EASY STEPS >>> STOCK ODIN LOLLIPOP N900TUVUFOB6 -> CF-ROOT -> TWRP -> SD-FIX -> Done!

Search This thread

TEKHD

Inactive Recognized Developer / XDA Portal Scout
EASY STEPS >>> STOCK ODIN LOLLIPOP N900TUVUFOB6 -> CF-ROOT -> TWRP -> SD-FIX -> Done!

> > > THIS THREAD IS ABOUT HOW TO ROOT & FLASH CUSTOM RECOVERY TO YOUR NEW T-MOBILE N900TUVUFOB6 (NEWEST LOLLIPOP v5 ROM FOR SM-N900T NOTE 3) < < <

tekhd_fg_xda_sig.png

-> NEW!!! BEFORE YOU START THIS AWESOME ROOT GUIDE... PLEASE, PLEASE GO HERE!!! AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR THE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPING OF A NOTE 3 DUALBOOT KERNEL/SCRIPT/MENU SOLUTION <-
Just a comment is enough!!!

thread updated to lollipop

start at post #385 page 39

-> LOLLIPOP STOCK BOOT/SHUTDOWN ANIMATIONS -> POST #2 (Flashable ZIP via TWRP) <-

-> LOLLIPOP EXTERNAL SD CARD WRITE FIX -> POST #3 (Flashable ZIP via TWRP) <-

>>> GIVE THANKS TO CHAINFIRE EACH TIME YOU SEE A POST FROM HIM & OF COURSE THE TWRP TEAM! (Specially @bigbiff) THIS IS THE SOURCE POST

> > Before Beginning please note that this will trip your KNOX Counter!!!
> Please read this useful post for more information about KNOX!

divider-line1.png

˅ ˅ ˅ - - - G U I D E - - - S T A R T S - - - H E R E - - - ˅ ˅ ˅

WHAT YOU WILL NEED > > > Chainfire's CF-AutoRoot & RECOVERY TWRP . Also, just in case, Samsung USB Drivers.

-> ROM N900TUVUFOB6 Can be downloaded from [HERE] (SamMobile)

INSTALLING ROM . . .

STEP -3 -> Make sure you have already the Samsung USB Drivers installed; if not... Download them from the link above and install them.

STEP -2 -> Unzip the ROM (file name N900TUVUFOB6_N900TTMBFOB6_TMB.zip) & the CF-ROOT File (CF-Auto-Root-hltetmo-hltetmo-smn900t.zip)

STEP -1 -> You will now have a program called Odin3 v3.07.exe... Run the program as Administrator (Right click, run as administrator) Once you open Odin3 v3.07.exe you will have a screen with only 2 checkmarks on it:

n3_odin.png

ON THE PHONE -> Then Turn OFF Your Phone and Turn it back ON by pressing POWER + VOLUME DOWN + HOME button together at the same time. A Warning Screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter DOWNLOAD MODE.

> > > NOW CONNECT PHONE TO PC VIA USB < < <

STEP 0 -> Make sure your program looks like the picture above... Now click on PDA and browse for the file N900TUVUFOB6_N900TTMBFOB6_N900TUVUFOB6_HOME.tar.md5.

>>> Now, If you are a 100% sure that your program looks like the picture above... Click START

READ THIS!!!
*** IMPORTANT NOTE #1:

AFTER THE ROM IS FLASHED, THE PHONE WILL REBOOT AND YOU WILL SEE A BLUE BAR FOR A FEW SECONDS, AFTER THIS BLUE BAR DISAPPEARS, THE PHONE WILL REBOOT AGAIN; AT THIS MOMENT YOU MAY WANT TO BE READY AND BE ALREADY PRESSING VOLUME DOWN + HOME BUTTONS. THE IDEA BEHIND THIS, IS TO CATCH DOWNLOAD MODE BEFORE THE OS (LOLLIPOP) ACTUALLY BOOTS FOR THE FIRST TIME. THIS WILL SOLVE THE CF-AUTO-ROOT OR TWRP NOT STICKING REPORTED BY SOME USERS

n3_odin2.png

n3_flash.png

n3_odin3.png

-> The program will flash the ROM for a few moments then the phone will reboot by itself...
-> You now have New LOLLIPOP v5 TMO ROM, as soon as you finish looking at the new ROM, TURN OFF PHONE AGAIN > > > CONTINUE . . .

ROOTING LOLLIPOP v5 N900TUVUFOB6 ROM . . . (N900TUVUFOB6)

STEP 1 -> Run Odin3 v3.07.exe as Administrator (Right click, run as administrator) Once you open Odin3 v3.07.exe you will have a screen with only 2 checkmarks on it:

n3_cf.png

ON THE PHONE -> Then Turn OFF Your Phone and Turn it back ON by pressing POWER + VOLUME DOWN + HOME button together at the same time. A Warning Screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter DOWNLOAD MODE.

