[ROM][4.2.2][Alpha] CyanogenMod 10.1 for HTC One (m7/m7_ul)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Team hammer

Dec 19, 2012
Belfast
gutted

i cant believe that i will lose blinkfeed if i put this rom on my phone, gutted , so i mite not be keeping this on my phone wen the proper version is out. I really hope that sum1 can get blinkfeed working on this. because thats worth a donation big time :crying::crying:

Marcismo55

Sep 29, 2010
Ventura, CA
i cant believe that i will lose blinkfeed if i put this rom on my phone, gutted , so i mite not be keeping this on my phone wen the proper version is out. I really hope that sum1 can get blinkfeed working on this. because thats worth a donation big time :crying::crying:

I don't know if this is worth a donation or not but this user explains how to use BlinkFeed on 3rd party launchers HERE :good:

Reactions: Team hammer
I don't know if this is worth a donation or not but this user explains how to use BlinkFeed on 3rd party launchers HERE :good:

I hate to rain on your parade, but the method from the link you posted requires running a 3rd party launcher on top of a Sense-based ROM, so it will not work on CM and other AOSP ROMs.

Marcismo55

Sep 29, 2010
Ventura, CA
thank you very much mate.:good::good::good::good::good::good::good::good:

No problem at all man.

I'm salivating at the thought of some AOSP on my One but If someone wants to see it and the camera doesn't work I'd be gutted! haha. Anxiously looking forward to the updates and some donations soon as well. Good luck guys! :D

I hate to rain on your parade, but the method from the link you posted requires running a 3rd party launcher on top of a Sense-based ROM, so it will not work on CM and other AOSP ROMs.

You sir are correct. My apology for the misleading info.

inffy

Jun 26, 2005
Helsinki, Finland

Blinkfeed will never come to CM. It needs Sense framework whoch od not opensoirce and anuways cm wouldn't use it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

tfouto

Jun 12, 2007
the camera from HTC wont work, right? Even Zoe and the highlights? That's sad...

inffy

Jun 26, 2005
Helsinki, Finland
the camera from HTC wont work, right? Even Zoe and the highlights? That's sad...

Of course they won't.

People have to understand the difference with AOSP and Sense.

AOSP is the pure Android experience straight from google, nothing "extra"

Sense is the iteration of Android which is made by HTC. Sense is more than a custom launcher, it has totally own frameworks which the Blinkfeed and Zoe etc require to work.

If you want to use those, you need to find a good Sense ROM (i recommend Trickdroid, or Viper when it comes).

CiDhed

May 14, 2009
St. Louis
Why would you use CM if you want blinkfeed and zoe? Stick with sense, we will enjoy our non-bloated(even though sense 5 is the lightest so far) aosp experience.

Reactions: ghost__

tfouto

Jun 12, 2007
Why would you use CM if you want blinkfeed and zoe? Stick with sense, we will enjoy our non-bloated(even though sense 5 is the lightest so far) aosp experience.

Am i suposed to answer that? More then blinkfeed, the camera and especially the camera highlights, is really a neat feature, IMHO. I dont think it's bloat. Just because it's extra doesn't mean it bad, or heavy. I dont need the rest of sense, and like to keep just the highlight camera capabilities. But i know it's not possible. Besides option is a good thing.

CM is good because you have always the latest Android version, with neat customizations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts