ICS update sensation India

Search This thread

blupoison

Oct 26, 2011
Hey all,

Any news on the ics update in India? I dont see any discussion thread on that...

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using xda premium

Reactions: Sedariya11

blupoison

Oct 26, 2011
Man... Its the end of the month... Which other end of the month is it supposed to launch??? So many Asian countries have got it now... Let's c

Reactions: Sedariya11

djpeesh

Nov 6, 2007
Well then again, they never specified end of march in which year. Someone did mention that they had the update though. Been furiously pressing the check now button but my software still is "up to date." Urgh.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA

sidd6800

Jan 17, 2011
Pune
When I asked HTC_India on FB ..they deleted my post from their wall...coz they are busy on One X... :( ...Hope we will have this end of this month.

DroidRap

Jul 11, 2008
Columbus
Tired of using check update button. I don't understand why HTC always delays in OTA for India. Are they not looking at India as market to grow?.

blupoison

Oct 26, 2011
I saw someone in India say they got it too... When i asked for the details... They just stopped sending me updates... Strange... Worse than the delaued missing update os the behavior... Upsetting...

sarkar_007

Oct 16, 2011
Thane
Don't be so sad. Most of Europe didn't get it either.

Just saw many threads with most European countries getting ICS update. Why is ICS still not available for India?

You do know that even E/W Europe didnt update yet? And you want for India?

Is there any rule that India should get it after E/W Europe? Since Malaysia, Singapore, Taiwan etc are getting it (i.e. SE Asia) logically India should have got it by now!

Reactions: sanjananb

montenis

Dec 14, 2010
My sensation xe (India) has software nr. 1.77.720.103 , i don't think to many xe's have this build, so it is possible that this will get update later...

Last edited:

kanav bhasin

Aug 1, 2011
We'll get our updates man .. but as usual itll take the agonising equivalent of ages.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA

nabeelrazanaqvi

Nov 15, 2010
Rawalpindi
Hey all,

Any news on the ics update in India? I dont see any discussion thread on that...

Blupoison dear what is your software no. Mine is 1.52.720.3 and hboot is 1.18.000 and some one told me that i am not having stock rom so willnot have ICS update my device says S-On. So am i not having original Rom and will i not get ICS Update.

blupoison

Oct 26, 2011
I was just about to say that... It is original stock... In fact... You cant change it till u do s_off... So don't worry... We will get it... Question is... When... Asian update was out the last i heard... But i dont know when it will hit India... I have the same config by the way.... Just waiting now... Bored reading other countries updating that they have received it...

imblfmstr

Oct 7, 2008
New Delhi
Sensatio ICS update before 7th April

I spoke to Service Manager HTC Customer care, he told the update would available before 7th April....

keeping finger crossed and hitting the check update button like hell...more than 200 times a day ;):rolleyes:

blupoison

Oct 26, 2011
Hmm.... 7th april... So not march... That's disappointing... Neway... Going to stop checking for the update... Thanks man

Gstar2006

Mar 29, 2012
Hi,

I'm in the UK with a Sensation XE which I purchased from a company in Hong Kong. I run it with a T-mobile sim card.

When I check my software version it says I am 1.77.720.103 like a couple on this thread.

If i use CID Getter it shows my CID as being HTC__038 and that my ro.carrier is HTC-India. When I first got it I had to change the locale to be english GB so that it received news articles to do with the UK.

I'm a bit puzzled by how exactly the phones receive the updates OTA. They obviously check a server somewhere which checks something on the phone and makes a decision whether to let it update or not. Is there not some way that I can change my phone settings so that it believes it is a UK phone and receives the update at the same time as other people in the UK?

Is there a way that I could flash my phone with a European/UK ROM so that I don't have to mess about changing locale etc?

Many thanks and apologies if this has been asked before as I could not find it when I tried searching.

G

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I will add it to my post if you don't mind.

Here you go.

Being a newbie, im not allowed to post links, so the URl is d-h.st/Cyv
    Good news folks update seems to be out for XE and XL in India. might take a while before it reaches us.

refer :- http://installornot.com/news/phones...-india/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Hit like if u liked this..

Cheers,
    Renga
    Yeah a colleague of mine.. Has her update of ics on her xl.. That's a good news..
    Hopefully by the end of this week all htc sensation Devices in India gets their OTA
    But anyone who got their OTA... I would request you to save the OTA and share it here..
    (once you downloaded the OTA.. Before applying the update you can retrieve the ota zip and copy it to your pc.. It will be in the sdcard ..sorry it will be in the /cache partition .)
    It will be a great help to the community if you guys share the OTA zip

Sent from my pyramid.. Through blazing fast sonic waves
    Bt wat if some prbm occurs while rooting ..? I ll have to change my mobo...n ll have to pay for it..?!! :eek:

Nothing will happen......
    First flash clockworkmod recovery and take a Nandroid backup of you stock ROM....
    If you get any problem after rooting... You can restore it to stock rom by using the restore option in clockworkmod recovery ;)

Hit thanks if this helped you !

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium
    Download links for untouched OTA zip files & instructions for flashing

Redundant post
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Post moved to a new thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28560830