HTC ONE Complete Data loss Stuck in TWRP

Search This thread

aaronpw0621

Nov 15, 2013
Spokane
So somehow my HTC One m7vzw was wiped completely of everything from the ROM, system and data to recovery image, etc. Now I cant access the developers options to turn USB Debugging on. Is there anyway to recover from such an ordeal?? HELP PLEASE !!!!!!:(:(:(

mmuzzy

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 15, 2010
Henniker
So somehow my HTC One m7vzw was wiped completely of everything from the ROM, system and data to recovery image, etc. Now I cant access the developers options to turn USB Debugging on. Is there anyway to recover from such an ordeal?? HELP PLEASE !!!!!!:(:(:(

There is an ADB push option in TWRP which should let you put a ROM on the phone using:
adb push PUTROMENAMEHERE.zip /sdcard/.

or

You should be able to RUU something back onto the phone. Try to get to fastboot by rebooting to the bootloader from TWRP. Then you can use something like:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2485319 Firmware update if needed
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2437436 RUU image

or

Alternatively, if you have an OTG cable you should be able to select a flash drive as a source media in TWRP.

Last edited:

thatsonlyme

Jul 24, 2010
I had a similar issue a few days ago when I wiped everything including my internal storage without even thinking how am I going to get the rom.zip back on the card (all my previous phones had SD cards).

In order to avoid flashing RUU I used sideload in TWRP to load rom directly through ADB. the only issue I had was with the drivers because for some reason my PC wouldn't recognize the phone (even though I used the same PC to root it) so I downloaded universal drivers that I found somewhere on the XDA.
unfortunately I don't have the links saved but if you search sideload and universal drivers I'm sure you'll find it.

jpradley

Jul 6, 2010
New York
To activate Developer Options, go into Stettings, then About Phone, then find Build Number. Press Build Number seven times.

brholt6

Oct 10, 2013
To activate Developer Options, go into Stettings, then About Phone, then find Build Number. Press Build Number seven times.

You must have misread his post. Everything was wiped. There is no way to go to settings, etc. There is no rom.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

selayan

Jun 15, 2011
www.android-edge.com
Your options are to boot it to the bootloader manually by holding power and volume down, then go to fastboot and push a recovery to it, from there you can also push a Rom to your storage and then use recovery to install your Rom.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

aaronpw0621

Nov 15, 2013
Spokane
I tried installing a couple recoveries. A new TWRP and also CWM Recovery(hoped that worked since was the most recent recovery I used.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

selayan

Jun 15, 2011
www.android-edge.com
I tried installing a couple recoveries. A new TWRP and also CWM Recovery(hoped that worked since was the most recent recovery I used.

Once you have a recovery on there now just push a Rom using fastboot. Then boot into recovery and install Rom or if you already have a Rom on the internal storage just boot recovery and go from there.

aaronpw0621

Nov 15, 2013
Spokane
When I try using adb sideload in twrp the progress bar just keeps spinning.

selayan

Jun 15, 2011
www.android-edge.com
Instead of side load can't you push a rom through the pc in fastboot? Drivers on your pc may not be working properly with sideload.

bregga

Dec 23, 2011
you can try

You will need to reboot to recovery and enter fastboot
not sure if this is exact so research it lower case and caps are needed the way they are done in tuts i used copy and paste then edited
enter command prompt window change to where your adb stuff is
fastoot devices if you get a response with sn great
fastboot oemRUU
fastboot flash zip imagename.zip where imagename is the rom you want to put on
for recovery it is like
fastboot flash recovery imagename.zip where imagename is your custom recovery

aaronpw0621

Nov 15, 2013
Spokane
I have nothing on internal. Like I said all is wiped

Well I got it to get into recovery. I ended up using a HTC ONE all in one kit. So I got a stock like ROM and radio and firmware to get me going. Thing is now is when I try to sideload any ROM I keep getting stuck in either a bootloop or at the Boot Image. I still have SuperCid. I tried using the how-to on changing "mid" so that way I can use any variant ROM. But apparently I dont have a way to re-zip files :( So now going trying to sideload CM10.2 with GAPPS. Thing is is what I do sideload I cant find in storage. I just cant figure out why a few ROMS I had before now wont boot past the boot animation or just wont flash. PLEASE HELP