Erratic battery reporting on 2.3.4 update

Search This thread

nateohio

Jan 16, 2011
I flashed the newest update (2.3.4) this last weekend and although its been great with battery life, I cant seem to get the actual reporting to settle in.

When I take it off the charger its reporting 100%, and throughout
the day it obviously drains the battery. The problem is when I reboot the phone, it starts back up reporting 10-20% higher battery life then when I shut it down. So in reality, I have more battery life left then whats being reported.

I charged to 100% and wiped battery stats using bootstrap. Then drained the battery all the way, and charged all the way back to a full charge.

Can you guys think of anything else that may fix this issue?

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

buddyfriendo

Apr 10, 2011
Massachusetts
I noticed this as well, I thought it was my Mugen Power battery giving false reports but it looks like it isn't the case..

I just don't reboot as often now, can't say I've noticed any problems other than that. My battery life has been excellent!

ilovesoad

May 22, 2011
Plano, TX
I noticed this as well, I thought it was my Mugen Power battery giving false reports but it looks like it isn't the case..

I just don't reboot as often now, can't say I've noticed any problems other than that. My battery life has been excellent!

I normally can go about 14 hours or so off the charger. This past cycle, I went 36 hours, with normal use :D

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

K33pw1shen

Jul 4, 2011
Orangeville PA
Same thing here I had 80% rebooted and had 100 so I wiped battery stats this morning and I'm working on killing it now lol ......so far 8 hours and 70% left :)

X2gingerfuncked

I normally can go about 14 hours or so off the charger. This past cycle, I went 36 hours, with normal use :D

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Standard battery? Wow

I have never seen a number higher than 14hrs for me. But then again I am CONSTANTLY on my phone.
I want an extended battery but I like my otterbox to much. So I just carry a spare in my wallet.

hapyman

Jul 7, 2011
Seems to be a bug in the SBC file. Hopefully we have a fix after the soak test. Or maybe nitro will take a stab at it.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App

X0dus

Apr 17, 2011
Cornvoy
This is a very annoying bug. I went back to 2.3.3 until it's fixed.

Sent from my DROID X2 using XDA App

viskey

Oct 19, 2011
I also have this issue. roomer is the higher number is correct but who knows. this is going to get old fast. i wonder how and when this will be fixed.

garywojdan81

Aug 10, 2010
Just an fyi, the issue persists with the .31 liberty test build.

Sent from my DROID X2 using xda premium

viskey

Oct 19, 2011
i hope a fix comes soon but it pry won't be from motorola. i don't see them sending out an update just for one issue unless they have some other issues to fix that i haven't heard about yet. hopefully sooner than later

h20534

Oct 20, 2011
I have this also, as well as random reboots.

2.3.4 didn't really do much for me, the only real difference I notice were that random reboots now happen every 2 or 3 days instead of every day. :mad:

viskey

Oct 19, 2011
ya that's not good, the update was supposed to stop that. they've been doing these updates and creating the OS for all these devices for so long now id think they would have it pretty much down by now. maybe they need to do more testing before releases...idk...

Top Liked Posts