STEP 2 -> Make sure your program looks like the picture above... Now click on PDA and browse for the file CF-Auto-Root-hltetmo-hltetmo-smn900t.tar.md5.

>>> Now, If you are a 100% sure that your program looks like the picture above... Click START

READ THIS!!!
*** IMPORTANT NOTE #2:

AFTER THE CF-AUTO-ROOT IS FLASHED, THE PHONE WILL REBOOT AND YOU WILL SEE A RED ANDROID FOR A FEW SECONDS, AFTER THIS RED ANDROID DISAPPEARS, THE PHONE WILL REBOOT AGAIN; AT THIS MOMENT YOU MAY WANT TO BE READY AND BE ALREADY PRESSING VOLUME DOWN + HOME BUTTONS. THE IDEA BEHIND THIS, IS TO CATCH DOWNLOAD MODE BEFORE THE OS (LOLLIPOP) ACTUALLY BOOTS FOR THE FIRST TIME. THIS WILL SOLVE THE CF-AUTO-ROOT OR TWRP NOT STICKING REPORTED BY SOME USERS

n3_root.png

-> The program will flash the Chainfire's CF-AutoRoot for a few seconds then the phone will reboot by itself, you will see a RED ANDROID... and the phone will boot into Android again...

-> Android is Rooted,...!*! You now have a Rooted LOLLIPOP v5 TMO ROM.

CUSTOM RECOVERY (TWRP RECOVERY)

STEP 3 Now, TURN OFF PHONE AGAIN > > > DOWNLOAD MODE AGAIN (by pressing POWER + VOLUME DOWN + HOME button together at the same time. A Warning Screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter DOWNLOAD MODE)

n3_twrp.png

STEP 4 -> Now open ODIN v.3.07, (as administrator) then click on PDA and browse for the file openrecovery-twrp-2.8.5.0-hltetmo-4.4.img.tar.

>>> Now, If you are a 100% sure that your program looks like the picture above... Click START > > PHONE WILL REBOOT AFTER FLASHING RECOVERY . . .

-> DONE!!! Android is now Rooted with Custom Recovery!

-> LOLLIPOP STOCK BOOT/SHUTDOWN ANIMATIONS -> POST #2 (Flashable ZIP via TWRP) <-

> > > I just ask for a simple . . .
thanks.png

Last edited:

TEKHD

Last edited:

TEKHD

LOLLIPOP SD Card Write Fix (Atomatic Method)

Flashable ZIP Via Recovery (TWRP): (Flash by turning on phone with Power + Volume UP + Home Button)

Download:

http://g2k.serveftp.net/xda/tmo_n900t_extsd_fix_tekhd.zip

Now all apps will be able to write to external SD Card...

>>> This works with LolliPop stock rom... Tested already with Root Explorer, Titanium Backup, Opera, Dolphin Browser, Ttorrent... all able to perfectly write directly to external sd card. Test by copying any file to external sd card using Root Explorer.

Now that you are done... you may want to install this awesome NOTE 4 ROM: by @TEKHD

Screenshot_2015-03-20-19-05-48.png

Screenshot_2015-03-20-19-13-13.jpg

Screenshot_2015-03-20-19-16-59.jpg

Screenshot_2015-03-19-01-53-29.jpg

Screenshot_2015-03-20-19-13-46.png

ROM Thread: http://xdaforums.com/note-3-tmobile/development/rom-dompop-urv1-tekhd-edition-note-4-t3060175

thanks.png

Last edited:
This is the method I used and I can say the pattern lock works for me.

Does the lock screen pattern work? Please advise.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Great guide, well layout and easy to follow.

Reactions: TEKHD

tbukkos

Oct 17, 2009
Does this method trip the 0x1 Knox flag? if yes, is there any known way to get root on KitKat without tripping the Knox flag?

^ So yes it will. However, T-Mobile doesn't care that much about it as some of us have found out.

TOTALLY understand if you're unsure about it, and should wait for a method that doesn't trip the knox when rooting. It won't happen tomorrow or the next day, so be patient.

Does this method trip the 0x1 Knox flag? if yes, is there any known way to get root on KitKat without tripping the Knox flag?

Reactions: DsturbD

docangle

Feb 3, 2005
Quick question does this 'Wipe' Your device (Data Partition)? I have used CF-Auto Root in the Past so my Warranty has been tripped, does this cause any issues?

dragonstalker

Jan 1, 2008
Fort Myers, Fla
Quick question does this 'Wipe' Your device (Data Partition)? I have used CF-Auto Root in the Past so my Warranty has been tripped, does this cause any issues?

sorry, i know this is going to come off sounding wrong, and really there is no way of asking without it sounding wrong.

