much more battery efficient Droid Bionic running 5.5.893 rooted!

Bionic bootstrap works.
Rom manager works including cwmr.
So far all apps work fine.
Battery seems better but time will tell.
Cell standby greatly reduced!
Blur UI faster more responsive.
Camera slightly faster.

proxy

proxy

proxy

Last edited:

Droidmoder

Sep 19, 2011
You have a link for the forever root? Thanks if you do!

sent from my sense on crack MT4G Slide using xda premium

dadsterflip

Aug 31, 2010
On the script did you apply the text right under the last sentence or did you leave a space in between?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

idefiler6

May 16, 2011
CT
I'm running liberty right now, should I FXZ to complete stock before doing the forever root and downloading the update?

mistawolfe

Nov 21, 2010
Nice job OP.

I was wondering about this, as I keep finding this update via cheesecake. I'm liking unl3ash3d v1.8 too much to switch, but thanks for being our guinea pig.

Sjflowerhorn

Apr 28, 2010
Maple Shade/Collingswood/Cherry Hill
Nice job OP.

I was wondering about this, as I keep finding this update via cheesecake. I'm liking unl3ash3d v1.8 too much to switch, but thanks for being our guinea pig.

I just read a post stating that someone saw a tweet by droidth3ory saying he is using this for 2.0 but just heresay if u ask me.

And mistawolfe it was my pleasure i just regret not doing it 3 days ago.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium

Last edited:

idefiler6

May 16, 2011
CT
Forgive the noobitude if you would, I FXZd, rooted, installed root explorer and did the forever root exploit (seems to have took). I opened cheesecake (first time installing it) and clicked check for updates on staging1. It's asking for a motorola account, should I create one?

Reactions: o0TheFLaSH0o

mistawolfe

Nov 21, 2010
Forgive the noobitude if you would, I FXZd, rooted, installed root explorer and did the forever root exploit (seems to have took). I opened cheesecake (first time installing it) and clicked check for updates on staging1. It's asking for a motorola account, should I create one?

Hit ok, just bypass it. It's standard. Then it might ask for wifi, click the middle option. Keep jumping through the hoops. If it throws back the same wifi screen after a few tries, the server is down. Move on...

draco259

Nov 1, 2010
I just read a post stating that someone saw a tweet by droidth3ory saying he is using this for 2.0 but just heresay if u ask me.

And mistawolfe it was my pleasure i just regret not doing it 3 days ago.

[R3]BLURR3D 2.0 will include the. 893 OTA update. :)"
--http://twitter.com/draco259/status/127162476042260481

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I applied p3's forever root method and after some doubt and mental quarrel i decided to go through with it. I am now running rooted .893 it seems faster so far. Screenshots to come.

I am in no way responsible for your actions. The krakken lies ahead. There is no turning back. Please think about this before you proceed and know that until we have a fastboot restore point there is no way to restore a softbrick.

From .886 stock rooted bloat must be present. Flash to stock before proceeding.
    Apply forever root and reboot for safety sakes.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=18502929

P3droids Forever root- root explorer Method

go to /system/bin/open in text editor - mount_ext3.sh add the following lines to the very bottom (i placed 2 spaces between the las line and the first line of the script)

chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
    chmod 4755 /system/xbin/su
    chmod 4755 /system/app/Superuser.apk

I found the problem. If you use ES Text Editor then it change permission for mount_ext3.sh and you will stuck on logo. EVERYONE MUST CHECK mount_ext3.sh execute permission after editing.

Then using the cheesecake app change your server to staging and download the update. 5.5.893

Then apply as normal let phone do its thing allow ten minutes or so for install and maybe 7 for first boot.

Enjoy your new much more battery efficient Droid Bionic running 5.5.893 rooted!

Bionic bootstrap works.
    Rom manager works including cwmr.
    So far all apps work fine.
    Battery seems better but time will tell.
    Cell standby greatly reduced!
    Blur UI faster more responsive.
    Camera slightly faster.

proxy

proxy

proxy
    I want this so bad...too afraid of f###ing something up afterwards without an fxz to fall back on...I'm sure I'll nut up eventually lol too important improvements to pass up

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA App

Nothing to worry about... we have full restore and root capabilities now.

Simple as a flash. :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    I was really sceptical myself but p3droid pulled through so thanks to p3's forever root post.

I'm running liberty right now, should I FXZ to complete stock before doing the forever root and downloading the update?

Yes

Ten posts later..

Nice work, and a thanks to everyone who has been working on this.

I've rooted, forever mod, webtop mod, and 5.5.886 stock. Some bloat frozen. I am about to pull the trigger here, getting sick of data drops.

The Question is, after installing cheesecake and changing servers.. How does one get back to the standard "Verizon" server? (of course I could restore the backup I made before installing cheesecake, but I have yet to 'restore' any thing yet on this phone, and wonder what the standard server is. Any thoughts?

If 5.7.893 is the 'official' update, will there be anything different between what we can get from cheesecake, and what would come ota from VZ? (ie, any reason to wait till VZ pushes this)

To get back to the stock update just choose the production sever from cheesecake.

Its just up to you if you want the update now or just wait for the update to be released. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few more minor changes between now and then

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using XDA App