Mokee OpenSource ROM

Search This thread

hijax2001

Dec 4, 2010
I've not seen this ROM mentioned for Moto X before... but here it is:

http://download.mokeedev.com/?device=moto_msm8960dt

Details about this ROM:

MoKee OpenSource is based on the Google AOSP. We update our source code frequently to keep up with the latest development, and not forgetting to merge in special features of our own at the same time.

A small group of people from around the world who are interested in Android launched this project on the 12th of December 2012, and is committed to make this ROM better and better. Like most contributors of open source projects (Omni, CyanogenMod, Slim AOSPA etc), we are doing all these in our free time as our passion...

Since this project is open source, anyone interested can participate in the development (maintain new devices, contribute code etc). Newcomers are always welcomed!
Read here for developer application: http://www.mfunz.com/en/developer-application, you can host your unofficial MoKee builds on our server!

Some benefits of Mokee:

Phone & Messaging

Quick contacts look up, speed dialing, caller location and other useful features

Colorful Themes

Unleash the creative side of you, customize how your phone looks; make it cool, make it colorful!

Smart Controls

Increase your productivity with Active Display, Lockscreen Notifications and other shortcuts

Power Saver

With our unique battery saving strategies, get the most out of your phone's battery

Snippet from a review at techgeekal.com

"Some would accuse me of wrongly placing mokee OS above giants like PA and CM. But I shall give you the reasons why I have done that. First and foremost this ROM has all of the features the above mentioned CM11 has like dual SIM compatibility and being absolutely bug less. But it comes with the added incentive of a number of other features that CM lacks. Things like Multi Windows, List view animations, Halo, Active display including various others are not found in CM natively but in Mokee OS these work absolutely perfectly. Now some may even say that PAC and Carbon too have some of these features, but they lack dual SIM support which is why this is currently the ROM to beat. Its got everything you can ask for, from features to stability. And they are constantly adding new features which makes it even better."

I'm going to flash it now, and will post my opinion shortly...

hijax2001

Dec 4, 2010
First impressions:

1) Buttery smooth, polished and snappy; CM11-type setup process. Some native Chinese options appear right off (not of interest to me, but I wanted to mention that it was easy to select English as the default...)

2) I'm using an XT1060 Verizon Moto X. And while the ROM states it's for the msm8960dt, I waited several (uncomfortable) minutes on first launch before it detected a cell signal. All seems fine now. Strength is on par with CM11 4.4.4. I haven't used the ROM long enough to know if Mokee shares the same problems as CM11...

3) Really nice OTA interface, with frequency choices as to how often it checks for new versions to update.

4) The ROM throws up the error that ART is not officially supported, but you can easily select it in Settings/Developer Options and reboot. If you haven't done this before, I was quickly reminded that it takes FOREVER to convert all of your apps to ART...

5) Supports Cyanogenmod Themes - nice touch. I love the Flux theme (all but their icons - I substitute Velur).

6) I seem to be able to scroll up and down pages with this ROM faster than any other I've used before. Render time is incredible.

More soon...

Last edited:

hijax2001

Dec 4, 2010
1080p option...though they must have their labeling backwards...that should be for "rear camera"...

Sent from my Moto X using XDA Premium HD app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1405257076385.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1405257076385.png
    100 KB · Views: 840

Shyciii

Oct 12, 2011
OnePlus 7T Pro
I used PA 4.4.4 gapps and it is working beautifully.
A little lag here and there but not a deal-breaker.
Now I just need to test gps and if it has no issues, this will be my daily driver for now.

I used PA Gapps, and google keyboard force closed. Then wipe data and cache, then install rom, and doesn't install gapps, and reboot to rom. And the rom contains gapps. Hmmm...

hijax2001

Dec 4, 2010
I used PA 4.4.4 gapps also. I don't stay with other ROMs too long, as Verizon seems to really be sensitive with signals when I'm not on stock... so I didn't get to test the Active Display function. Either way, Floatify, DynamicNotifications, and NotifierPro are all great solutions for any ROM. I did notice lockscreen notification swipe panes on Mokee were functioning and nice though.

A few very minor issues with a couple of apps...I couldn't get BackDrop Root Pro, for example, to recognize that BusyBox was indeed installed.

I would likely have kept it if it weren't for the signal.

PS - I cant recall exactly where, but I believe if you install the ROM and then go to Settings / Mokee Center / Extras, you will see that the ROM will allow you to download and install gapps right from there... :)

Last edited:

poncespr

Jul 22, 2007
Vega Baja
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
I used PA Gapps, and google keyboard force closed. Then wipe data and cache, then install rom, and doesn't install gapps, and reboot to rom. And the rom contains gapps. Hmmm...

I am using the release version of Mookie, not the nightly build, with pa_gapps-stock-4.4.4-20140629-signed.
I did a complete wipe including system folder.
So far I have two single issues after using this rom all day and they are minimal.
1. I had a f/c when I received my first call after installing the rom. The issue has not repeated itself after several incoming calls.
2. Btooth does not seem to be sending music data to my car stereo, which usually displays music information.
These two issues are all that I've had after a full day of use.