Did you read anything on this forum at all?

I spent the better part of yesterday answering and making Q&A threads, and most of the other people have also. I mean seriously people, i'm seeing the same question asked 2 and 3 times on the same page. This how to guide was made because people are refusing to read, and then you guys are not even reading the whole guide. You want quality work, got it, you have questions, got it, and they are all valid questions. But the valid questions have been answered.

There's a update Q&A and update discussion thread in the T-Mobile Note 3 General Section. in the 15 pages each release put out yesterday, there are numerous answers to anything you can think of.

But please search before asking a question.

TEKHD

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

> > > THIS THREAD IS ABOUT HOW TO ROOT & FLASH CUSTOM RECOVERY TO YOUR NEW T-MOBILE N900TUVUFOB6 (NEWEST LOLLIPOP v5 ROM FOR SM-N900T NOTE 3) < < <

tekhd_fg_xda_sig.png

-> NEW!!! BEFORE YOU START THIS AWESOME ROOT GUIDE... PLEASE, PLEASE GO HERE!!! AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR THE RESEARCH AND DEVELOPING OF A NOTE 3 DUALBOOT KERNEL/SCRIPT/MENU SOLUTION <-
    Just a comment is enough!!!

thread updated to lollipop

start at post #385 page 39

>>> GIVE THANKS TO CHAINFIRE EACH TIME YOU SEE A POST FROM HIM & OF COURSE THE TWRP TEAM! (Specially @bigbiff) THIS IS THE SOURCE POST

> > Before Beginning please note that this will trip your KNOX Counter!!!
    > Please read this useful post for more information about KNOX!

divider-line1.png

˅ ˅ ˅ - - - G U I D E - - - S T A R T S - - - H E R E - - - ˅ ˅ ˅

WHAT YOU WILL NEED > > > Chainfire's CF-AutoRoot & RECOVERY TWRP . Also, just in case, Samsung USB Drivers.

-> ROM N900TUVUFOB6 Can be downloaded from [HERE] (SamMobile)

INSTALLING ROM . . .

STEP -3 -> Make sure you have already the Samsung USB Drivers installed; if not... Download them from the link above and install them.

STEP -2 -> Unzip the ROM (file name N900TUVUFOB6_N900TTMBFOB6_TMB.zip) & the CF-ROOT File (CF-Auto-Root-hltetmo-hltetmo-smn900t.zip)

STEP -1 -> You will now have a program called Odin3 v3.07.exe... Run the program as Administrator (Right click, run as administrator) Once you open Odin3 v3.07.exe you will have a screen with only 2 checkmarks on it:

n3_odin.png

STEP 0 -> Make sure your program looks like the picture above... Now click on PDA and browse for the file N900TUVUFOB6_N900TTMBFOB6_N900TUVUFOB6_HOME.tar.md5.

READ THIS!!!
    *** IMPORTANT NOTE #1:

AFTER THE ROM IS FLASHED, THE PHONE WILL REBOOT AND YOU WILL SEE A BLUE BAR FOR A FEW SECONDS, AFTER THIS BLUE BAR DISAPPEARS, THE PHONE WILL REBOOT AGAIN; AT THIS MOMENT YOU MAY WANT TO BE READY AND BE ALREADY PRESSING VOLUME DOWN + HOME BUTTONS. THE IDEA BEHIND THIS, IS TO CATCH DOWNLOAD MODE BEFORE THE OS (LOLLIPOP) ACTUALLY BOOTS FOR THE FIRST TIME. THIS WILL SOLVE THE CF-AUTO-ROOT OR TWRP NOT STICKING REPORTED BY SOME USERS

n3_odin2.png

n3_flash.png

n3_odin3.png

-> The program will flash the ROM for a few moments then the phone will reboot by itself...
    -> You now have New LOLLIPOP v5 TMO ROM, as soon as you finish looking at the new ROM, TURN OFF PHONE AGAIN > > > CONTINUE . . .

ROOTING LOLLIPOP v5 N900TUVUFOB6 ROM . . . (N900TUVUFOB6)

STEP 1 -> Run Odin3 v3.07.exe as Administrator (Right click, run as administrator) Once you open Odin3 v3.07.exe you will have a screen with only 2 checkmarks on it:

n3_cf.png

STEP 2 -> Make sure your program looks like the picture above... Now click on PDA and browse for the file CF-Auto-Root-hltetmo-hltetmo-smn900t.tar.md5.

