[Q] Challenge: I've messed up my new RAZR

Search This thread

krYshuT

Jun 29, 2011
Hey XDA! Just picked up new Droid RAZR M (XT907) and immediately messed it up on the first day. So here's the deal:

- I'm an idiot.
- Got it with 98.30.1 FW, so I used this method to root it: http://www.droidviews.com/root-verizon-droid-razr-m-razr-hd-maxx-hd-latest-firmware/
- Forgot to unlock the bootloader
- Installed ROM Manager and flashed CWM recovery

And this must have messed up something, because now I'm not able to:
- Unlock my bootloader
- Get into recovery, it returns this error: "failed to hab check for recovery 0x56"

I'm clueless now, since I have not much knowledge in this stuff...
I'd be so thankful if anyone could help me :)

Thanks!

Edit: Will this help me? http://www.phonearena.com/news/How-...-M-back-to-stock-ICS-from-the-JB-leak_id35580

Edit 2: Okay, so that didn't help, but I used "DROID RAZR M Utility 1.20" from mattlgroff and I was successful with bringing OG recovery back. However, I found out that the bootloader on my build just can't be unlocked. I also tried to install Safestrap and install CM on another slot, but it failed with status 6. Why is that? Or is there just any other way how to install any ROM?

Last edited:

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
Hey XDA! Just picked up new Droid RAZR M (XT907) and immediately messed it up on the first day. So here's the deal:

- I'm an idiot.
- Got it with 98.30.1 FW, so I used this method to root it: http://www.droidviews.com/root-verizon-droid-razr-m-razr-hd-maxx-hd-latest-firmware/
- Forgot to unlock the bootloader
- Installed ROM Manager and flashed CWM recovery

And this must have messed up something, because now I'm not able to:
- Unlock my bootloader
- Get into recovery, it returns this error: "failed to hab check for recovery 0x56"

I'm clueless now, since I have not much knowledge in this stuff...
I'd be so thankful if anyone could help me :)

Thanks!

Edit: Will this help me? http://www.phonearena.com/news/How-...-M-back-to-stock-ICS-from-the-JB-leak_id35580

Edit 2: Okay, so that didn't help, but I used "DROID RAZR M Utility 1.20" from mattlgroff and I was successful with bringing OG recovery back. However, I found out that the bootloader on my build just can't be unlocked. I also tried to install Safestrap and install CM on another slot, but it failed with status 6. Why is that? Or is there just any other way how to install any ROM?
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=45548210&postcount=3

krYshuT

Jun 29, 2011
Thanks, but I don't need that. I just expected a simple answer. So I'll just answer myself, sum up what I needed to know. Correct me if I'm wrong:

- There's no way I'm going to unlock my BL, I'm stuck with locked BL on my build
- There's no way I'm going to install CM (not even using SS)
- I can only wait on official Motorola KitKat update (coming in months???)
- I can also install some stock-based ROMs with SS

Yeah, I don't wanna Safestrap with custom stock-based ROMs if it can't be official CM. I'll rather keep my internal storage space with stock, disable bloat and wait for official 4.4.2 update...

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
Thanks, but I don't need that. I just expected a simple answer. So I'll just answer myself, sum up what I needed to know. Correct me if I'm wrong:

- There's no way I'm going to unlock my BL, I'm stuck with locked BL on my build

Yeah, IFon't wanna Safestrap with custom stock-based ROMs if it can't be official CM. I'll rather keep my internal storage space with stock, disable bloat and wait for official 4.4.2 update...

Simple answer.
Do you know how many times it has been summed up! For you to find if you just searched! Or just browsed the thread titles in the general forum!
That page is all YOU need.
We need it sticked.
There is an old ss cm btw. See dev section.

Last edited:

krYshuT

Jun 29, 2011
Simple answer.
That page is all YOU need.
We need it sticked.
There is an old ss cm btw. See dev section.

Yeah, that page is also A LOT of stuff I DO NOT need.
You didn't get that. Simple answer is something else than you may think and also best answer is something really distant.
I just wanted a direct response or confirmation of what I said, not this negativism. Yeah, but what could I expect, typical XDA attitude...

aviwdoowks

Sep 18, 2012
You didn't get that. Simple answer is something else than you may think and also best answer is something really distant.
I just wanted a direct response or confirmation of what I said, not this negativism. Yeah, but what could I expect, typical XDA attitude...

I wanted...
We do not need the likes of you!

ezknives

Jul 21, 2013

I do apologize you fell this way about the members here at xda... Here at xda we help a lot of people, take time from our day away from our loved ones to assist those in need... Avi helps a lot members a lot of members... You have to understand that your issue your question has been answered and resolved several times prior to this post... I'm sure just scrolling through the topics reading the titles you would have found the answer/s to your question/s (probably answered by Avi)... I understand the search feature of xda may not result in what you are looking for but google will... We do get very tired of answering the same questions over and over again... So i apologize for the "negativism" but Why help those who won't help them selves... knowledge is power and reading is the key...

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: aviwdoowks

dreamersipaq

Jun 11, 2008

Yeah, I don't wanna Safestrap with custom stock-based ROMs if it can't be official CM. I'll rather keep my internal storage space with stock, disable bloat and wait for official 4.4.2 update...

To answer your question, yes to all. And before you jump so quick as to label this typical xda attitude, keep in mind I can label you typical self entitled noob expects everything on a silver platter. People get tired of answering the same question a hundred times over... Guess your number in line. Anytime you're dealing with a locked BL it's a good idea to learn all the intricacies of your phone, which is precisely where you were referred to.... And precisely where I had to start too. That said, politeness and gratitude will get you farther in getting noob answers quicker, which none of your posts contained.

krYshuT

Jun 29, 2011
Thanks! :) I'm sorry if it sounded rude, I'm really grateful for any type of help. I've spent like 5h in all kinds of threads, but most of the time I just get "half-answers" from just reading and reading and reading. I'm not expecting any type of extremely thorough answer, just a direct answer with confirming of what I said. Sending me another link (which I already read) just makes me even more confused. I just found out for example, that Koush's Helium doesn't work on Motorola devices. Does that apply for root method, too? If so, are there any other alternatives to backup & restore on my RAZR M (without and with root)?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

To answer your question, yes to all. And before you jump so quick as to label this typical xda attitude, keep in mind I can label you typical self entitled noob expects everything on a silver platter. People get tired of answering the same question a hundred times over... Guess your number in line. Anytime you're dealing with a locked BL it's a good idea to learn all the intricacies of your phone, which is precisely where you were referred to.... And precisely where I had to start too. That said, politeness and gratitude will get you farther in getting noob answers quicker, which none of your posts contained.

I do apologize you fell this way about the members here at xda... Here at xda we help a lot of people, take time from our day away from our loved ones to assist those in need... Avi helps a lot members a lot of members... You have to understand that your issue your question has been answered and resolved several times prior to this post... I'm sure just scrolling through the topics reading the titles you would have found the answer/s to your question/s (probably answered by Avi)... I understand the search feature of xda may not result in what you are looking for but google will... We do get very tired of answering the same questions over and over again... So i apologize for the "negativism" but Why help those who won't help them selves... knowledge is power and reading is the key...

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app