A couple of things.
Battery life is good. Seems a little bit better even, compared to stock, at least fot me. Still the best battery life I have had so far is with Krypton.
I used the camera, gps, bluetooth, wifi, wired and wireless headstes and had absolutely zero issues.
Call quality is good, as well as volume. There are no speakerphone issues. Gps locks very fast and stays locked.
CM11 themes work perfectly. And camera seems to be working fine.
I love the little touches added to the rom.
All in all, I say this is superb, and for a new rom, it feels like it is ready for prime time.

imparables

Oct 5, 2010
New Jerz
ROM is running very smooth without any issues...using gapps 6.30.2014 with an unlocked, non Dev, VZW Moto X. The theming is very nice too....

Sent from my Unlocked VZW M-O-T-O XxX

poncespr

Jul 22, 2007
Vega Baja
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
And about 1080p back câmera record?

1080p option...though they must have their labeling backwards...that should be for "rear camera"...

Sent from my Moto X using XDA Premium HD app

Translation has been corrected on yesterdays release, it now displays front and rear cameras correct resolution.
But rear facing camera has been limited to 320x240. It is the front facing camera that can record up to 1080p.
Photo resolution seems to be ok.
Battery usage looks higher now, on last release.

imparables

Oct 5, 2010
New Jerz
Wonder why this was moved to general from the development section. This is very solid ROM with consistent nightlies.....been using it as my DD. Very smooth.....

D

Darth

Wonder why this was moved to general from the development section. This is very solid ROM with consistent nightlies.....been using it as my DD. Very smooth.....

Because the developer is not here....there's no kernel source code linked....there's a very specific set of rules/guidelines for posting a rom in the development section. ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've not seen this ROM mentioned for Moto X before... but here it is:

http://download.mokeedev.com/?device=moto_msm8960dt

Details about this ROM:

MoKee OpenSource is based on the Google AOSP. We update our source code frequently to keep up with the latest development, and not forgetting to merge in special features of our own at the same time.

A small group of people from around the world who are interested in Android launched this project on the 12th of December 2012, and is committed to make this ROM better and better. Like most contributors of open source projects (Omni, CyanogenMod, Slim AOSPA etc), we are doing all these in our free time as our passion...

Since this project is open source, anyone interested can participate in the development (maintain new devices, contribute code etc). Newcomers are always welcomed!
    Read here for developer application: http://www.mfunz.com/en/developer-application, you can host your unofficial MoKee builds on our server!

Some benefits of Mokee:

Phone & Messaging

Quick contacts look up, speed dialing, caller location and other useful features

Colorful Themes

Unleash the creative side of you, customize how your phone looks; make it cool, make it colorful!

Smart Controls

Increase your productivity with Active Display, Lockscreen Notifications and other shortcuts

Power Saver

With our unique battery saving strategies, get the most out of your phone's battery

Snippet from a review at techgeekal.com

"Some would accuse me of wrongly placing mokee OS above giants like PA and CM. But I shall give you the reasons why I have done that. First and foremost this ROM has all of the features the above mentioned CM11 has like dual SIM compatibility and being absolutely bug less. But it comes with the added incentive of a number of other features that CM lacks. Things like Multi Windows, List view animations, Halo, Active display including various others are not found in CM natively but in Mokee OS these work absolutely perfectly. Now some may even say that PAC and Carbon too have some of these features, but they lack dual SIM support which is why this is currently the ROM to beat. Its got everything you can ask for, from features to stability. And they are constantly adding new features which makes it even better."

I'm going to flash it now, and will post my opinion shortly...
    First impressions:

1) Buttery smooth, polished and snappy; CM11-type setup process. Some native Chinese options appear right off (not of interest to me, but I wanted to mention that it was easy to select English as the default...)

2) I'm using an XT1060 Verizon Moto X. And while the ROM states it's for the msm8960dt, I waited several (uncomfortable) minutes on first launch before it detected a cell signal. All seems fine now. Strength is on par with CM11 4.4.4. I haven't used the ROM long enough to know if Mokee shares the same problems as CM11...

3) Really nice OTA interface, with frequency choices as to how often it checks for new versions to update.

4) The ROM throws up the error that ART is not officially supported, but you can easily select it in Settings/Developer Options and reboot. If you haven't done this before, I was quickly reminded that it takes FOREVER to convert all of your apps to ART...

5) Supports Cyanogenmod Themes - nice touch. I love the Flux theme (all but their icons - I substitute Velur).

6) I seem to be able to scroll up and down pages with this ROM faster than any other I've used before. Render time is incredible.

More soon...
    Doh! After updating to 7/12 I'm having signal and GPS issues.
    Going back to previous version to see if it is resolved.

Changelogs documented here: http://changelog.mokeedev.com/index.php?mk_version=MK44

Yes it is.
    I am also using it as my daily rom.
    Like it much better than stock.