READ THIS!!!
    *** IMPORTANT NOTE #2:

AFTER THE CF-AUTO-ROOT IS FLASHED, THE PHONE WILL REBOOT AND YOU WILL SEE A RED ANDROID FOR A FEW SECONDS, AFTER THIS RED ANDROID DISAPPEARS, THE PHONE WILL REBOOT AGAIN; AT THIS MOMENT YOU MAY WANT TO BE READY AND BE ALREADY PRESSING VOLUME DOWN + HOME BUTTONS. THE IDEA BEHIND THIS, IS TO CATCH DOWNLOAD MODE BEFORE THE OS (LOLLIPOP) ACTUALLY BOOTS FOR THE FIRST TIME. THIS WILL SOLVE THE CF-AUTO-ROOT OR TWRP NOT STICKING REPORTED BY SOME USERS

n3_root.png

-> The program will flash the Chainfire's CF-AutoRoot for a few seconds then the phone will reboot by itself, you will see a RED ANDROID... and the phone will boot into Android again...

-> Android is Rooted,...!*! You now have a Rooted LOLLIPOP v5 TMO ROM.

CUSTOM RECOVERY (TWRP RECOVERY)

STEP 3 Now, TURN OFF PHONE AGAIN > > > DOWNLOAD MODE AGAIN (by pressing POWER + VOLUME DOWN + HOME button together at the same time. A Warning Screen will come up; press Volume Up button to enter DOWNLOAD MODE)

n3_twrp.png

STEP 4 -> Now open ODIN v.3.07, (as administrator) then click on PDA and browse for the file openrecovery-twrp-2.8.5.0-hltetmo-4.4.img.tar.

>>> Now, If you are a 100% sure that your program looks like the picture above... Click START > > PHONE WILL REBOOT AFTER FLASHING RECOVERY . . .

-> DONE!!! Android is now Rooted with Custom Recovery!

thanks.png
    LOLLIPOP BOOT/SHUTDOWN ANIMATIONS FOR TMO STOCK LOLLIPOP 5...

> > > Boot Screen Customizations < < <

>> After you are done with the guide above, you may want to change the boot screen / shutdown screen to the LOLLIPOP Stock (or revert back to TMO Stock)

lollipop.jpg

> LOLLIPOP STOCK BOOT/SHUTDOWN ANIMATION WITH SOUND
    > T-MOBILE STOCK BOOT/SHUTDOWN ANIMATION WITH SOUND (in case you want to revert)

thanks.png
    LOLLIPOP SD Card Write Fix (Atomatic Method)

Flashable ZIP Via Recovery (TWRP): (Flash by turning on phone with Power + Volume UP + Home Button)

Download:

http://g2k.serveftp.net/xda/tmo_n900t_extsd_fix_tekhd.zip

Now all apps will be able to write to external SD Card...

>>> This works with LolliPop stock rom... Tested already with Root Explorer, Titanium Backup, Opera, Dolphin Browser, Ttorrent... all able to perfectly write directly to external sd card. Test by copying any file to external sd card using Root Explorer.

Now that you are done... you may want to install this awesome NOTE 4 ROM: by @TEKHD

Screenshot_2015-03-20-19-05-48.png

Screenshot_2015-03-20-19-13-13.jpg

Screenshot_2015-03-20-19-16-59.jpg

Screenshot_2015-03-19-01-53-29.jpg

Screenshot_2015-03-20-19-13-46.png

ROM Thread: http://xdaforums.com/note-3-tmobile/development/rom-dompop-urv1-tekhd-edition-note-4-t3060175

thanks.png
    OK !

First off.

THIS GUIDE IS FOR INSTALLING AND ROOTING THE UVUCNB4 T-MOBILE ROM AND THAT ROM ONLY. FOR THE PEOPLE WANTING TO INSTALL AND RUN INT. ROM. GO TO THE INTERNATIONAL FORUM.

If you refuse to follow the steps here, your questions will be ignored.
    If you fail to read the T-MOBILE FORUM (yes there's a Q&A Thread for all this) your question will be ignored.
    If you try to run third party apps like Xposed bla bla bla, and can't figure out why you can't achieve a,b and c, your questions will be ignored.
    If you are going to sit here and lie and say, hey i did this exactly and it's not working, your questions will be ignored.

This is getting ridiculous people. I took my family out for a nice day and came back to at least 3 pages per thread. And guess what. All 5 threads, have the exact same questions, some of them by the same person posting in seperate places. AND ALL OF THE QUESTIONS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED MULTIPLE TIMES.

2nd.

Please do not give people smart alec answers and comments because you feel like they should know it. Some of the questions are legit and people actually do need help. Belittling people on XDA will get you banned. I will report you to the Mod's myself. My job as an RC. Please be considerate in how you approach others. You do not know them or their background. Some people may take offense to condescending comments and tone.

With all that said. Please , Please, Please read and search. This entire section is starting to get riddled with duplicate information. If you have a problem or want to flash a particular rom, please go to that section to post your questions.

Thank you .
    Kwam Gary
    AKA DragonStalker
    Nice guide brotha!!!! But it is missing the rest of the steps lol

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Keep refreshing... doing guide right now...