How to stop network Roaming

Search This thread

Prototypeuk

Nov 16, 2010
I'm on T-mobile here in the UK and I can't seem to stop it roaming to Orange.

I don't mind roaming except when it choses Orange 2G when I have a 3G cell over the road from me on T-mobile. If I go into networks and after searching select T-mobile it will change to T-mobile but it will not stay on it.

How do you switch off network roaming?

I'm running ICS 4.04

jojoost

Jan 8, 2012
Switch off the setting in settings-> data usage-> advanced settings
5658d096-84c9-7d31.jpg

---===:::Greetzz, jojoost:::===---

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Prototypeuk

Nov 16, 2010
Thank you for your reply but I didn't say anything about Data roaming. I need to stop it NETWORK roaming. I don't get charged for data when roaming on Orange as they are the same company in the UK.

As I said I need to stop it NETWORK roaming. Any ideas please?

Prototypeuk

Nov 16, 2010
settings, wireless, more, mobile networks, network operators, select network instead of auto?

Yes I have done that many times as said in my first post.

"If I go into networks and after searching select T-mobile it will change to T-mobile but it will not stay on it."

I don't understand why it keeps wanting to change when I have manually selected my network. Is this a ICS 4.04 bug or am I missing a roaming setting somewhere?

Ref. Data Roaming it has been turned off the whole time see screen shot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-04-21-10-55-53.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-04-21-10-55-53.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 129

madd0g

May 8, 2010
You mean national roaming ? I think that was in previous CM and only in CM, not AOSP.

Prototypeuk

Nov 16, 2010
So has anyone got any ideas how to stop this roaming?

I've just got home and it has roamed to Orange again, I've been home for 1 hour now and it is still on Orange even tho I have a 3G T-mobile cell over the road from me. If I manually select T-mobile it will go onto it but it doesn't want to stay on it.

I didn't have this trouble before I upgraded to ICS 4.0.4 :mad:

DarkhShadow

Sep 25, 2011
Essex
So has anyone got any ideas how to stop this roaming?

I've just got home and it has roamed to Orange again, I've been home for 1 hour now and it is still on Orange even tho I have a 3G T-mobile cell over the road from me. If I manually select T-mobile it will go onto it but it doesn't want to stay on it.

I didn't have this trouble before I upgraded to ICS 4.0.4 :mad:
I think you have to call T-Mobile and opt out as its NOT normal roaming(little R over signal bar) its a network specific thing

Sent from my ice cream powered Nexus S

bmszabo

May 19, 2007
Virtual roaming control, from the market has fixed my similar issues in the Netherlands.. Maybe give it a try?

Sent from my Nexus S using xda premium