[DEV][RC5] Team Nyx [Android 4.0.4] (ICSSGS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DemonWav

Sep 11, 2010
Lawton, OK

Team Nyx

-- DemonWav -- Nushor -- Onecosmic -- PaulForde -- RaymondDull -- Trae32566 --

This ROM is based directly on the source code straight from Google themselves, the way Android is meant to be. This ROM is produced by a collaboration of many different people, with the main development being done by Onecosmic himself. We strive to bring releases as often as possible and provide a stable AOSP ROM.

We are in the midst of many changes and will try to have our source code back up as soon as possible.

We do not support anything that is not produced by us!

Team ICSSGS is now Team Nyx!

We have made lots of changes, and part of that includes moving our base from XDA to our own website. All information, as well as downloads will be on our website, but please continue your discussions and we will continue our support here on the forums. Please check out our site at http://team-nyx.com/

Last edited:

goob1284

Nov 24, 2010
b-eock wasn't involved with the project, we wanted a bit more control over how the OP was updated, and we didn't want someone not even contributing to make the real people behind this (mostly Onecosmic) look bad.

So.... since your in charge of the kernels... any chance of a 1600Mhz over clock? Just wishful thinking..

Reactions: whitesox311

TRusselo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
is this build going to be pure ASOP first? the other thread was talking of changing the "crappy" battery icon and other stuff.

ASOP fist. right?

DemonWav

Sep 11, 2010
Lawton, OK
is this build going to be pure ASOP first? the other thread was talking of changing the "crappy" battery icon and other stuff.

ASOP fist. right?

That's another thing, that other thread was complete bullcrap. We are focusing 100% on AOSP at the moment. I'm working on side flashes to try to improve the rom, but they are not a part of the rom or have anything to do with Onecosmic.

jmbradd

Oct 3, 2010
I don't know why you said it won't boot. I'm on a7 with captivate kernel you posted in google code. Can't get 3g working yet but it boots just fine

goob1284

Nov 24, 2010
I don't know why you said it won't boot. I'm on a7 with captivate kernel you posted in google code. Can't get 3g working yet but it boots just fine

I did the same, except none of my buttons are working? i might reflash and see what happens. Also it seems to lag more the A6. Im gonna try a reflash and see if everything gets straightend out

everest.deth

Dec 22, 2010
Managua
If I want to flash from apex 11, what's the process I should go through?

Download the required files (ROM, Kernel, and SU fix), and make sure you have a GB Bootloader.

1. Backup your files, and do a Nandroid :)
2. Reboot to Recovery
3. Wipe Data, Cache, and Dalvik. No need to wipe system because it's done already on the updater script.
4. Install .zip from SD card. First of all flash the ROM, then go for the Kernel.
5. Reboot, the first boot takes longer.
6. Setup your account.
7. Boot to recovery, and install the SU.zip to grant you with Root access.
8. Reboot, and enjoy.

Notice I do not ask you to wipe and flash several times, it honestly works at the first attempt.

Good Luck.

white00gt

Dec 15, 2010
CT
dumb question is this still a port for the captivate ? and will flashing this mean you need specific boot loaders to start I run i9000 boot loaders and sorry for posting question here but never got an answer in the q&a will ICS support HSDPA like JVT did?

Last edited:

everest.deth

Dec 22, 2010
Managua
@OP

Is it the same thing to go to: http://code.google.com/p/ice-cream-sandwich-sgs/downloads/list, download the A7 ROM "ICS_4.0.1_r1-alpha7.zip", and flash the Captivate Kernel? Or are you uploading a different version, with more changes?

I am asking because I honestly feel like this A7 update is a tad slower than the A6 i downloaded previously. (The A6 zip i was linked to already merged both the Kernel, and the ROM into one same updater script.)

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

dumb question is this still a port for the captivate ? or is phone listed in title different and will flashing this mean you need specific boot loaders to start I run i9000 boot loaders and sorry for posting question here but never got an answer in the q&a will ICS support HSDPA like JVT did?

Yes, It is working for the Captivate. So far, all you have to do is download the I900 ROM, and then flash the Captivate kernel.

Links: http://code.google.com/p/ice-cream-sandwich-sgs/downloads/list

Reactions: white00gt

DemonWav

Sep 11, 2010
Lawton, OK
@OP

Is it the same thing to go to: http://code.google.com/p/ice-cream-sandwich-sgs/downloads/list, download the A7 ROM "ICS_4.0.1_r1-alpha7.zip", and flash the Captivate Kernel? Or are you uploading a different version, with more changes?

I am asking because I honestly feel like this A7 update is a tad slower than the A6 i downloaded previously. (The A6 zip i was linked to already merged both the Kernel, and the ROM into one same updater script.)

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Yes, It is working for the Captivate. So far, all you have to do is download the I900 ROM, and then flash the Captivate kernel.

It is the same, I am just packaging it up to simplify it for the noobs. I just uploaded a .zip, then I realized that I had screwed up with it, so I'm re-uploading now. :p

EDIT: As for it being slower, Alpha 7 has some wicked partitioning changes that should speed it up. Of course we are always trying to make it better, but HW Accel. is built into Alpha 7.

white00gt

Dec 15, 2010
CT
@OP

thanks might wait a little while before flashing but it is very tempting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Team Nyx

-- DemonWav -- Nushor -- Onecosmic -- PaulForde -- RaymondDull -- Trae32566 --

This ROM is based directly on the source code straight from Google themselves, the way Android is meant to be. This ROM is produced by a collaboration of many different people, with the main development being done by Onecosmic himself. We strive to bring releases as often as possible and provide a stable AOSP ROM.

We are in the midst of many changes and will try to have our source code back up as soon as possible.

We do not support anything that is not produced by us!

Team ICSSGS is now Team Nyx!

We have made lots of changes, and part of that includes moving our base from XDA to our own website. All information, as well as downloads will be on our website, but please continue your discussions and we will continue our support here on the forums. Please check out our site at http://team-nyx.com/
    loleverything works pretty much not a huge need for this here
    Ok guys here is what IS going to happen. People WILL search before posting, people WILL NOT flame others for not searching but WILL use the report button or hell send me a PM. Now these things will happen or I WILL go on a "Iron Fist" Banning spree and and send people on a vacation.

I really hope I made things clear.
    Sorry Diablo III came out, so the release date is pushed back indefinitely...I mean, what can I say? LOL Just kidding of course...kind of. ;) We are working on maybe a Friday release of RC5.
    RC5 is finally getting near it seems. But I do have AP tests to take until next Wednesday so it definitely won't be till at least a few days after that. If there is anyone that is from the US who remembers/knows about the AP tests then you know how hard they are...takes up all of your time until they are done. :)

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA