[INDEX] Kindle Fire | 1st Gen 2011

Search This thread

Thepooch

Mar 31, 2012
No present activity. You might try asking the developers that question.

Sblood86

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 18, 2011
Middle of nowhere, Texas
I am very interested in this build too...but for some reason my wifi strength cut in half... couldn't get reception 2 rooms over.. restored my cm9 worked perfect

sent from a kindle fire on cm 9

Yeah that's most likely kernel related honestly; the stock kernel in those builds is ancient so make sure you are updating to something like intersectravens or similar; I'm going to be looking into replacing the kernel again when I get some spare time, I think it's a good idea to have at least some support for the older OS versions.

So are ICS roms not really used/updated anymore; is everything pretty much on Jellybean now?

If there's a demand for it I may be able to do a ics build w/ a pseudo-monthly update just like gingerbread; if I do what build would y'all want?

Edit: probably be best for another thread for the above question, let's not flood Thepooch's index :D (I'll create one in a moment that I can use for the build later).

Answer away, you'll only get one so choose wisely: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1921409

Last edited:
Reactions: Thepooch

Thepooch

Mar 31, 2012
I think it would be great to see an updated ICS build come out. AOKP is pretty nice for customizing.:D Just please no pink unicorns.;) The charging drivers are probably the biggest obstacle. I wonder how close that is at this point to being fixed?

Last edited:
Reactions: Guitarman

anpgr

Apr 11, 2006
Switching ROMs

I'm sure this has been asked b4 but so if you know please point me to the right place. I've got the latest ICS GedeROM installed on my Kindle Fire 1st gen and thinking of switching to another one - is there a smooth upgrade path or will I need to wipe out my apps and re-install them?

soupmagnet

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 7, 2012
Austin, TX
Google Pixel 6
I'm sure this has been asked b4 but so if you know please point me to the right place. I've got the latest ICS GedeROM installed on my Kindle Fire 1st gen and thinking of switching to another one - is there a smooth upgrade path or will I need to wipe out my apps and re-install them?
Titanium Backup will save your apps and app data, and restore it for you as well.

Reactions: robert_z

404-Not Found

Sep 12, 2012
Phoenix
Re: [INDEX] Kindle Fire Development *REVISED NIGHTLY*

Is there any ROM with working Mic that is no GB(CM7) but rather 4.0 and up, preferably 4.1(CM10 and CM10.1)?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda app-developers app

alan-31

May 7, 2012
So many roms for this one device? Nice. I need the rom which is the fastest and has the least lag. No bugs and I dont need any frills. Any suggestions? Right now I have Otter which disabled the screen orientation in the last update.
I dont like switching roms a lot because I have to setup everything again so I only want to switch one time.

Thepooch

Mar 31, 2012
So many roms for this one device? Nice. I need the rom which is the fastest and has the least lag. No bugs and I dont need any frills. Any suggestions? Right now I have Otter which disabled the screen orientation in the last update.
I dont like switching roms a lot because I have to setup everything again so I only want to switch one time.
Most of the jelly bean variety are lag free but I guess you wont know till you try.

A

AndroidSlave

What's the fastest ROM at the moment? My Kindle Fire is very slow.

This type of question is banned by XDA as it is tantamount to a 'which ROM is best' question, which is subjective and causes arguments. Furthermore, this is an index thread.

The answer to which is fastest is try them out, read the threads, and decide for yourself.

However your KF has very limited hardware, so no ROM will be 'zippy fast'.

Good luck in your search.

PS: did you not even bother to read the 2 posts directly above yours?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

imtoomuch

Dec 28, 2011
Phoenixville
This type of question is banned by XDA as it is tantamount to a 'which ROM is best' question, which is subjective and causes arguments. Furthermore, this is an index thread.

The answer to which is fastest is try them out, read the threads, and decide for yourself.

However your KF has very limited hardware, so no ROM will be 'zippy fast'.

Good luck in your search.

PS: did you not even bother to read the 2 posts directly above yours?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks, Dad!
Toolbag-150x150.jpg

tlogan23

Jan 24, 2008
BLU R1 HD
Thank you

After running various ROMs for nearly a year and enjoying the efforts by the developers to extend the abilities of the original Kindle Fire. The bad news is I am retiring my Kindle Fire and have reverted it back to the stock ROM. The good news is that I am waiting for delivery of my new Asus MeMo HD 7.

Thank you all Kindle Fire developers, and contributors to the forum. XDA Developers are the Platinum standard for all things Android.

I am of course will still monitor (with my XDA developer's app) things, looking forward to seeing some ROMs for my new tablet.:fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts