[DEV][TESTING] Let's all work on Ice Cream Sandwich here!

Search This thread
Error again!

Not the same.

Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
set_perm: some changes failed
E:Error in /sdcard/download/full_galaxyr-ota-eng
.root.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted

I'm using CWM v5

Mymy.....this updater-script hates me....

"I have to go. It's just....they really need me." - Sora

Grarak

Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2012
Vienna
After reboot it stucks in a green bootscreen

Attachments

• IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 171

Adam77Root

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 3, 2012
Mymy.....this updater-script hates me....

I had such problems with dsixda's kitchen. The update-binary is not fully compatible. It seems JB's one doesn't work with CWM. Get one from CM7.2 (or CM9).

Sent from my GT-I9103

I had such problems with dsixda's kitchen. The update-binary is not fully compatible. It seems JB's one doesn't work with CWM. Get one from CM7.2 (or CM9).

Sent from my GT-I9103

I personally think it's because they didn't wipe everything (including /system) that's why set_perm couldn't finish properly

'cooleagle'

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 19, 2012
Changelog of Android 4.1 Jelly Beans (It's a bit long): http://www.android.com/about/jelly-bean/l

It does have a lot of additions but the major ones that would actually make a difference:

- Offline Voice recognition
- Smoother interface
- All the Notification bar improvements
- Google Now

And a big let down among them was the offline navigation feature of Google Maps which is not 'Offline' in any sense. It just allows you save map data of less than 100MB Max which is far from being offline & it looks foolish for Google to give it a tag like that when compared to Nokia Maps.

technonerd92

Mar 3, 2012
Hi I am downloading and installing this right now. I will try and give you the logs as soon as I can. I just want to know. I understand Format Data. Wipe Dalvik & Cache. What is Format System? I didn't get that part.

Sent from my GT-I9103 using xda app-developers app

Hi I am downloading and installing this right now. I will try and give you the logs as soon as I can. I just want to know. I understand Format Data. Wipe Dalvik & Cache. What is Format System? I didn't get that part.

It's in mounts and system in recovery
Mounts and System > format /system

technonerd92

Mar 3, 2012

OK wow. Thanks. :)

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Hey tried and followed the same procedure. It's getting aborted. Giving the same error:

set_perm: some changes failed.
(Status 7)
Installation Aborted.

Top Liked Posts