[Guide] How to send files at speeds like wifi direct on old devices

Search This thread

Kobro

Nov 21, 2013
So i found this way to send files wirelessly at speeds like wifi direct on old devices and devices that dont have wifi direct. it is an excellent way to send large files to another phone, such as movies, and much faster than bluetooth!

You will need to download and install es file explorer https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop
on both devices. (in my opinion, every android device should have es anyway!)
from es file explorer, on the device that is sending the file: navigate to the file to be shared, and long press it, then press "more" (for me on the bottom of the screen)
from more, press "send".
press settings, then choose"use the system ap setting".
type es sender, and a password 12345678
press ok, then press "create a hotspot network."

On the device receiving the file, go to any file, it dosen't matter which, long press and choose send, then "join a network".
choose es sender, input the password. (if you did like me, it is 12345678)
you will see a device option called es sender, choose it.
the sender presses send, and Voila! your file is shooting across the air at high speed!

While this may seem complicated, it really is not. just follow directions and it wont take more than thirty seconds to get set up, and then you are set!

Last edited:

Kobro

Nov 21, 2013
P.S. if anyone knows a faster way, please let me know, i'm constantly sending big files between my phones and tablet!